Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
01-16-2017, 02:40 AM #272
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
MY PC Specs:
GPU - GTX 1080
CPU - i7-6700k OC'd 4.5GHz
RAM - 16GB 3000MHz

Peripherals:
Monitors - Acer 144hz 1440p 27", Acer 60hz 1080p 24"
Keyboard - K70RGB
Mouse - Zowie FK1
Headset - HyperX Cloud II
Controller - PS3 Dual Shock 3
01-16-2017, 02:55 AM #273
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Legended View Post
MY PC Specs:
GPU - GTX 1080
CPU - i7-6700k OC'd 4.5GHz
RAM - 16GB 3000MHz

Peripherals:
Monitors - Acer 144hz 1440p 27", Acer 60hz 1080p 24"
Keyboard - K70RGB
Mouse - Zowie FK1
Headset - HyperX Cloud II
Controller - PS3 Dual Shock 3

It's almost like you opened the thread, said fuck you to reading the first post and posted whatever because fuck topics.
01-16-2017, 03:04 AM #274
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
It's almost like you opened the thread, said fuck you to reading the first post and posted whatever because fuck topics.

No, I read the thread and a lot of the Console vs PC comments. I just wanted to post my specs.
01-16-2017, 06:47 AM #275
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Why is Toke recommending the old shitty FX series? An i3 6100 for the same price or cheaper outperforms the FX series. Then after you save up, upgrade to an i5 or i7.
01-16-2017, 11:10 PM #276
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheMoon View Post
Why is Toke recommending the old shitty FX series? An i3 6100 for the same price or cheaper outperforms the FX series. Then after you save up, upgrade to an i5 or i7.

look at le date, the new zen are almost out and the new i3s are fast singlecore wise
01-22-2017, 07:25 PM #277
This is so biased. Titles that are $60 on console are the same price as PC, not including sales. Discs were obviously not a factor in this either. You can buy used discs on console for a lot cheaper than new, just like, for example, you can buy used hardware for PC. I know that PC has discs as well and consoles don't have all the games available on a disc, but the majority of console games are on discs, while the majority of PC games are available digitally.

Another thing that this doesn't add in is upgrades. When you're playing on PC, every 2 years or so you will probably want to upgrade your hardware. The amount of time you should wait until you upgrade your hardware scales with the power of your current GPU, of course, but say we had a budget card like the GTX 1060 or the RX 480. If I wanted to keep playing games at 1440p ultra settings at 60fps, I would have to upgrade. Sure, I don't have to play games at these settings, but if I'm going to be using a PC over console, I want to have a advantage over them. If not, I could just get a PS4 pro. I won't even get into if the game is not optimized for the PC.

The build also doesn't include some things. Say I started from nothing except a TV or monitor to play the game. When I buy the build in the first link, I would have no WiFi support, would not have a legal copy of Windows (no piracy), and it would cost about double the price of a console. The second build still doesn't have a legal copy of Windows, doesn't have any WiFi support, and doesn't have any way to input into your computer, no keyboard, no mouse. When I buy either of the consoles, I have everything I need to start playing games (except the games of course).

There are more players on consoles as well, in this I will be specifically looking at the PS4. There may be more steam accounts registered, but some of them may be bots, inactive, etc. While on console, pretty much anybody with a active PS Plus subscription is a user. On console, players are much more spread out across all games, especially newer titles like COD . On the contrary, PC players are focused into very specific games such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, and some more. If I want to just load up a game of Black Ops 2 on my PS3, I will have plenty of players to play with. Last I played (yesterday, 1/22/2017), there was about 20,000 players online. Black Ops II, which was rated very positive on PC, only has 574 players.

tl;dr This picture is completely wrong and tells half truths to promote the PC master race.
01-26-2017, 04:31 PM #278
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post
This is so biased. Titles that are $60 on console are the same price as PC, not including sales. Discs were obviously not a factor in this either. You can buy used discs on console for a lot cheaper than new, just like, for example, you can buy used hardware for PC. I know that PC has discs as well and consoles don't have all the games available on a disc, but the majority of console games are on discs, while the majority of PC games are available digitally.

Another thing that this doesn't add in is upgrades. When you're playing on PC, every 2 years or so you will probably want to upgrade your hardware. The amount of time you should wait until you upgrade your hardware scales with the power of your current GPU, of course, but say we had a budget card like the GTX 1060 or the RX 480. If I wanted to keep playing games at 1440p ultra settings at 60fps, I would have to upgrade. Sure, I don't have to play games at these settings, but if I'm going to be using a PC over console, I want to have a advantage over them. If not, I could just get a PS4 pro. I won't even get into if the game is not optimized for the PC.

The build also doesn't include some things. Say I started from nothing except a TV or monitor to play the game. When I buy the build in the first link, I would have no WiFi support, would not have a legal copy of Windows (no piracy), and it would cost about double the price of a console. The second build still doesn't have a legal copy of Windows, doesn't have any WiFi support, and doesn't have any way to input into your computer, no keyboard, no mouse. When I buy either of the consoles, I have everything I need to start playing games (except the games of course).

There are more players on consoles as well, in this I will be specifically looking at the PS4. There may be more steam accounts registered, but some of them may be bots, inactive, etc. While on console, pretty much anybody with a active PS Plus subscription is a user. On console, players are much more spread out across all games, especially newer titles like COD . On the contrary, PC players are focused into very specific games such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, and some more. If I want to just load up a game of Black Ops 2 on my PS3, I will have plenty of players to play with. Last I played (yesterday, 1/22/2017), there was about 20,000 players online. Black Ops II, which was rated very positive on PC, only has 574 players.

tl;dr This picture is completely wrong and tells half truths to promote the PC master race.

1. well used game sales dont help developers so by that theory i can just play any cracked game for free
2. the build in this isn't a 1440p ultra build, its a 1080p build, the consoles dont play 1440p ultra so why should this pc, also a rx480 could handle 1440p high/ultra especially if its a 8gb vram version
3. if you use wifi on a gaming pc ur an idiot, if u need wifi then buy a $10 adapter, and linus is free so is steam os, etc
4. if u play bo2 on a pc ur an idiot, theirs so many better options its laughable, theirs a reason no one plays any cod newer then waw on pc
01-27-2017, 04:44 AM #279
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post

The difference here is that you are going to get that game on sale on the PC far before it would ever drop in price in the console market.

Oh the upgrades. While enthusiasts will do this, that's not the scrope of this thread. Most people won't be upgrading their hardware till it's to the point where you couldn't play a new game at all. For the life of what you would have a console for / how long the company decides to support it your PC would be more than capable. I was gaming on an intel p4 with an ati radeon 9800 Pro from 2001. I used that machine till 2008. So 7 years isn't bad. Tech has changed alot these days and you could easily get more out of your hardware than you could then. My current PC is pushing 6 years old now and the only reason I even changed out hardware was when the part quit working. This is no different than when a console shits the bed other than I don't lose anything. I just replace the part and move on.

You talk about wanting an advantage then mention WiFi.WiFi is the worst thing to game on due to the latency from it. You aren't being competitive if that's your choice. Actually you can download windows 10 for free and you don't even need a key. If you were that desperate, you would just get the pester messages about not being activated. However linux exists, you don't need windows to play games even newer titles can run under linux.

Gonna debate you on this one. 1 game alone on PC has more active players than any game on console. World of warcraft. I don't think you grasp PC gaming at all. There is far more diversity among games. If you stickly go by steam you are in for a bad time. Shit you can play console games online on the PC, those don't get factored into steam since it has nothing to do with steam nor a console. PC gaming is more than just steam.

The reason COD is where it is on PC is because of the developers and the fact that they shit out a rehash every year.With every game you split the community further.
01-27-2017, 03:05 PM #280
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
The difference here is that you are going to get that game on sale on the PC far before it would ever drop in price in the console market.

Oh the upgrades. While enthusiasts will do this, that's not the scrope of this thread. Most people won't be upgrading their hardware till it's to the point where you couldn't play a new game at all. For the life of what you would have a console for / how long the company decides to support it your PC would be more than capable. I was gaming on an intel p4 with an ati radeon 9800 Pro from 2001. I used that machine till 2008. So 7 years isn't bad. Tech has changed alot these days and you could easily get more out of your hardware than you could then. My current PC is pushing 6 years old now and the only reason I even changed out hardware was when the part quit working. This is no different than when a console shits the bed other than I don't lose anything. I just replace the part and move on.

You talk about wanting an advantage then mention WiFi.WiFi is the worst thing to game on due to the latency from it. You aren't being competitive if that's your choice. Actually you can download windows 10 for free and you don't even need a key. If you were that desperate, you would just get the pester messages about not being activated. However linux exists, you don't need windows to play games even newer titles can run under linux.

Gonna debate you on this one. 1 game alone on PC has more active players than any game on console. World of warcraft. I don't think you grasp PC gaming at all. There is far more diversity among games. If you stickly go by steam you are in for a bad time. Shit you can play console games online on the PC, those don't get factored into steam since it has nothing to do with steam nor a console. PC gaming is more than just steam.

The reason COD is where it is on PC is because of the developers and the fact that they shit out a rehash every year.With every game you split the community further.

your 6 year old cpu is literally just as fast as my cpu thats 3 gens newer. you also gotta count in all the people that only play cracked games that never touch steam, that makes the number jump signifigantly higher, and people who play emulators

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo