Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SOTW 156: Discussion


  1. FoxkaZ's Avatar

    FoxkaZ Retired Super

    Join Date Apr 2010

    Posts 7,378

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 37117

    04-13-2012 08:05 AM #1 SOTW 156: Discussion




    This week's theme is: BATTLEFIELD 3.


    Discuss your thoughts on this week's Signature Of The Week.

    Here are some topics to discuss:
    Who's going to win?
    What you think of the theme.
    Some Things that should be changed next week.
    etc.

    NO FLAMING
    NO ENTRIES HERE

    Rules:
    Collaborations Allowed
    No Ripping
    No Premades
    No Flaming
    1 Entry (if it gets rejected, your loss READ THE RULES NEXT TIME)
    Max Size: 500x250 = horizontal || 250x500 = vertical
    NO Animations
    NO changing your entry


    *Entries thread*
    Schedule


    This weeks prizes:
    Winner: 15,000 vBux and 100 reputation
    Runner Up: 5,000 vBux and 50 reputation


    If there are any questions, problems or concerns please post here. If I don't respond PM me.


    Last Weeks SOTW Winners:

    Winner: Anglo




    Runner up: RD Designs




  2. hollandje's Avatar

    hollandje Taco Bell

    Join Date Sep 2010

    Posts 423

    Membership Standard

    Reputation: 2366

    04-13-2012 11:51 AM #2

    yeah my theme got chosen
    Games I've helped develop:
    - Battlefield 4!

  3. Phuturistix's Avatar

    Phuturistix Level 2 Trustworthy

    Join Date Dec 2011

    Posts 361

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 1065

    04-13-2012 11:58 AM #3

    Hmmm... I've done a few BF3 themes so my mind is gunna be pretty drained on an idea. Hope to see more entries this week as it seems to be a very attractive theme this week and good luck to all, cant wait to see your entries.

    IDEA: Ok I know I seem to be really picky and making tough work for you FoxkaZ :lol: but I been thinking of ways to secure a more fairer method for the entries of SOTW. I think entries should be made via PM (If NGU be willing to get mods who mod this section to accept the entries via PM). Also I think to show the level of work that went into a members entry for SOTW, they should also post along the render(s) they used with their final piece so we can see how much effort they made and how they put it all together to create their final piece. Now my method in thinking of this is very simple why and I will point them out below.

    1. You can see how much thought, style & creativity the creator used for their sig.
    2. It should make alot of entries become more thought out.
    3. It should make the SOTW competitions become alot tougher to make the creators think more and make more of an effort on their entries.
    4. It could also attract new people to wanna get involved.
    5. Hopefully also it will make the voting alot diverse and fairer for all entries.
    6. It will show the skill of the crwators from others, in making others want to become better etc etc.

    These are my ideas and I believe strongly that this will work. Also I like to see the effort people put into their sig making to see how they went from a single render to their final piece. I think it will make people to wanna work more greatly on their pieces to try and avoid just a simple smudge to blend it in. But enough of that anyways, I hope to read some feedback on these ideas

    LEGIT SHOP STATUS: OPEN & HACKED SHOP STATUS: OPEN

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phuturistix For This Useful Post:


  5. Join Date Nov 2011

    Posts 51

    Membership Banned

    Reputation: 322

    04-13-2012 01:21 PM #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglo View Post
    Hmmm... I've done a few BF3 themes so my mind is gunna be pretty drained on an idea. Hope to see more entries this week as it seems to be a very attractive theme this week and good luck to all, cant wait to see your entries.

    IDEA: Ok I know I seem to be really picky and making tough work for you FoxkaZ :lol: but I been thinking of ways to secure a more fairer method for the entries of SOTW. I think entries should be made via PM (If NGU be willing to get mods who mod this section to accept the entries via PM). Also I think to show the level of work that went into a members entry for SOTW, they should also post along the render(s) they used with their final piece so we can see how much effort they made and how they put it all together to create their final piece. Now my method in thinking of this is very simple why and I will point them out below.

    1. You can see how much thought, style & creativity the creator used for their sig.
    2. It should make alot of entries become more thought out.
    3. It should make the SOTW competitions become alot tougher to make the creators think more and make more of an effort on their entries.
    4. It could also attract new people to wanna get involved.
    5. Hopefully also it will make the voting alot diverse and fairer for all entries.
    6. It will show the skill of the crwators from others, in making others want to become better etc etc.

    These are my ideas and I believe strongly that this will work. Also I like to see the effort people put into their sig making to see how they went from a single render to their final piece. I think it will make people to wanna work more greatly on their pieces to try and avoid just a simple smudge to blend it in. But enough of that anyways, I hope to read some feedback on these ideas
    no just no

  6. +crazy R.I.P +cK

    Join Date Mar 2009

    Posts 1,587

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 2721

    04-13-2012 02:12 PM #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglo View Post
    Hmmm... I've done a few BF3 themes so my mind is gunna be pretty drained on an idea. Hope to see more entries this week as it seems to be a very attractive theme this week and good luck to all, cant wait to see your entries.

    IDEA: Ok I know I seem to be really picky and making tough work for you FoxkaZ :lol: but I been thinking of ways to secure a more fairer method for the entries of SOTW. I think entries should be made via PM (If NGU be willing to get mods who mod this section to accept the entries via PM). Also I think to show the level of work that went into a members entry for SOTW, they should also post along the render(s) they used with their final piece so we can see how much effort they made and how they put it all together to create their final piece. Now my method in thinking of this is very simple why and I will point them out below.

    1. You can see how much thought, style & creativity the creator used for their sig.
    2. It should make alot of entries become more thought out.
    3. It should make the SOTW competitions become alot tougher to make the creators think more and make more of an effort on their entries.
    4. It could also attract new people to wanna get involved.
    5. Hopefully also it will make the voting alot diverse and fairer for all entries.
    6. It will show the skill of the crwators from others, in making others want to become better etc etc.

    These are my ideas and I believe strongly that this will work. Also I like to see the effort people put into their sig making to see how they went from a single render to their final piece. I think it will make people to wanna work more greatly on their pieces to try and avoid just a simple smudge to blend it in. But enough of that anyways, I hope to read some feedback on these ideas
    Sorry bro but you're asking a lot here IMO.
    I'm all for getting people to vote on SOTW and enter SOTW but your ideas just complicate things bro.
    I can't speak for everyone but I will not enter my .psd with my entry. I'll submit to Fox to prove I made a piece but it's not for everyone to see and use.
    As for seeing how much "work" goes into a sig is a little unrealistic as well.
    I can make a sig with 27 crappy layers and it's still gonna look like crap or I can make a good sig with 7-10 good layers and it still looks good.
    All I'm saying is that a sig cannot be judged on the .psd from layers used, etc.
    I'm not trying to rant or anything just justifying my groan bro.



    ex leader of +cK (Custom Kings) and ex member of +sfx (Skilled FX)... overall retired GFXer LOL
    Got a PS3? add me designated_crazy
    ~SOTW 5 time winner~

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to +crazy For This Useful Post:


  8. Phuturistix's Avatar

    Phuturistix Level 2 Trustworthy

    Join Date Dec 2011

    Posts 361

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 1065

    04-13-2012 02:27 PM #6

    Quote Originally Posted by +cK crazy View Post
    Sorry bro but you're asking a lot here IMO.
    I'm all for getting people to vote on SOTW and enter SOTW but your ideas just complicate things bro.
    I can't speak for everyone but I will not enter my .psd with my entry. I'll submit to Fox to prove I made a piece but it's not for everyone to see and use.
    As for seeing how much "work" goes into a sig is a little unrealistic as well.
    I can make a sig with 27 crappy layers and it's still gonna look like crap or I can make a good sig with 7-10 good layers and it still looks good.
    All I'm saying is that a sig cannot be judged on the .psd from layers used, etc.
    I'm not trying to rant or anything just justifying my groan bro.
    I'm not saying your '.PSD', I'm saying just the render. The render you picked to use posted along with your final sig. There is no need for your .PSD otherwise people can just rip your creation or method of creating sig. I post a preview with this in a sec on what I ment as I'm almost finished with my entry.

    LEGIT SHOP STATUS: OPEN & HACKED SHOP STATUS: OPEN

  9. Join Date Nov 2011

    Posts 51

    Membership Banned

    Reputation: 322

    04-13-2012 02:33 PM #7

    Im happy i got my entry in on time

  10. Phuturistix's Avatar

    Phuturistix Level 2 Trustworthy

    Join Date Dec 2011

    Posts 361

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 1065

    04-13-2012 02:33 PM #8

    So this is the example what I ment for when people post the entries:



    PHP Code:
    [IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h421/Anglo_/BF3-SOTW-156.png[/IMG] 
    Render Used:

    LEGIT SHOP STATUS: OPEN & HACKED SHOP STATUS: OPEN

  11. Join Date Nov 2011

    Posts 51

    Membership Banned

    Reputation: 322

    04-13-2012 03:06 PM #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglo View Post
    So this is the example what I ment for when people post the entries:



    PHP Code:
    [IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h421/Anglo_/BF3-SOTW-156.png[/IMG] 


    Render Used:
    heres the stock i used
    PHP Code:
    http://donotargue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/battlefield-3-brotherhood-3d-game-1080x1920.jpg 

  12. Phuturistix's Avatar

    Phuturistix Level 2 Trustworthy

    Join Date Dec 2011

    Posts 361

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 1065

    04-13-2012 03:29 PM #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemeu View Post
    heres the stock i used
    PHP Code:
    http://donotargue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/battlefield-3-brotherhood-3d-game-1080x1920.jpg 
    Awesome, now I get the image of the work put it and thats what I was trying to get the point about. Very well created sig ^^

    LEGIT SHOP STATUS: OPEN & HACKED SHOP STATUS: OPEN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •