GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Table of Contents

i - Edits by date
1.0 - The Beginning of a Legacy
1.1 - Pros and Cons of being a Rune Pure
2.0 - Needed + Recommended Quests
3.0 - So you're ready to train, huh?
3.1 - Money-Making tactics with low defence!
3.2 - Training Tactics and Camping spots
3.3 - Aw shootz i r gotz 46+ def :(
4.0 - Think you're Ready to do some Player Killing? Think again!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0 ~ The Beginning of a Legacy:
So you want to have a high-powered killing machine in the nice little game of RuneScape, eh? Do you have a lower defence pure with decent stats right now, but have finally decided that you are tired of getting two-spec'd in every player versus player mini-game? Well it seems as if making a rune pure is the perfect thing for you!

1.1 ~ Pros and Cons of the Rune Pure lifestyle:

Pros:
Rune Pures are one of the most versatile types of accounts in all of runescape that will be able to max out all of their offensive skills and still have low enough combat to enter the mid-level crater in Bounty Hunter. A maxed rune pure's combat level is 106.975 with 45 defence and 53 prayer, or 112.53 with 45 defence and 99 prayer (some people don't consider it maxed until it has 99 prayer as well), while the maximum combat level allowed to enter mid-level crater is 112.999.

The main point of any type of pure account is to knock-out your opponent very quickly, and that is no different for a rune pure. The only differences between a rune pure and a normal pure is that a rune pure has a decent amount of defence, rune armor, and up to a +126 Strength bonus. With this massive strength bonus, a rune pure is able to hit up to 44 with an abyssal whip, 42 with a dragon scimitar, and 39-39 with the dragon dagger special attack.

This sufficient amount of defense also makes it easier to do skills such as rune crafting through the abyss, training the slayer skill, and just doing normal training. It also allows you to wear all armors from bronze to rune and rock-shell.

Cons:
Like each type of pure, a rune pure also has many cons. Though 45 defence gives more protection than 1, 10, 20, or 30, it still is not much compared to the 112+ combat players in mid and high craters who have 70+ defence. You will still get spec'd out fairly easily, which is why you must know how to take hits and when the right time to eat is.

Not only do you have to worry about the high defence players, but with 70+ defense comes a new prayer; Piety. Piety is a prayer that was released with the quest "King's Ransom" alongside another prayer, chivalry. Chivalry requires 60 prayer, as well as 65 defense and the completion of "King's Ransom." It increases your defence by 20%, strength by 18%, and attack by 15%. The other prayer, Piety, requires 70 prayer and 70 defence, along with completion of "King's Ransom." It gives players an increase of 25% to defence, 23% to strength, and 20% to attack. Not only do these new prayers give an extra 20-25% to their already-higher defence, but they also raise the users' max hits to 49 with an abyssal whip, 45 with a dragon scimitar, and 43-43 with the dragon dagger special attack.

With high defence also comes more access to better armor such as Barrows armor, dragon armor and boots, granite, crystal shield, and the dragon-fire shield. Barrows armors are not only incredibly strong, but when worn as complete sets, have special abilities. For example, the Dharok set has the ability to hit higher when you are on low health. The max hit for someone wearing full dharoks with one hit-point and piety is 86, which is extremely high, seeing as the maximum hit-point level is 99, or 114 if you drink a saradomin brew. The Dragon-fire Shield is also very deadly. Not only does it give the user +75 in all defense statistics, but it also gives a +7 strength bonus and has a special attack which can hit up to 30 damage!

2.0 ~ Defence/Prayer-giving quests:
Here is a list of quests which you should do before even thinking about training your defence! These will give you the correct amount of experience to complete Recipe for Disaster at 45 defence, thus being a perfect rune pure.

The Fremennik Trials
Reward: 2,813 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Fremennik helmets (Berserker, Archer, Farseer, etc…)

Dragon Slayer
Reward: 18,650 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Rune Platebody and green dragon-hide body

Monkey Madness
Reward: 20,000 Defence Exp (Choose the option that does NOT focus on defence), Ability to wield the Dragon Scimitar, Require for part of Recipe for Disaster.

Nature Spirit
Reward: 2,000 Defence Exp, a required sub-quest for Recipe for Disaster

Holy Grail
Reward: 15,300 Defence Exp

In Search of the Myreque
Reward: 600 Defence Exp, Shortcut to Barrows (a decent money-maker)

Heroes Quest
Reward: 3,075 Defence Exp, Ability to access Heroes Guild, Ability to wield Dragon Battle Axe and Dragon Mace

This is a list of quests that are optional (for the most part) that give prayer experience. Doing these quests will also give you the ability to both wield the Barrelchest Anchor, and fish Monkfish, if you have the required fishing level.

Holy Grail
Reward: 11,000 Prayer Exp

Swans Song
Reward: 10,000 Prayer Exp, Ability to fish Monkfish

Making History
Reward: 1,000 Prayer Exp

Mountain Daughter
Reward: 2,000 Prayer Exp, Bear Mask

Recruitment drive
Reward: 1,000 Prayer Exp, Ability to wear Initiate Armor

Restless Ghost
Reward: 1,125 Prayer Exp

Priest in Peril
Reward: 1,400 Prayer Exp, Ability to access the Kingdom of Mortania

Ghosts Ahoy
Reward: 2,400 Prayer Exp, Ectophial, Ability to access Port Phasmytus free of charge

Rag and bone man
Reward: 5,500 Prayer Exp

Rum Deal
Reward: 7,000 Prayer Exp

Spirits Of The Elid
Reward: 8,000 Prayer Exp

The Great Brain Robbery
Reward: 6.000 Prayer Exp, Ability to wield the Barrelchest Anchor

After completing the above quests, you should have roughly 45 defence and 44-53 prayer. If you do not have one or either of those, try to find quests that will put you at those levels. I DO NOT recommend training your defence or prayer, as it could potentially ruin your perfect rune pure.

Please keep in mind that the perfect rune pure DOES in fact have 53 or 99 prayer! Having 52 prayer and maxed Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Range, and Mage at 45 defence puts your combat level at 106.85. But look! It seems that you can still get an extra prayer level without upping your combat level! Getting 53 prayer with maxed rune pure stats seals your combat at 106.975, also known as a maxed 106! (Thanks to C A H O U for telling me that I fail at making runepures and convincing me to explain my reasoning here!)

The next thing that you need is 175 quest points to finish off Recipe for Disaster. Be sure to look through a guide to RFD while getting your quest points out of the way, as you do not want to forget any of the pre-quests. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE LEGENDS QUEST! YOU ONLY NEED TO MAP OUT THE JUNGLE! Try to pick quests which will give you good and useful rewards, such as "Slug Menace" for Proselyte Armor and "Lunar Diplomacy" for the lunar spell-book.

"Desert Treasure" is also a required quest to complete Recipe for Disaster, and it gives you access to the Ancient Spell-book.

Here is a great example of roughly what your quest list should look like:
(Thanks to X-Mahara-X for getting this to me Smile)

3.0 ~ So you're ready to start training, eh?:

You think you're ready to start training your new rune pure? Well first answer a couple questions.

1. Have you completed Recipe for Disaster?
Barrows gloves give a +12 strength bonus, which makes a HUGE difference when training. Though these are not required for training, I HIGHLY suggest getting them before you begin.

2. Have you completed the Fight Caves and received a Fire Cape?
The fire cape gives a +4 strength bonus, as well as a +2 prayer bonus, and is received after defeated Tz-Tok Jad at the end of the Fight Caves. Again, this is not required, but is HIGHLY suggested before training. A great alternative to the fire cape is a trimmed skill cape, but many of you will not have this when begining your journey as a rune pure.

3. Do you have a Fighter Torso?
The Fighter Torso has the same statistics as a rune platebody, but with +4 strength bonus, and -40 mage defence, rather than the -30 of a rune platebody. You can get one from Barbarian Assault after having 375 points in each role of the game. You can either organize your own BA team, or go to the world that JaGeX designated for it. The Fighter Helmet can also be earned the same way, and has the same stats as a warrior helmet, only +4 more slash attack.

4. Have you decided what area of the combat triangle you want to focus on first?
This is one of the hardest decisions to make when training a rune pure. Personally, I picked range to train first. It was the first 99 stat that I got on my rune pure, and I am very happy that I went with it. Not only is range a very powerful skill, but it also gives amazing amounts of hit-points experience, which to me, is definitely needed. Magic should not be the last combat skill that you train, but I also would not recommend it as being your first. Magic is not a very good skill when used on its own for player versus player mini-games, but when used in combination with either melee or range, it can be deadly. With spells such as vengence and ice barrage, you can knock-out your enemy fairly easily.

3.1 ~ Money-Making Tactics with 45 Defence!:

With 45 defence, many tactics of money-making open up to you which aren't easily available to one defence players. Some of these include Dragon slaying, training your Slayer skill, and Runecrafting through the abyss. While some of these are definitely faster than others, you may eventually get bored of them. For this reason, I suggest giving all of your money-making methods equal use. If you don't understand why some of these things are considered money-making methods, here are some explanations.
Runecrafting: I consider this one of the most boring skills to train, mainly because it is so repetitive with very little experience. To effectively make money with rune crafting, you should first go into the abyss and collect all four pouches. These give you extra spaces to carry more rune/pure essence. From slug menace, you should have at least 35 rune crafting already, so I would suggest using the ZMI alter all the way to 44 rune crafting. After you reach 44, you can start using the abyss to run nature runes. These are very good money and can also be used to high-alch items into gold and for magic experience. At 91 runecrafting, you will start making 2 nature runes for every single pure essence you have. This is where the money really starts coming in.

Slayer: Some people do not think that slayer is a good money making skill, but they are completely wrong. Not only is slayer one of the best ways to train your account's combat stats, but it also provides you with access to monsters which drop rare items such as clue scrolls, white and black mystic parts, dragon boots, abyssal whips, and dark bows. Along with all of the runes and herb seeds that the monsters drop, slayer is easily one of the most profitable skills in the game.

Dragon Slaying: Just like slayer, dragon slaying is a combat oriented money-maker. Selling the hides and bones from one dragon will easily get you four thousand gold or more, depending on which type of dragon you are slaying. The dragons also drop things like half keys and clue scrolls, which can really add up. If you decide to slay black dragons, you even have a chance at getting a draconic visage!

Hunter: This skill is very popular and fast to train. Under level 63, you don't really make much money, but once you can catch Carnivorous (Red) Chinchompa's, the money starts piling in! Either you can sell the chinchompa's that you catch, or you can use them for some fast range and hit-points experience!

These are just a few of the money-making skills that you can use if you need to buy some supplies for training your account or for player killing supplies.

3.2 ~ Training Strategies and Camping Spots:

Being a rune pure, you still have some restrictions as to where you can train effectively, though you do have many more options than a one defence pure. While there is always the option of using prayer pots at bandits and other places to get some fast experience, I'd like to show you all some places where you can train while MAKING money, instead of losing it. Here are a few ways to train each of your skills while either making money, or without losing very much.

Mage:

For mage training, you have a few cheap/money-making strategies. Keep in mind, for training mage, you must have a decent amount of money to buy runes, or you can make your own using the rune crafting skill. As I said earlier, I suggest this skill to be trained slowly and only if you have enough money to waste.

The first method is the one that both loses the most money, and does not give any hit-points experience. This is the most common method, but also ends up getting the most people banned. Just because this method does not require any movement does not mean that you should auto-click it. DO NOT AUTO as you 100% of the time WILL GET CAUGHT! High alchemy gives 65 experience per cast, and takes around three seconds per cast. If you don't feel like having to deal with those annoying random events, there are a few places which do not have random events, and are ideal to alch at. The places that I know of are the Burthrope Games room and inside the landers on the Void Knight Island. Below, you can see these areas:

The random-free areas are not exactly where i am standing, just giving a rough location.

Another good method that can easily make mass amounts of money is either casting slayer dart (50 mage and 55 slayer required) or fire bolt (with chaos gauntlets from "Family Crest") on iron and steel dragons. These dragons have a lot of good drops such as Dragon Med Helms, Dragon Plateskirts, Dragon Platelegs, and Draconic Visages! Sometimes you may have a very long streak of having no good drops, but have no fear, you will eventually get what you want Smile.

The final method is not very advised unless you have a lot of money to waste. This method is constantly splashing the "Stun" spell on any monster. All that is required is a set of full rune, a Mud Battle Staff or Mystic Mud Staff, and a lot of soul runes. This method is nearly two times the speed of alching, and 80 experience per cast. Soul runes are quite expensive, and it is not possible to craft soul runes as of right now, so I would only suggest this if you have A LOT of money to waste.

Range:

Many methods that are used for mage training can also be used for range, but are both less expensive and faster. Many people consider range a very boring skill to train, which is true, but it is deffinately worth training. Not only does range give you an immense amount of hitpoints experience, but it is also an extremely strong method of fighting other players. Maxing 66's with dragon (e) bolts and 49-49 special attacks with the dark bow and dragon arrows, this is a skill that you don't want to neglect.

One of the most popular range training places at the moment is inside the God Wars Dungeon. Around armadyl's camp, you can find various leveled monsters called Aviansies. Not only are these monsters incredible range experience, but they also have a fairly common drop of four noted adamant bars, which auto-sell in the grand exchange for over two thousand gold each! There are two ways that you can camp at the Aviansies successfully as a rune pure. The first method gives you little profit. For this, you would have a full inventory of prayer potions, and would constantly use the "Protect from Range" prayer. The second method would require you to make or purchase 100+ Bones to Peaches tabs, which will provide you with unlimited food and let you camp nearly forever! Peaches heal 8hp each, and if you need to get more bones so you don't die, there are some low leveled goblins very close by that you can kill. Normally, a trip at the Aviansies will provide you with an amount of adamant bars either close to or above your kill count. This is an extremely good way to train and make money at the same time, since they also drop many rune dagger (p+), which have a decent alchemy value. This is the set-up which i suggest, or something similar:

Another method that can be profitable is by ranging iron and steel dragons. This gives you a chance to receive the extremely rare Draconic Visage, which sells for 20 million or more gold, or can be mounted on an Anti Dragon-fire shield by someone with 90+ smithing and be turned into a Dragon-Fire shield, which is a highly desirable item!

Melee:

Melee is probably the most common combat style for a rune pure to train, as it is by far the cheapest. You can train melee almost anywhere on almost anything, but it is much faster and more profitable if you can find a good place to camp.

One of the most profitable ways to train your melee is through slayer. Not only will this make you a large amount of money, but it is also one of the fastest ways to gain combat experience in the game! Most slayer monsters are easy enough to melee on one or two inventories of food, but if you know that you will have to make a lot of trips to get more food, I highly suggest that you bring bones to peaches tabs. The peaches heal 8 hitpoints each, so they are defiantly worth it.

The fastest melee experience in the game for a rune pure is praying melee inside the bar at the bandit camp. If you do not want to waste your money on the prayer potions for that, it is also possible to wear full rune inside one of the other houses in the town. Be sure that you are wearing a saradomin or zamorak item at all times, or the bandits will stop being aggressive towards you. This is another place where I would highly suggest bringing some bones to peaches tabs, along with some combat potions and super defense potions. This will greatly speed up your experience.
Prayer Gear:

Bones to Peaches Gear:

Green dragons are also a good source for melee training, as well as money. You can quickly and easily bank at bounty hunter when your inventory is full of bones and hides, then run back and repeat. The only risk doing this is the revenant ghosts walking around the dragons which will tele-block you and attack you with all three points of the combat triangle.
3.3 ~ Aw shootz i gotz 46+ def :(

You've worked long and hard on your near-perfect 45 defence rune pure. Then the unthinkable happens: through a quest, or through an accidental attack style change, you managed to get 46 defence. You're ruined....or are you? Just because you've got 46 defence does not mean you are ruined and have to get higher. Many rune pures have been successful despite having 46 defence. All it does is make your combat 107 when you max out. In fact, you can get up to 49 defence without reaching 108 combat, and even then, you have room for more mistakes. So in case you ever accidentally get 46 defence, leave it where it is, it shouldn't do you any harm.

4.0 ~ Think you're ready to do some Player Killing? Think Again!:

If you think that you are now ready to turn Bounty Hunter into a slaughter house, you may want to think that over again. I know that you may be thinking to yourself, "I'm a professional at Pking! I used to tear it up at edgeville! Nobody can beat me! I'm invincible!" Well those of you thinking that need to take a few looks back at the recent PvP updates that JaGeX Ltd. has recently put into effect.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM #2
Use the multi page feature, trust me it makes people stick around longer to see your thread.
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM #3
Winning
Former Staff
Try not to copy the whole thing next time.
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM #4
This is why we need a RS Subforum.
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM #5
dany1234
Pokemon Trainer
cool story bro
05-04-2011, 09:16 PM #6
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Originally posted by GoonerSam View Post
Table of Contents

i - Edits by date

So you want to have a high-powered killing machine in the nice little game of RuneScape, eh? Do you have a lower defence pure with decent stats right now, but have finally decided that you are tired of getting two-spec'd in every player versus player mini-game? Well it seems as if making a rune pure is the perfect thing for you!

Pros:
Rune Pures are one of the most versatile types of accounts in all of runescape that will be able to max out all of their offensive skills and still have low enough combat to enter the mid-level crater in Bounty Hunter. A maxed rune pure's combat level is 106.975 with 45 defence and 53 prayer, or 112.53 with 45 defence and 99 prayer (some people don't consider it maxed until it has 99 prayer as well), while the maximum combat level allowed to enter mid-level crater is 112.999.

The main point of any type of pure account is to knock-out your opponent very quickly, and that is no different for a rune pure. The only differences between a rune pure and a normal pure is that a rune pure has a decent amount of defence, rune armor, and up to a +126 Strength bonus. With this massive strength bonus, a rune pure is able to hit up to 44 with an abyssal whip, 42 with a dragon scimitar, and 39-39 with the dragon dagger special attack.

This sufficient amount of defense also makes it easier to do skills such as rune crafting through the abyss, training the slayer skill, and just doing normal training. It also allows you to wear all armors from bronze to rune and rock-shell.

Cons:
Like each type of pure, a rune pure also has many cons. Though 45 defence gives more protection than 1, 10, 20, or 30, it still is not much compared to the 112+ combat players in mid and high craters who have 70+ defence. You will still get spec'd out fairly easily, which is why you must know how to take hits and when the right time to eat is.

Not only do you have to worry about the high defence players, but with 70+ defense comes a new prayer; Piety. Piety is a prayer that was released with the quest "King's Ransom" alongside another prayer, chivalry. Chivalry requires 60 prayer, as well as 65 defense and the completion of "King's Ransom." It increases your defence by 20%, strength by 18%, and attack by 15%. The other prayer, Piety, requires 70 prayer and 70 defence, along with completion of "King's Ransom." It gives players an increase of 25% to defence, 23% to strength, and 20% to attack. Not only do these new prayers give an extra 20-25% to their already-higher defence, but they also raise the users' max hits to 49 with an abyssal whip, 45 with a dragon scimitar, and 43-43 with the dragon dagger special attack.

With high defence also comes more access to better armor such as Barrows armor, dragon armor and boots, granite, crystal shield, and the dragon-fire shield. Barrows armors are not only incredibly strong, but when worn as complete sets, have special abilities. For example, the Dharok set has the ability to hit higher when you are on low health. The max hit for someone wearing full dharoks with one hit-point and piety is 86, which is extremely high, seeing as the maximum hit-point level is 99, or 114 if you drink a saradomin brew. The Dragon-fire Shield is also very deadly. Not only does it give the user +75 in all defense statistics, but it also gives a +7 strength bonus and has a special attack which can hit up to 30 damage!

Here is a list of quests which you should do before even thinking about training your defence! These will give you the correct amount of experience to complete Recipe for Disaster at 45 defence, thus being a perfect rune pure.

The Fremennik Trials
Reward: 2,813 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Fremennik helmets (Berserker, Archer, Farseer, etc…Winky Winky

Dragon Slayer
Reward: 18,650 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Rune Platebody and green dragon-hide body

Monkey Madness
Reward: 20,000 Defence Exp (Choose the option that does NOT focus on defence), Ability to wield the Dragon Scimitar, Require for part of Recipe for Disaster.

Nature Spirit

Holy Grail

In Search of the Myreque

Heroes Quest
Reward: 3,075 Defence Exp, Ability to access Heroes Guild, Ability to wield Dragon Battle Axe and Dragon Mace

This is a list of quests that are optional (for the most part) that give prayer experience. Doing these quests will also give you the ability to both wield the Barrelchest Anchor, and fish Monkfish, if you have the required fishing level.

Holy Grail

Swans Song

Making History

Mountain Daughter

Recruitment drive

Restless Ghost

Priest in Peril

Ghosts Ahoy
Reward: 2,400 Prayer Exp, Ectophial, Ability to access Port Phasmytus free of charge

Rag and bone man

Rum Deal

Spirits Of The Elid

The Great Brain Robbery

After completing the above quests, you should have roughly 45 defence and 44-53 prayer. If you do not have one or either of those, try to find quests that will put you at those levels. I DO NOT recommend training your defence or prayer, as it could potentially ruin your perfect rune pure.

Please keep in mind that the perfect rune pure DOES in fact have 53 or 99 prayer! Having 52 prayer and maxed Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Range, and Mage at 45 defence puts your combat level at 106.85. But look! It seems that you can still get an extra prayer level without upping your combat level! Getting 53 prayer with maxed rune pure stats seals your combat at 106.975, also known as a maxed 106! (Thanks to C A H O U for telling me that I fail at making runepures and convincing me to explain my reasoning here!)

The next thing that you need is 175 quest points to finish off Recipe for Disaster. Be sure to look through a guide to RFD while getting your quest points out of the way, as you do not want to forget any of the pre-quests. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE LEGENDS QUEST! YOU ONLY NEED TO MAP OUT THE JUNGLE! Try to pick quests which will give you good and useful rewards, such as "Slug Menace" for Proselyte Armor and "Lunar Diplomacy" for the lunar spell-book.

"Desert Treasure" is also a required quest to complete Recipe for Disaster, and it gives you access to the Ancient Spell-book.

You think you're ready to start training your new rune pure? Well first answer a couple questions.

Barrows gloves give a +12 strength bonus, which makes a HUGE difference when training. Though these are not required for training, I HIGHLY suggest getting them before you begin.

The fire cape gives a +4 strength bonus, as well as a +2 prayer bonus, and is received after defeated Tz-Tok Jad at the end of the Fight Caves. Again, this is not required, but is HIGHLY suggested before training. A great alternative to the fire cape is a trimmed skill cape, but many of you will not have this when begining your journey as a rune pure.

The Fighter Torso has the same statistics as a rune platebody, but with +4 strength bonus, and -40 mage defence, rather than the -30 of a rune platebody. You can get one from Barbarian Assault after having 375 points in each role of the game. You can either organize your own BA team, or go to the world that JaGeX designated for it. The Fighter Helmet can also be earned the same way, and has the same stats as a warrior helmet, only +4 more slash attack.

4. Have you decided what area of the combat triangle you want to focus on first?
This is one of the hardest decisions to make when training a rune pure. Personally, I picked range to train first. It was the first 99 stat that I got on my rune pure, and I am very happy that I went with it. Not only is range a very powerful skill, but it also gives amazing amounts of hit-points experience, which to me, is definitely needed. Magic should not be the last combat skill that you train, but I also would not recommend it as being your first. Magic is not a very good skill when used on its own for player versus player mini-games, but when used in combination with either melee or range, it can be deadly. With spells such as vengence and ice barrage, you can knock-out your enemy fairly easily.

With 45 defence, many tactics of money-making open up to you which aren't easily available to one defence players. Some of these include Dragon slaying, training your Slayer skill, and Runecrafting through the abyss. While some of these are definitely faster than others, you may eventually get bored of them. For this reason, I suggest giving all of your money-making methods equal use. If you don't understand why some of these things are considered money-making methods, here are some explanations.
Runecrafting: I consider this one of the most boring skills to train, mainly because it is so repetitive with very little experience. To effectively make money with rune crafting, you should first go into the abyss and collect all four pouches. These give you extra spaces to carry more rune/pure essence. From slug menace, you should have at least 35 rune crafting already, so I would suggest using the ZMI alter all the way to 44 rune crafting. After you reach 44, you can start using the abyss to run nature runes. These are very good money and can also be used to high-alch items into gold and for magic experience. At 91 runecrafting, you will start making 2 nature runes for every single pure essence you have. This is where the money really starts coming in.

Slayer: Some people do not think that slayer is a good money making skill, but they are completely wrong. Not only is slayer one of the best ways to train your account's combat stats, but it also provides you with access to monsters which drop rare items such as clue scrolls, white and black mystic parts, dragon boots, abyssal whips, and dark bows. Along with all of the runes and herb seeds that the monsters drop, slayer is easily one of the most profitable skills in the game.

Dragon Slaying: Just like slayer, dragon slaying is a combat oriented money-maker. Selling the hides and bones from one dragon will easily get you four thousand gold or more, depending on which type of dragon you are slaying. The dragons also drop things like half keys and clue scrolls, which can really add up. If you decide to slay black dragons, you even have a chance at getting a draconic visage!

Hunter: This skill is very popular and fast to train. Under level 63, you don't really make much money, but once you can catch Carnivorous (Red) Chinchompa's, the money starts piling in! Either you can sell the chinchompa's that you catch, or you can use them for some fast range and hit-points experience!

These are just a few of the money-making skills that you can use if you need to buy some supplies for training your account or for player killing supplies.

Being a rune pure, you still have some restrictions as to where you can train effectively, though you do have many more options than a one defence pure. While there is always the option of using prayer pots at bandits and other places to get some fast experience, I'd like to show you all some places where you can train while MAKING money, instead of losing it. Here are a few ways to train each of your skills while either making money, or without losing very much.

Mage:

For mage training, you have a few cheap/money-making strategies. Keep in mind, for training mage, you must have a decent amount of money to buy runes, or you can make your own using the rune crafting skill. As I said earlier, I suggest this skill to be trained slowly and only if you have enough money to waste.

The first method is the one that both loses the most money, and does not give any hit-points experience. This is the most common method, but also ends up getting the most people banned. Just because this method does not require any movement does not mean that you should auto-click it. DO NOT AUTO as you 100% of the time WILL GET CAUGHT! High alchemy gives 65 experience per cast, and takes around three seconds per cast. If you don't feel like having to deal with those annoying random events, there are a few places which do not have random events, and are ideal to alch at. The places that I know of are the Burthrope Games room and inside the landers on the Void Knight Island. Below, you can see these areas:

The random-free areas are not exactly where i am standing, just giving a rough location.

Another good method that can easily make mass amounts of money is either casting slayer dart (50 mage and 55 slayer required) or fire bolt (with chaos gauntlets from "Family Crest") on iron and steel dragons. These dragons have a lot of good drops such as Dragon Med Helms, Dragon Plateskirts, Dragon Platelegs, and Draconic Visages! Sometimes you may have a very long streak of having no good drops, but have no fear, you will eventually get what you want Smile.

The final method is not very advised unless you have a lot of money to waste. This method is constantly splashing the "Stun" spell on any monster. All that is required is a set of full rune, a Mud Battle Staff or Mystic Mud Staff, and a lot of soul runes. This method is nearly two times the speed of alching, and 80 experience per cast. Soul runes are quite expensive, and it is not possible to craft soul runes as of right now, so I would only suggest this if you have A LOT of money to waste.

Range:

Many methods that are used for mage training can also be used for range, but are both less expensive and faster. Many people consider range a very boring skill to train, which is true, but it is deffinately worth training. Not only does range give you an immense amount of hitpoints experience, but it is also an extremely strong method of fighting other players. Maxing 66's with dragon (e) bolts and 49-49 special attacks with the dark bow and dragon arrows, this is a skill that you don't want to neglect.

One of the most popular range training places at the moment is inside the God Wars Dungeon. Around armadyl's camp, you can find various leveled monsters called Aviansies. Not only are these monsters incredible range experience, but they also have a fairly common drop of four noted adamant bars, which auto-sell in the grand exchange for over two thousand gold each! There are two ways that you can camp at the Aviansies successfully as a rune pure. The first method gives you little profit. For this, you would have a full inventory of prayer potions, and would constantly use the "Protect from Range" prayer. The second method would require you to make or purchase 100+ Bones to Peaches tabs, which will provide you with unlimited food and let you camp nearly forever! Peaches heal 8hp each, and if you need to get more bones so you don't die, there are some low leveled goblins very close by that you can kill. Normally, a trip at the Aviansies will provide you with an amount of adamant bars either close to or above your kill count. This is an extremely good way to train and make money at the same time, since they also drop many rune dagger (p+), which have a decent alchemy value. This is the set-up which i suggest, or something similar:

Another method that can be profitable is by ranging iron and steel dragons. This gives you a chance to receive the extremely rare Draconic Visage, which sells for 20 million or more gold, or can be mounted on an Anti Dragon-fire shield by someone with 90+ smithing and be turned into a Dragon-Fire shield, which is a highly desirable item!

Melee:

Melee is probably the most common combat style for a rune pure to train, as it is by far the cheapest. You can train melee almost anywhere on almost anything, but it is much faster and more profitable if you can find a good place to camp.

One of the most profitable ways to train your melee is through slayer. Not only will this make you a large amount of money, but it is also one of the fastest ways to gain combat experience in the game! Most slayer monsters are easy enough to melee on one or two inventories of food, but if you know that you will have to make a lot of trips to get more food, I highly suggest that you bring bones to peaches tabs. The peaches heal 8 hitpoints each, so they are defiantly worth it.

The fastest melee experience in the game for a rune pure is praying melee inside the bar at the bandit camp. If you do not want to waste your money on the prayer potions for that, it is also possible to wear full rune inside one of the other houses in the town. Be sure that you are wearing a saradomin or zamorak item at all times, or the bandits will stop being aggressive towards you. This is another place where I would highly suggest bringing some bones to peaches tabs, along with some combat potions and super defense potions. This will greatly speed up your experience.
Prayer Gear:

Bones to Peaches Gear:

Green dragons are also a good source for melee training, as well as money. You can quickly and easily bank at bounty hunter when your inventory is full of bones and hides, then run back and repeat. The only risk doing this is the revenant ghosts walking around the dragons which will tele-block you and attack you with all three points of the combat triangle.

You've worked long and hard on your near-perfect 45 defence rune pure. Then the unthinkable happens: through a quest, or through an accidental attack style change, you managed to get 46 defence. You're ruined....or are you? Just because you've got 46 defence does not mean you are ruined and have to get higher. Many rune pures have been successful despite having 46 defence. All it does is make your combat 107 when you max out. In fact, you can get up to 49 defence without reaching 108 combat, and even then, you have room for more mistakes. So in case you ever accidentally get 46 defence, leave it where it is, it shouldn't do you any harm.

If you think that you are now ready to turn Bounty Hunter into a slaughter house, you may want to think that over again. I know that you may be thinking to yourself, "I'm a professional at Pking! I used to tear it up at edgeville! Nobody can beat me! I'm invincible!" Well those of you thinking that need to take a few looks back at the recent PvP updates that JaGeX Ltd. has recently put into effect.

Copy and PASTE!!

OMFG!!!
05-05-2011, 04:49 PM #7
GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by ZoneHD View Post
Copy and PASTE!!

OMFG!!!

Thats why I added source /facepalm

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
Use the multi page feature, trust me it makes people stick around longer to see your thread.

...I would.. but i'm a newb.
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM #8
King Jamiɘ
Super Premium
Table of Contents

i - Edits by date

Pros:

Cons:

The Fremennik Trials
Reward: 2,813 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Fremennik helmets (Berserker, Archer, Farseer, etc…Winky Winky

Dragon Slayer

Monkey Madness

Nature Spirit

Holy Grail

In Search of the Myreque

Heroes Quest

Holy Grail

Swans Song

Making History

Mountain Daughter

Recruitment drive

Restless Ghost

Priest in Peril

Ghosts Ahoy

Rag and bone man

Rum Deal

Spirits Of The Elid

The Great Brain Robbery

Mage:

Range:

Melee:

Prayer Gear:

Bones to Peaches Gear:

Thanks for the copy and paste of a guide that was first posted in 2008...
I had a "rune pure", it got banned..
Above 1 defense isn't a pure
I now have a better pure that has better everything
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM #9
King Jamiɘ
Super Premium
Table of Contents

i - Edits by date

Pros:

Cons:

The Fremennik Trials
Reward: 2,813 Defence Exp, Ability to wear Fremennik helmets (Berserker, Archer, Farseer, etc…)

Dragon Slayer

Monkey Madness

Nature Spirit

Holy Grail

In Search of the Myreque

Heroes Quest

Holy Grail

Swans Song

Making History

Mountain Daughter

Recruitment drive

Restless Ghost

Priest in Peril

Ghosts Ahoy

Rag and bone man

Rum Deal

Spirits Of The Elid

The Great Brain Robbery

Mage:

Range:

Melee:

Prayer Gear:

Bones to Peaches Gear:

Thanks for the copy and paste of a guide that was first posted in 2008...
I had a "rune pure", it got banned..
Above 1 defense isn't a pure
I now have a better pure that has better everything

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo