Thread: Changes to the Infraction System

1. Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 5,542

Membership Elite

01-15-2012 11:21 PM #1 Changes to the Infraction System

Changes to the NextGenUpdate Infraction System

Staff has been discussing ways to make the infraction system on NGU more private and formal. To do this we have hidden the infraction section and set it so our mystery member Punisher will PM the member who is infracted their infraction.

Example:

But Drack, how do I dispute my infraction if I think it was wrongly given?

Simple . Just forward the PM to a super moderator (they can be found on the usergroups page [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).

The super moderator you PM will know who gave the infraction because the thread will be viewable to them. This information will be kept private however. The super will discuss the situation with both you and the moderator separately. If the super moderator feels like the infraction was wrongly given or too harsh, they have the authority to reverse it.

Infractions are to be as mature as possible now. If you feel like you are wrongly treated in an infraction please contact me or another administrator and we will handle the situation. Infractions are now supposed to be professionally done.

---------------------------------------

Before you post saying "This is just to protect moderators and make things more unfair for us."

This is not true. Moderators are still held accountable for power abuse. There is a log where we can view what infraction was given to whom regardless of the PM. We will know.

Thanks for reading .

The ShoutBox ban thread has been moved to a sticky in Forum Help section.
    Last edited by NeedaLifeSoon; 01-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Frog [move]u 'mirin? :tears: [/move]

Join Date Nov 2008

Posts 2,086

Membership Former Staff

01-16-2012 12:28 AM #21

Quote Originally Posted by Golagoda View Post
    Everyone's thoughts are taken into account, but in the end normal members really don't need to know such things and the result of them knowing about others infractions is often them trying to start shit with the member about it for whatever reason - whether they did something to one of their friends or whatever, they let bias and ignorance get in the way (this happens a lot unfortunately).

The only reason I've heard so far against this is that people want (not need) to see what other people have been infracted for, infractions are staff only because they do need to see them, not for taking the piss or making fun of people behind their backs.
    Of course, I can completely see where you guys are coming from :y: The maturity of this forum isn't the most impressive thing that's for sure, but I really do believe hiding stuff will cause more shit than not hiding it. Shit will be caused either way lol, but I just think speculations would cause more.. dramatic shit .. one might say, because the ability to not give user insight on what they are causing shit about will allow users to use their imagination and possibly hurt the reputation of a specific member on the forum. I mean sure, privacy is important, but does it really need to be hidden because of something so small? Let's be honest here, most infractions aren't that serious and don't cause much of a stir-up so is it really necessary to include this function in our forum? Those are just my two cents about this.
    7th Purchaser of Elite :fyea:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

oG GUNN3R --------

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 953

Membership Donator

01-16-2012 12:38 AM #22

I read every one of Golagoda's posts, they all make perfect sense. I think this is a good add to the site, 'cuz like you said why should members be able to see other members infractions?

Anyone know when a 3 point infraction goes away?

4. Knucks Banned

Join Date Aug 2008

Posts 1,827

Membership Banned

01-16-2012 01:13 AM #23

While I do think this is a great change and I applaud the idea to make it completely private; I still think a third "judge" needs to be involved. There's too much grey area for bias here.

helpmeoprah FormerStaff HATED ON

Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 2,129

Membership Donator

01-16-2012 01:18 AM #24

i miss auto perma banning ***s

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz-Angus View Post
    Never got an infraction but this cleans things up a bit. The middle-man is a great addition. Good job Drack
    punisher has always been there

"I can't feel the ink on my skin, I can't feel the tar in my lungs"

Sig by Low Key

6. Join Date Dec 2011

Posts 273

Membership Banned

01-16-2012 01:31 AM #25

Quote Originally Posted by xIIMIIoNzTeRx View Post
    Great Idea, It's annoying when users who aren't involved in the infraction post in the infracted user's thread.
    You couldn't post in the infraction thread without a mod approving it first

sunce99 League Champion

Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 1,533

Membership Standard

01-16-2012 02:47 AM #26

cool i guess ;D
    ___________________ Click ''Subscribe''

8. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

01-16-2012 03:09 AM #27

Quote Originally Posted by Drackos View Post
    Changes to the NextGenUpdate Infraction System

Staff has been discussing ways to make the infraction system on NGU more private and formal. To do this we have hidden the infraction section and set it so our mystery member Punisher will PM the member who is infracted their infraction.

Example:

But Drack, how do I dispute my infraction if I think it was wrongly given?

Simple . Just forward the PM to a super moderator (they can be found on the usergroups page [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).

The super moderator you PM will know who gave the infraction because the thread will be viewable to them. This information will be kept private however. The super will discuss the situation with both you and the moderator separately. If the super moderator feels like the infraction was wrongly given or too harsh, they have the authority to reverse it.

Infractions are to be as mature as possible now. If you feel like you are wrongly treated in an infraction please contact me or another administrator and we will handle the situation. Infractions are now supposed to be professionally done.

---------------------------------------

Before you post saying "This is just to protect moderators and make things more unfair for us."

This is not true. Moderators are still held accountable for power abuse. There is a log where we can view what infraction was given to whom regardless of the PM. We will know.

Thanks for reading .
    Does Punisher have that official staff message thing? I can see a lot of people thinking it's just some random user trying to have a laugh

9. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

01-16-2012 05:18 AM #28

Quote Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
    We don't need this option as there is NO point in dispute. You mods are all so ignorant with your E-dicks, and status. You always have right, and everyone else is wrong.

Im not hatin, Im just speaking the truth. Two times have I've been infracted, without actually have done anything wrong. I provided proof and all, but I never got a reply.
    Hence why you don't dispute your infraction with the moderator who interacted you.
    It's dealt by with a completely different member of staff, therefore if your infraction was unjust it will be reversed. He also said if you feel like the Super Moderator is treating you unfairly you are encouraged to contact an admin.

I don't really see how he could make the system any more fair

10. Xx--AIDAN--xX One Man Army

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 4,622

Membership Donator

01-16-2012 05:25 AM #29

this is such much better what will ngu think off next

rockym56 M.O.B.

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 1,885

Membership Elite Founder

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

01-16-2012 05:52 AM #30

Damn... No more noobs on the front page of the paper?? If u do the crime, then u should b exploited.. Plain and simple.. I smell some cover ups in the future.. Privacy?? Privacy for the mods or privacy for the users?? Sounds more like privacy for the mods..

For me, it was nice to see what actions led to infractions.. And what kind of punishment was handed down for each infraction.. Members could benefit from the infractions section.. Members get to see what kind of infractions are out there, and the severity of the punishment.. Which may lead them to think twice about doing something to recieve an infraction...

Level 1 Trustworthy
    <>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rockym56 For This Useful Post: