06-03-2016, 08:48 PM #1
Hammy
[b]#Hammy4IMGPerms McCoy[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

So first of all, I am going to say that Overwatch is a really fun game. All though Overwatch doesn't have a single player campaign, it is still a fantastic game for multiplayer. A great deal of teamwork is required for this game, so if you want to play it solo, you better pray that you have good teammates. :P If you've played it, what's your opinion on the game? Who is your favourite hero to play? (Phara is mine since she can both defend and attack any point.) Hammy

The following user thanked Hammy for this useful post:

Angioy
06-04-2016, 05:33 AM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
It's an average FPS with no actual content. You have 2 game modes with some characters and a handful of maps. It got stale really quick for me and the people I play with. You really only see the same few characters ever being used. Low tick rates and their "favor the shooter" system cause all sorts of problems with hit detection despite what they keep saying. There's no valid reason why they can't have 60+ tick rate in match making. That's the bread and butter of the game, they need to address that.

The only thing that they have going for this game is the character selection. That's really where I think all the time went into.

To me its an ok game in a small burst. The base $40 price tag is currently over priced for what you really get. Especially with free alternatives that have more going for it.
06-04-2016, 09:26 PM #3
Default Avatar
Bch
Personally addicted af, over 20 hours gameplay this past week started off with Phara, but the low health just wasn't cutting it so the past ~20 levels i've been using Roadhog, grapple then instant kill is the reason he's so good, as well as having a shit tonne of health and ability to heal himself.
06-05-2016, 12:32 AM #4
I'm having fun with it so far, but I don't think it's as good as it has generally been made out to be.

Character variety is what's keeping it fun for me. I'm really liking reaper, hanzo and tracer and I can definitely see myself still putting quite a bit of time into it over the next few weeks to try out different characters
06-15-2016, 01:52 PM #5
Only there for the women ^_^
06-16-2016, 11:46 PM #6
MLB
Former Moderator
i haven't tried it yet Sal

really want to get it though and battleborn!
06-25-2016, 02:57 PM #7
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
From what I've seen, this game looks like a combonation of COD, Borderlands, and Team Fortress 2 put together. Real cartoonish, looks like it was cheaply made, low amount of content. The hype this game has is unreal and I truly don't understand it.

$40 is WAY too much for this game from what I've seen. Honestly I probably wouldn't even pay more than $5USD for it.
06-25-2016, 06:54 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Cryptic
From what I've seen, this game looks like a combonation of COD, Borderlands, and Team Fortress 2 put together. Real cartoonish, looks like it was cheaply made, low amount of content. The hype this game has is unreal and I truly don't understand it.

$40 is WAY too much for this game from what I've seen. Honestly I probably wouldn't even pay more than $5USD for it.

Not even close, kinda if you wanna argue character abilities, yes but with waifus. It's a blizzard game, why you expected it to not be cartoonish should be the real surprise. I mean tf2 is cartoonish.
Define cheaply made?
Not much you can do with the FPS genre. Lack of maps? Yea thats true. Game modes get borring. It's a $30 game. You probably wouldn't pay more than 5 because you spend 2 weeks deciding on a game and moan about it all the way through the process.

The following user groaned Oneup for this awful post:

Cryptic
06-28-2016, 03:28 PM #9
Your guys seem to be critiquing a game that was just released really hard, i personally think its worth the money considering that new gamemodes that will be comming out. New maps and its gonna start to become all competitive gameplay even more so than before. the game is worth the 40 to me its fun and simple and competitive. i love it and i personally love playing as "reinhart" good defense and fun to tackle others off edges of map XD
06-29-2016, 03:23 AM #10
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
I've watched my favorite streamer become absolutely obsessed with this game, and now it's all he ever plays...it's so bad I want to unsub and stop watching. I've seen all I need to see about it. The game looks like crap, not a buy for me. Even if it went on sale.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo