Post: Two Builds Two Problems One General F33Ling of Fuck-it
11-07-2015, 07:17 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i5 6500, GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5, 16 GB of DDR4 at something low in the 2000s MHz, and a z170 A asus motherboard with an EVGA modular PSU and I was using the h100i water cooler on this socket which was literally retarded because I wasnt making proper contact and was hitting 80 degrees celsius at times hahahaha Sal
I found a fix where if you toss in robber washers around 2 CM thick you can get great contact and it works (found it on a tomshardware thread), there just wasnt enough paste on at that point and I was still hitting 70 C temps, I lost one of the fasteners to my CPU cooler and after a literal hour of crawling on my hands and legs I lost my shit and went to bed

I woke up realizing I had enough parts to try a second build and wanted just try using an intel stock cooler for the first time ever and so I ended up building a second build this morning;
i5 3570, 16 GB of DDR3, GTX 780 and a p67 sabertooth motherboard...
so after a few hours I concluded it has an outdated BIOS and will never post with a 3000 series processor with out being flashed....

Also I found the 4th fastener to my H100i building that second build in an old shitty case I used for testing on as well so maybe Ill get decent temps, if not to the stock cooler I go until another AIO watercooler around christmas time

Anyways if anybody actually read this far Id like to ask what avoidable problems have you dealt with building computers?
11-07-2015, 07:49 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by F33L View Post
i5 6500, GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5, 16 GB of DDR4 at something low in the 2000s MHz, and a z170 A asus motherboard with an EVGA modular PSU and I was using the h100i water cooler on this socket which was literally retarded because I wasnt making proper contact and was hitting 80 degrees celsius at times hahahaha Sal
I found a fix where if you toss in robber washers around 2 CM thick you can get great contact and it works (found it on a tomshardware thread), there just wasnt enough paste on at that point and I was still hitting 70 C temps, I lost one of the fasteners to my CPU cooler and after a literal hour of crawling on my hands and legs I lost my shit and went to bed

I woke up realizing I had enough parts to try a second build and wanted just try using an intel stock cooler for the first time ever and so I ended up building a second build this morning;
i5 3570, 16 GB of DDR3, GTX 780 and a p67 sabertooth motherboard...
so after a few hours I concluded it has an outdated BIOS and will never post with a 3000 series processor with out being flashed....

Also I found the 4th fastener to my H100i building that second build in an old shitty case I used for testing on as well so maybe Ill get decent temps, if not to the stock cooler I go until another AIO watercooler around christmas time

Anyways if anybody actually read this far Id like to ask what avoidable problems have you dealt with building computers?

well the fucked up socket being the a fucked up motherboard is the motherboard bein shit aka a cheaper asus one. the bios being outdated is somthing i could have told u would have happened so if u wanna keep it look for a pentium off ebay or newegg and just update it since sabertooths are good and p67 is love and life
11-07-2015, 07:54 PM #3
Originally posted by Toke View Post
well the fucked up socket being the a fucked up motherboard is the motherboard bein shit aka a cheaper asus one. the bios being outdated is somthing i could have told u would have happened so if u wanna keep it look for a pentium off ebay or newegg and just update it since sabertooths are good and p67 is love and life

a pentium? lel what I am going to get a 2500 i5 probably which might as well be pentium haha, also it was corsair being cheap actually, it's their cooler mounting problem that could be solved with a proper washer lool
11-07-2015, 07:55 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
a pentium? lel what I am going to get a 2500 i5 probably which might as well be pentium haha, also it was corsair being cheap actually, it's their cooler mounting problem that could be solved with a proper washer lool

u get the pentium to update the bios and use the i5 you already have u dingus the pentium is like $20
11-07-2015, 07:56 PM #5
u get the pentium to update the bios and use the i5 you already have u dingus the pentium is like $20

u fockin wot mate you mean pentium is 1155? damn thanks bruh yea Ill do that instead
11-07-2015, 08:01 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
u fockin wot mate you mean pentium is 1155? damn thanks bruh yea Ill do that instead

theres 1150 pentiums u knob
11-07-2015, 08:07 PM #7
theres 1150 pentiums u knob

That problem is specific to the LGA 1155 i5 3570 though, I didnt say there weren't lool
11-07-2015, 08:08 PM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
That problem is specific to the LGA 1155 i5 3570 though, I didnt say there weren't lool

nigga its the mobo that needs an update not the cpu
11-07-2015, 08:09 PM #9
nigga its the mobo that needs an update not the cpu

yea but a $30 1155 pentium works just as fine, 1150 costs more
11-07-2015, 08:14 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
yea but a $30 1155 pentium works just as fine, 1150 costs more

ik tht

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.