02-25-2015, 07:47 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a friend who wants to build a new gaming PC.

Not too sure what games he plays but I know he plays Attila total war (what ever that is tears)

Could you show me a build where I can give him a link or what have you for him to buy if he likes it. He can spend upto £800/ $1240 right now but could add to it when he gets paid every month.

He doesn't need a copy of Windows, a mouse/ keyboard and doesn't need a monitor.

All help will get +rep.

TL: DR?
>Build me a PC for £800/ $1240
>Awesome faceon't need Windows, mouse, keyboard or monitor
>!?!?
>Profit.

All hail Lord Gaben.

You must login or register to view this content.
02-25-2015, 09:39 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I have a friend who wants to build a new gaming PC.

Not too sure what games he plays but I know he plays Attila total war (what ever that is tears)

Could you show me a build where I can give him a link or what have you for him to buy if he likes it. He can spend upto £800/ $1240 right now but could add to it when he gets paid every month.

He doesn't need a copy of Windows, a mouse/ keyboard and doesn't need a monitor.

All help will get +rep.

>!?!?
>Profit.

All hail Lord Gaben.

You must login or register to view this content. can't go wrong with this beast
You must login or register to view this content. this is smaller less powerful but still enough to get the job done
Last edited by Toke ; 02-25-2015 at 09:49 PM.
02-26-2015, 12:12 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. can't go wrong with this beast
You must login or register to view this content. this is smaller less powerful but still enough to get the job done

Thank you buddy, I've passed them onto him and hopefully he'll like the builds.
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM #4
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Why Toke, why. I know you can do better than that.

SSD is optional. Remove SSD if needed to stay within budget.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£181.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£29.74 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£50.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£53.94 @ Aria PC)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£42.97 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£275.94 @ Aria PC)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£46.79 @ Aria PC)
Total: £820.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-26 13:10 GMT+0000

OR if your friend wants to go with a mini-ITX build

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£29.74 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£89.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£42.97 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£269.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£47.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£46.79 @ Aria PC)
Total: £813.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-26 13:16 GMT+0000
Last edited by Rawr ; 02-26-2015 at 01:17 PM.
02-26-2015, 03:32 PM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Why Toke, why. I know you can do better than that.

SSD is optional. Remove SSD if needed to stay within budget.

Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£275.94 @ Aria PC)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £820.11
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-26 13:10 GMT+0000

OR if your friend wants to go with a mini-ITX build

Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£89.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£269.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£47.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £813.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-26 13:16 GMT+0000

Assuming it is a casual user theres no need to overclock. I went with a gold rated psu. Also gtx 970 is a nope either go 980 or 290x. How is a ssd optional? Once you go ssd its hard to not need one. Also my mini itx was 500pounds and a very solid performer. Also a mini itx with a large graphics card absolutely blows to build. The gtx 960 is pretty small and good preformance instead of overpaying for a itx version of a bigger card
02-26-2015, 10:11 PM #6
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Assuming it is a casual user theres no need to overclock. I went with a gold rated psu. Also gtx 970 is a nope either go 980 or 290x. How is a ssd optional? Once you go ssd its hard to not need one. Also my mini itx was 500pounds and a very solid performer. Also a mini itx with a large graphics card absolutely blows to build. The gtx 960 is pretty small and good preformance instead of overpaying for a itx version of a bigger card

The overclocking part is completely understandable.

I don't understand how the GTX 970 is a "nope". It's competes with the R9 290X, pretty much neck-to-neck, and the cost of a GTX 980 just isn't worth it right now.

I say SSD is optional because that's an item that can always be added later. If OP's friend has a strict £800 budget, then he can remove the SSD to stay within the budget.

I don't connect with you on the last sentence though. Being able to fit the power of a full-sized GTX 970 into a much smaller form factor; that has to be a good thing, am I right? It's also £5-10 cheaper than the full-sized version.
02-26-2015, 10:27 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
The overclocking part is completely understandable.

I don't understand how the GTX 970 is a "nope". It's competes with the R9 290X, pretty much neck-to-neck, and the cost of a GTX 980 just isn't worth it right now.

I say SSD is optional because that's an item that can always be added later. If OP's friend has a strict £800 budget, then he can remove the SSD to stay within the budget.

I don't connect with you on the last sentence though. Being able to fit the power of a full-sized GTX 970 into a much smaller form factor; that has to be a good thing, am I right? It's also £5-10 cheaper than the full-sized version.

Building in a mini itx case with a large graphics card sucks. And we don't know if OP has large gorilla hands or little kid hands.and for his use the 500 build will do all he wants. I5 small wifi built in good card for 1080p gaming and he aint spending 800 which leaves budget for games and other stuff. I prefer the 290x as it comes with free games. Doesnt have ram issues and such. Its just a good card to use
02-28-2015, 10:11 PM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I have a friend who wants to build a new gaming PC.

All help will get +rep.

>!?!?
>Profit.

All hail Lord Gaben.

Note to self :p
Come up with a build for this.
02-28-2015, 10:19 PM #9
Alt
Banned
Think he is happy with the first build Toke linked. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo