08-04-2014, 04:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I softmodded my Wii a week or so ago and I've been using a 16GB flash drive to play
game on it. As you can imagine, the flash drive fills up pretty quickly. I have two
internal hard drives though. A 40Gb Seagate I took out of my PS3 when I upgraded
it, and a 80GB Hitachi Travelstar I removed from an old laptop. I was wondering if
I just throw these in an external 2.5" HD casing if it would work with the Wii. Was
considering placing them in the following casing:

You must login or register to view this content.

Any ideas as to whether or not this would be alright and work?
08-05-2014, 11:39 AM #2
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by niicholai View Post
I softmodded my Wii a week or so ago and I've been using a 16GB flash drive to play
game on it. As you can imagine, the flash drive fills up pretty quickly. I have two
internal hard drives though. A 40Gb Seagate I took out of my PS3 when I upgraded
it, and a 80GB Hitachi Travelstar I removed from an old laptop. I was wondering if
I just throw these in an external 2.5" HD casing if it would work with the Wii. Was

Never tried and External HDD 2.5 on my softmodded Wii but I know that some would work depending on the brand of the 2.5 HDD. You can look at this list here and try to find if anyone had tried it out. It's a pretty long list so it's best to Crtl+F it You must login or register to view this content.
08-07-2015, 12:22 AM #3
Eddie-Lucas
< ^ > < ^ >
will work as long as the HDD is powered. don't make any difference what is plugged into the wii. I use a 500gb external with mine and it works just fine.

Originally posted by niicholai View Post
I softmodded my Wii a week or so ago and I've been using a 16GB flash drive to play

01-12-2016, 11:12 AM #4
Jeffie
Gym leader
did it work?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo