Post: Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows Brings the Console Experience to PC
09-18-2014, 07:15 AM #1
vRoyale
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Microsoft releasing an Xbox One controller intended for use with PCs, but you can get the same experience right now.

You must login or register to view this content.

There is good news for all of the controller-loving PC gamers out there: Soon, you’ll have a new option for bringing the comfort and precision of a controller to your computer with the You must login or register to view this content.

The controller is basically the same one that already ships with the Xbox. In fact, because it comes with a battery pack in the box, you could use it wirelessly with the Xbone, in case you need a second controller. Heck, even the price is the same, at $60. The only difference? It includes a USB cable, allowing you to play on a Windows PC. Unfortunately, for now, at least, the controller can't be used wirelessly with a PC. Then again, the last-gen Xbox 360 controller started as wired-only, but later got a dongle, allowing you to use it wirelessly with Windows machines. So maybe Microsoft will follow a similar timetable here as well.

Microsoft released drivers enabling Xbox One controller support on Windows ( 7 or 8 ) earlier this year. That means if you already have a controller from owning an Xbox One (or simply buying a standalone controller), you can plug it into your computer and use it right now without waiting until November for this Windows-branded one.

The package is due out this November for $60. If you can't wait, though, you don't have to. Get an Xbox One pad; get a micro-USB cable. There, you're done.
09-18-2014, 07:18 AM #2
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
For the low low prices of x9.99 USD? X being something greater than 5.

I don't really see the point in this. MAYBE for games where you need to DRIVE or fly, but that'd be about it, and for that I have a cheapo 360 controller that works just fine for the most part. The sensitivity isn't where I want it. So if this becomes the case, I'll scrap it and go get an official wired 360 controller.

Edit: Precision? Says who?
Last edited by Cryptic ; 09-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.
09-18-2014, 11:47 AM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Cryptic
For the low low prices of x9.99 USD? X being something greater than 5.

I don't really see the point in this. MAYBE for games where you need to DRIVE or fly, but that'd be about it, and for that I have a cheapo 360 controller that works just fine for the most part. The sensitivity isn't where I want it. So if this becomes the case, I'll scrap it and go get an official wired 360 controller.

Edit: Precision? Says who?

8.1 and forward have support for xb1 controller that costs $40 and old wired 360 ones are half that price or less
09-19-2014, 12:30 AM #4
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Toke View Post
8.1 and forward have support for xb1 controller that costs $40 and old wired 360 ones are half that price or less

Win 7 has support for the X1 controller. My thing is that it's a fucking controller on PC. I get it, some games it's great to have, but this article makes it seem like it's absolutely the best thing to use.

I'd be down to use it for games like GTA or driving games, but that's where'd it stop.

As for getting one, I'd be down to replace the POS 360 one I have now, as it's not an official 360 one, it's a GameStop (GAME for you UK people) one.
09-30-2014, 03:10 PM #5
bo3wais
No Title ATM
I got the X1 controller because my 360 wired controller is a fucking **** and deserves to die. I use it for any game that's released on a console and isn't an online FPS. Much more comfortable to sit back in my big seat and play with a controller on Crysis or Dead Rising or any other game. Also Fifa is a must.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo