Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
04-15-2014, 12:17 AM #11
Werewolf
Bounty hunter
Werewolf's approval. :yes:
04-15-2014, 12:31 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Andrew13579 View Post
is this even relevant? Not everyone cares about prices. I like console gaming more, im a PC gamer also i just prefer to play on a console, its alot easier sitting on my couch in front of my TV with a ps4 controller in hand than sitting at lets say a desk or table on a desk chair holding a mouse and using the keyboard. Not to mention i wont have to go and upgrade my PS4 tomorrow when a whole new set of hardware comes out for PC gamers. Don't get me wrong i do appreciate the better graphics and flexibility of PC gaming but at the same time i prefer the comfort and simplicity of console gaming meaning i don't generally have to worry about my games crashing because my computer cant handle it or having to sit there and deal with some companies anti-piracy non-sense, OR even some online games frustrating connection issues (Not saying every PC game is plagued by these issues just general examples). Its just easier to go buy a PS4 and sit comfortably in front of your tv and play a game with friends in all of 20 seconds of turning on your console. Also i wouldn't really say a better selection of games on PC the PS4 and xbone have been out since what November or something? so none of us really know what type of games they're going to have in the years to come everything you've mentioned is so biased because you PROBABLY only play PC and nothing else, so obviously you're going to have a hard-on for PC just like console gamers have a hard-on for consoles but the really childish thing is that PC gamers are starting to willingly enter the so called "console wars" acting like their shit don't stink, AND there are plenty of hardcore gamers on consoles they have tournaments with million dollar prizes among other thing's. I'f you're going to sit here and tell me how much better PC gaming is AT LEAST get the other side of the story. Because you obviously know nothing about console gaming. But the PC gaming community thinks they're the best ever because they have this and that so i know I'm just going to get bitched at for this post. Just another reason console gaming is better in my opinion.

Critted with a wall of text.

But yes this is relevant because that's the first thing console kiddies bitch about. They say well I don't have $9999999 to spend on pc gaming.

Everything you just said is basically what the average console kiddy says. Hook your pc up to your TV. It functions the same. Wireless keyboards and mice exist. Controllers exist. You have no argument there.

You do have to worry about games crashing. Skyrim on the PS3 anyone? Yea and that didn't get fixed for a long time.

I don't think you understand much about what you are ranting about. Most of the PC gamers on here grew up on consoles and still play on consoles. They just know what's better.

Also if you are upgrading everytime some new hardware comes out you are doing something wrong. Something very very wrong.

The following 2 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Toke, ResistTheMoon
04-15-2014, 12:48 AM #13
04-15-2014, 01:06 AM #14
Toke
PC Master Race
if im not mistaken im 99% sure Assassins creed black flag And Call of Duty Ghost both run 1080p/60fps on ps4

Upon release neither were full 1080p as linustechtips said ac was 900p and ghosts ran single player at 720p but I believe a patch corrected that
04-15-2014, 01:07 AM #15
Andrew13579
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Upon release neither were full 1080p as linustechtips said ac was 900p and ghosts ran single player at 720p but I believe a patch corrected that

Regardless they run at full 1080p now
04-15-2014, 01:10 AM #16
Toke
PC Master Race

But how are the textures and detail? Because let's be honest they both run a and a10 apu with graphics card ram and those apus only are so fast before overheat and there physical speed limits are reached
04-15-2014, 01:58 AM #17
Eon
Little One
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

Nice graphic. You may have convinced me You must login or register to view this content.
04-15-2014, 02:30 AM #18
Dan
I'm a god.
+1 for the PC Master Race. Enzo
04-15-2014, 02:39 AM #19
Default Avatar
Oneup

Enjoy your jaggies.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.