11-17-2014, 07:38 AM #1
DazedMods
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so recently I was looking into getting a gaming PC. Nothing to special or too pricey. Just something to run games like GTA IV and Garry's Mod at reasonable Graphics and no lag.

So I searched around and found this iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power WA550B through WalMart for $479.00.

Specs:
- AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive | 3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)
- 1TB SATA hard drive
- Windows 8.1 Home Premium
- NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB Graphics | With 2GB dedicated graphics memory

I do plan on getting the GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDRR5 Video Card aswell as upgrading the computer to 16gb of RAM.

Do you think this PC will do good? Is there anything else I should need to do to it or should add for it to better run?

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by DazedMods ; 11-17-2014 at 07:40 AM.
11-25-2014, 04:01 AM #2
StevensCruz
Gym leader
Get an SSD. Click You must login or register to view this content. for a direct link to ssds.
11-26-2014, 09:11 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by DazedMods View Post
Okay, so recently I was looking into getting a gaming PC. Nothing to special or too pricey. Just something to run games like GTA IV and Garry's Mod at reasonable Graphics and no lag.

So I searched around and found this iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power WA550B through WalMart for $479.00.

Specs:
- AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive | 3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
- 1TB SATA hard drive

I do plan on getting the GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDRR5 Video Card aswell as upgrading the computer to 16gb of RAM.

Do you think this PC will do good? Is there anything else I should need to do to it or should add for it to better run?

Go check the $800 build thread on the front page, I can't remember but I believe it was a FX 6400 and better system.
11-26-2014, 11:37 PM #4
Originally posted by DazedMods View Post
Okay, so recently I was looking into getting a gaming PC. Nothing to special or too pricey. Just something to run games like GTA IV and Garry's Mod at reasonable Graphics and no lag.

Specs:
- 1TB SATA hard drive

I've built you something that's quite a bit better. Though it's missing an OS, case and only has 8GB RAM. If you're going for gaming, 8GB should do you more than enough. The CPU is upgraded substantially to your current choice and is there to avoid extra costs in the future. It should last you a while; if you can't afford this after purchasing an OS/Case, you could always go for a lower model CPU such as the FX-6300
Last edited by Insight ; 11-26-2014 at 11:40 PM.

The following user thanked Insight for this useful post:

Toke

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo