01-14-2015, 02:23 AM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Amid the new 2 month delay of GTA V for pc they released more information. And some of it i dont like.
1. 65gb...... holy fuck thats a pig bitch of a game. Add some mods and it could touch 80-100gb
2.Denuvo DRM. Yep sweet dreams potential pirates.
3. No 32bit support. So if u dont got at least 6gb of ram no gta for u
4. Since its so big load times will be long even for a ssd.
5. Its a year and a half after first realease. If they cared about pc it would have came out that year not all this time later.
6.they found dx10 files in xbox version... we all know what means
This delay is just more time for the consoles to make more money and more time for console suckers to buy those gtao money packs which make the overpricing apple does look not that bad
Last edited by Toke ; 01-14-2015 at 02:32 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

digitalgangster, Nick

The following user groaned Toke for this awful post:

Uncertain
01-14-2015, 10:19 AM #2
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Amid the new 2 month delay of GTA V for pc they released more information. And some of it i dont like.
1. 65gb...... holy fuck thats a pig bitch of a game. Add some mods and it could touch 80-100gb
5. Its a year and a half after first realease. If they cared about pc it would have came out that year not all this time later.
This delay is just more time for the consoles to make more money and more time for console suckers to buy those gtao money packs which make the overpricing apple does look not that bad

Lol, Link me your steam profile. Mr. I know everything about pc.
01-15-2015, 02:05 PM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Amid the new 2 month delay of GTA V for pc they released more information. And some of it i dont like.

Let's Break this down.

1. 4k Textures, that's probably where most of that file size is coming from. This isn't new and I don't understand why people are bitching about it. Titan Fall was 50GB for "uncompressed audio" that sounded no different then compressed sound.
2. Pretty sure that was already cracked with Dragon age. In either case I could careless, I don't pirate games.
3. Good 32bit needs to go. I can't think of any machine that you can buy even at a store at this point that comes with a pre-installed version of windows 32 bit. No reason to treat the PC like a console and only program for obsolete hardware / Operating systems.
4.Again I don't think you've played any games recently. I've played games with a massive file size on a mechanical drive and the load times were quick.
5. It's rockstar, this isn't new with them.
6. Yea it's a port, mind blowing right?

The following 3 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Ciri, Uncertain
01-15-2015, 03:23 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Let's Break this down.

1. 4k Textures, that's probably where most of that file size is coming from. This isn't new and I don't understand why people are bitching about it. Titan Fall was 50GB for "uncompressed audio" that sounded no different then compressed sound.
2. Pretty sure that was already cracked with Dragon age. In either case I could careless, I don't pirate games.
3. Good 32bit needs to go. I can't think of any machine that you can buy even at a store at this point that comes with a pre-installed version of windows 32 bit. No reason to treat the PC like a console and only program for obsolete hardware / Operating systems.
4.Again I don't think you've played any games recently. I've played games with a massive file size on a mechanical drive and the load times were quick.
5. It's rockstar, this isn't new with them.
6. Yea it's a port, mind blowing right?

Lots of rigs still on 32bit. Not all pc gamers have new hardware and alot of people still on laptops so it is out of date but isnt that part of the reason pc is still good? Use what u got and enjoy the expirence.
60gb is a large game and even so it shouldnt be that large
you idea of fast and mine arent. Some people think brand new 5000rpm laptops are fast others think ssd's are fast
The game should have been launched over a year ago if rockstar truely cared
01-15-2015, 03:26 PM #5
Drack
01-15-2015, 03:53 PM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
Lots of rigs still on 32bit. Not all pc gamers have new hardware and alot of people still on laptops so it is out of date but isnt that part of the reason pc is still good? Use what u got and enjoy the expirence.
60gb is a large game and even so it shouldnt be that large
you idea of fast and mine arent. Some people think brand new 5000rpm laptops are fast others think ssd's are fast
The game should have been launched over a year ago if rockstar truely cared

Well considering I have an SSD and mechanical I think I know the difference. Not every game is going to take advantage of it. 4K textures? Yea it probably will.

What is your reasoning that it shouldn't be that big?

I'd love to see some statistics here on the whole 32bit things because for starters this is going to be a steam game to begin with and according to steam:
You must login or register to view this content.
That pretty much says you are wrong.
01-15-2015, 03:58 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Well considering I have an SSD and mechanical I think I know the difference. Not every game is going to take advantage of it. 4K textures? Yea it probably will.

What is your reasoning that it shouldn't be that big?

I'd love to see some statistics here on the whole 32bit things because for starters this is going to be a steam game to begin with and according to steam:
You must login or register to view this content.
That pretty much says you are wrong.

3% is a large percentage of people considering the size of steam and what i meant is the gamers in eastern Europe who are still in development. It does seem small when the majoroty of gamers are from 1st world countries
01-15-2015, 04:00 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
3% is a large percentage of people considering the size of steam and what i meant is the gamers in eastern Europe who are still in development. It does seem small when the majoroty of gamers are from 1st world countries

No it's a small number. When the majority of the people have the hardware you are going to make a game that can take advantage of it. If that 3% can't play it then oh well that sucks. That's like bitching that it won't support DX9 because 100 people still use XP.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

01-15-2015, 04:11 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
No it's a small number. When the majority of the people have the hardware you are going to make a game that can take advantage of it. If that 3% can't play it then oh well that sucks. That's like bitching that it won't support DX9 because 100 people still use XP.

Is 32bit is bad this game is still on dx10 why not dx11 which is already fairly old. I mean when dx10 was current 32bit was the same as you and me building a pc today with 2x4 ddr3 1600mhz ram.
01-15-2015, 04:19 PM #10
Default Avatar
Oneup
Is 32bit is bad this game is still on dx10 why not dx11 which is already fairly old. I mean when dx10 was current 32bit was the same as you and me building a pc today with 2x4 ddr3 1600mhz ram.

Yea no when DX10 came out it was only on Vista and you did not run that as a 32bit OS because it performed horribly. Anyone who knew anything had the 64bit version of vista or jumped back to XP which didn't have DX10 so it didn't matter, not to mention only a handful of games required it and even then a few were patched to run on DX9. Halo 2 anyone? It didn't start becoming a thing till windows 7 came out and even then 64bit was pushed far more than 32bit.

I really don't understand your complaints here. They hold no merit what so ever.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Uncertain

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo