Post: Legions: Overdrive. The sucessor in spirit to Tribes
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM #1
iGir :D
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For many of you Slightly older gamers out there, when it comes to Multiplayer First person based combat, there was pretty much nothing what could touch the ultra fast paced awesomeness which was Tribes. Since then im sure many of you feel that most modern games lack the depth which tribes did, and yearn for a successor. I consider myself to be the biggest fan of the Starsiege universe, and Tribes was essentially based on the events after the Eathsiege/Stariege games.

For you slightly younger Gamers here are 3 Videos, watch them CAREFULLY, and your mind will Orgasm :P

Skill:

Speed:

Synergy (Teamwork)

Now that your memories have been refreshed (or your apatites have been wet for the first time) Lets get to it.

The IP has been transfered quite a bit to say the least, so heres a quick history lesson, feel free to skip this: Dynamix bought by Sierra > Sierra bought by Vivendi (IP Owned by Irrational) who shut down Dynamix > IA (previously called Garage Games, who were formed by former Dynamix Members) owned by IAC > merged with Activision > Then Sold to Hi-Rez. Its You must login or register to view this content. i know, for a more in depth History of Tribes head here: [url]https://news.bigdownl...tory-of-tribes/[/url]

You may have Spotted Hi-rez (the ones making Global Agenda) are also making Tribes Universe, an MMO of all things :dunno: we'll have to see how that goes. Also until recently there was Fallen Empire: Legions, a web based game by InstantAction which captured the same Freedom of movement tribes did. Now a team of dedicated community members has obtained the IP for that game and is making a standalone game which is NOT web browser based, named Legions Overdrive.

Fans of Tribes, Rejoice! the official website: You must login or register to view this content.
Sign up to the forums while your there too: You must login or register to view this content.

My name is AshleYy. And **** yes I approve this message. :dance:
Last edited by iGir :D ; 05-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo