Post: Snipesome's Ultimate Guide to Custom Zombie Maps [X-POST]
12-17-2013, 02:05 AM #1
Snipesome
Error… Cat invasion!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my guide to help everyone start playing custom zombies. The process is easy but time consuming. So without any further a due...

Snipesome's Ultimate Guide to Custom Zombie Maps

Getting the Game
First thing first you will need the game. If you have already bought it from steam or pirated it you can skip this. I recommend you you buy the game from steam because piracy is illegal. Although I do not condone it I will show you the pirated method. You should not use the illegal method, always buy the game.

• Torrent the game from the Pirate Bay using the following link
    You must login or register to view this content.
    You will have to torrent the file. If you are unaware of how to torrent google it.
  • Once the game has downloaded install the game by running the executable file
  • Only install to an area that does not require admin rights
    I suggest installing it to C:\GAMES
    You won't have a "GAMES" folder unless you have already made one so just make the folder.
  • Download the update from the following link
  • Run the installer and specify the directory in which you installed your game
  • download any needed programs from this page below. Once again these are as needed. If you have a lot of recent games you will most likely have these. but if you are new to gaming or are unaware it doesn't hurt to.
    The only thing you will need is punkbuster for World at War
    Here is what these will look like: You must login or register to view this content.

• Once you have done all of this your game is good to go. Feel free to start it up and try it out. Only play the campaign or or solo zombies. You will also need to configure your settings so go ahead and do that.

Necessary programs and accounts
Before we add some maps it is nice to get all the accounts and programs setup. You won't be installing anything taxing on your system and most of your time will be taken up by downloading.

Lanfix
Lanfix is a file used to trick the game into thinking you are playing lan when you are really playing with people from across the world. I will not get into specifics so if you really want to know. Google it.

• Lanfix can be downloaded from the link below
  • Now open your directory for World at War and simply copy it into the folder. You will be prompted to overwrite CodWaw.exe. Accept it.

That is all for lanfix. If your lanfix file is named something other than "CodWaW.exe" please rename it to this before copying it over.

Tunngle
Tunngle is a program that utilizes lanfix to help trick the game into getting you into lan servers. For right now we will go over installing. Later in the thread I will teach you how to use it.

• Download and install Tunngle from the link below. That is all.

Accounts
These sites will be sued to download your custom maps. Make your accounts, download the manager and hang on.

• Head over to Zombie Modding (link below) and make an account. That's all for now.
  • Head over to UGX-modding (link below) and make an account
  • Once you have made an account download an install UGX map manager (link below)
  • Install it. Have it save the mods to the directory default directory.

Downloading and installing custom maps
We are getting closer to game time.

Downloading

• You can get a whole lot of maps from the file I have provided. Download them and hold them for now.
  • You can also get your maps from the Map Manager you just installed. It is very easy to use and these maps are excellent. Some of these maps are already provided in my mass file.
  • You can also find maps on zombie modding.

The files you download will either be executibles or most likely .zips. Installation will follow.

Installing
The downloads from Zombie Modding have an installer that you run and that's it. But if you are downloading from somewhere else you have to place the custom map files to your mod folder manually. To find the mod folder in the first place you have to set your computer to show hidden folders and files.
Viewing hidden folders

• Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

Manually Installing from Map Manager

• When you download from the map manager it will install it to this folder:
    C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods
  • Go in there and copy the FOLDER with the mod not just the files in the folder.
    These are the folders to COPY: You must login or register to view this content.
  • Once copied go into "wherever you put your game"\CodWaw\mods
    and paste them there.

Running the mods

• Start the game and go into the mods folder
  • double clip whichever map you want to play
  • the game will either launch a menu or will just bring you back to the main menu
  • If you are brought back to main menu go to the settings and enable console. Then hit the ` key and type "/map (mod name here)" and the map will load

Playing the mods online

• Launch Tunngle and create an account
  • then go over to the side bar and search "world at war"
  • Connect to whichever server has the most people
  • Start up the WaW private client
  • Start up WaW
  • Launch whatever mod you want to play (if any)
  • Go to Coop and Find or host a Lan
  • When sorting through servers sort by Lan
  • You should see a list of servers.

Authentication Error
If you receive and authentication error run the Key-generator.
Go into your settings on world at war and change the Key Code. Use the code from the Key generator

You have now successfully modded WaW. It was a long process but it will be worth it. Custom Zombie maps are a ton of fun and are 10x more fun online. Have fun and don't be afraid to explore. If you have any questions please reply to my thread and I will help you. Enjoy your zombies

I have not proofread this simply due to the length so just let me know if you find any mistakes.
This will be X-posted to PC gaming.

Link to my mass custom zombie map file:

This file was updated at 1:42am on 1/12/2014
enjoy
Last edited by Snipesome ; 07-16-2014 at 05:45 AM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Snipesome for this useful post:

hkownz, Kieron, malvin, Toke, Redadski, ICS Vortex, Sir Right

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo