Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM #20
Peter_Griffin
Are you high?
Here we go again. I couldn't care less if PC gaming was cheaper in the long run, I will still choose the PS4 every time over the PC. Number 1 reason is i will never want to game with a mouse and keyboard, that would just be awful in my opinion. Obviously you can use controllers on the PC however not all games are compatible since they have a lot of controls which the controller can't handle. Also if your playing online FPS games the keyboard + mouse users will quite the advantage over you.
Number 2, Sitting down on the couch or using my gaming chair is much preferred to sitting at my desk like i am now. And 1UP yes there is an argument to it since maybe not everyone wants to drag around some portable desk to put their mouse and keyboard on.
Number 3, as for most people who play consoles, their friends play on it too and that's a big reason why i and many others enjoy playing on a console so you can play with friends. You could make new friends on PC but not everyone wants to do that.
Number 4, As previously mentioned, Big titles on the PS4 such as Cod ghosts, BF4 and Assassins creed black flag run a 1080p at 60 fps. So those graphics are more than good enough.
Number 5, Simplicity. Consoles will always be more simple to game on than PC, you can simply buy any game and put it straight into the console and it will work flawlessly every time, unlike some PC users who have to worry about whether their PC's will be able to handle playing the game in the first place.

The following user thanked Peter_Griffin for this useful post:

04-15-2014, 11:46 AM #21
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Griffin View Post
Here we go again. I couldn't care less if PC gaming was cheaper in the long run, I will still choose the PS4 every time over the PC. Number 1 reason is i will never want to game with a mouse and keyboard, that would just be awful in my opinion. Obviously you can use controllers on the PC however not all games are compatible since they have a lot of controls which the controller can't handle. Also if your playing online FPS games the keyboard + mouse users will quite the advantage over you.
Number 2, Sitting down on the couch or using my gaming chair is much preferred to sitting at my desk like i am now. And 1UP yes there is an argument to it since maybe not everyone wants to drag around some portable desk to put their mouse and keyboard on.
Number 3, as for most people who play consoles, their friends play on it too and that's a big reason why i and many others enjoy playing on a console so you can play with friends. You could make new friends on PC but not everyone wants to do that.
Number 4, As previously mentioned, Big titles on the PS4 such as Cod ghosts, BF4 and Assassins creed black flag run a 1080p at 60 fps. So those graphics are more than good enough.
Number 5, Simplicity. Consoles will always be more simple to game on than PC, you can simply buy any game and put it straight into the console and it will work flawlessly every time, unlike some PC users who have to worry about whether their PC's will be able to handle playing the game in the first place.

Here we go
1. Your hating on mouse and keyboard without trying it
2. Make new friends as you can never have too many
3. Just because its 1080p and 60hz don't mean it will have good graphics that's just fps and resolution not color detail and filters
04-15-2014, 12:03 PM #22
Peter_Griffin
Are you high?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Here we go
1. Your hating on mouse and keyboard without trying it
2. Make new friends as you can never have too many
3. Just because its 1080p and 60hz don't mean it will have good graphics that's just fps and resolution not color detail and filters

1. I use a mouse and keyboard everyday so i think i have a pretty good idea of what it would be like.
2. Whilst that's true, i like the friends i have now.
3. I don't want to get into too much details since you clearly know more than me about that stuff but i have seen the graphics on the ps4 while playing Ghosts and BF4 many times and in my opinion the graphics are stunning, a huge advancement of what the ps3 was capable of. I just wouldn't really see the need for graphics any better than what the PS4 provides, in my opinion of cause.
04-15-2014, 12:08 PM #23
Nick
Who’s Jim Erased?
You want the truth? I have a really good Gaming PC no shit it awesome but all my friends play on Consoles like PS3/PS4 so I follow becaise I don't like playing solo a lot.

The following 2 users say thank you to Nick for this useful post:

Siknik64, Ciri
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM #24
Toke
PC Master Race
1. I use a mouse and keyboard everyday so i think i have a pretty good idea of what it would be like.
2. Whilst that's true, i like the friends i have now.
3. I don't want to get into too much details since you clearly know more than me about that stuff but i have seen the graphics on the ps4 while playing Ghosts and BF4 many times and in my opinion the graphics are stunning, a huge advancement of what the ps3 was capable of. I just wouldn't really see the need for graphics any better than what the PS4 provides, in my opinion of cause.

You use mouse and keyboard but you think it would be awful? Gaming items have programmable keys on Tue keyboard and programmable buttons on the mouse. 90% of people who try PC gaming and learn with the keyboard prefer it over controllers its
Faster
More accurate
More ergonomic
Programmable

Those the obvious abut why mouse is better and keyboard has keys that are faster to press then buttons, there also faster response times. If its mechanical you can swap keys if you want wasd to have a concave shape or a different color or texture then you can with ease
04-15-2014, 01:04 PM #25
-SuperMan
Krazy Weed
^^ PcMasterRace ^^
04-15-2014, 01:07 PM #26
Peter_Griffin
Are you high?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You use mouse and keyboard but you think it would be awful? Gaming items have programmable keys on Tue keyboard and programmable buttons on the mouse. 90% of people who try PC gaming and learn with the keyboard prefer it over controllers its
Faster
More accurate
More ergonomic
Programmable

Those the obvious abut why mouse is better and keyboard has keys that are faster to press then buttons, there also faster response times. If its mechanical you can swap keys if you want wasd to have a concave shape or a different color or texture then you can with ease

I use mouse and keyboard for browsing the web, using word documents etc. For doing tasks like those mouse and keyboard are fine but for gaming mouse and keyboard just don't seem right. I've tried in the past with some old sports games and it was just annoying having to press all the different keys. controllers are just easier to use and seem a lot more natural to use when gaming, imo anyway.
04-15-2014, 01:33 PM #27
Default Avatar
Oneup
And 1UP yes there is an argument to it since maybe not everyone wants to drag around some portable desk to put their mouse and keyboard on.

That's a piss poor argument.

#5 is a good one. Enjoy your FPS drops and even worse net code because p2p networking for online gaming is shit.

Again enjoy your jaggies
Last edited by Oneup ; 04-15-2014 at 02:13 PM.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Toke
04-15-2014, 04:29 PM #28
Mr.Alfredo
Samurai Poster
As long as i'm playing a video game i can care less, I mean yes the graphics have to be nice and all but PS4 & PC graphics looks the same or at least, You know?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo