Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
05-02-2015, 09:03 AM #182
I've ordered the first few parts for my PC build.

Should have it all ready and set up to play games the way they were meant to be played by July.

The following user thanked David iZ Mental for this useful post:

Toke
05-28-2015, 12:53 PM #183
i :)
Banned
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one which isnt as recomended feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

Link me to a completed build with keyboard, mouse etc... That can run almost all games at 60fps at high detail with less than $500. Good luck!
05-28-2015, 04:52 PM #184
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by i
Link me to a completed build with keyboard, mouse etc... That can run almost all games at 60fps at high detail with less than $500. Good luck!

You must login or register to view this content. Needa pcpartpicker has most gfx cards disabled and i still beat your challange Needa
05-28-2015, 07:01 PM #185
Banned
You must login or register to view this content. Needa pcpartpicker has most gfx cards disabled and i still beat your challange Needa

Where's my keyboard and mice at? Drack
05-28-2015, 07:18 PM #186
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by i
Where's my keyboard and mice at? Drack

its there u dingus
05-28-2015, 08:05 PM #187
Banned
its there u dingus

Oh yeah right Drack the build runs all game at 60fps at high detail?
05-28-2015, 08:11 PM #188
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by i
Oh yeah right Drack the build runs all game at 60fps at high detail?

Define all games. Are we talking about poor console ports? If yes then probably not because of how poorly they are done.
Games build for PC in mind? If yes ,More than likely.
05-28-2015, 08:14 PM #189
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Define all games. Are we talking about poor console ports? If yes then probably not because of how poorly they are done.
Games build for PC in mind? If yes ,More than likely.

even then idk if he specified a monitor if u take that hundred away then upgrade to a i3 or 6300 and it should be more then enough to at least play hard to run/ shit ports on medium/high but most games that are decently made will run well after a small overclock is done to the cpu.
Last edited by Toke ; 05-28-2015 at 08:16 PM.
06-20-2015, 07:59 AM #190
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Did this around 6 months ago, I highly encourage it everyone Smile

The following user thanked CyberNomadic for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo