Post: Black ops 3 PC Features news mod support, server browser
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Treyarch has posted a new blog post highlighting what the PC side of the studio wants to do with there version of the game.
Does come up with a disclaimer at the bottom of the post "Please remember that this is software development, so things don’t always work out exactly as planned. Sometimes features slip or drop off altogether, sometimes they get replaced with other, more awesome features as we hit into limitations of our original plans."

Possible that things could be dropped but the team wants to bring you.

Mod tools able to create maps and gamemodes with more.
Unranked Dedicated Server Files with the tools so you can run servers with modded content anywhere you choose.
Unranked Server Browser so you can easily find and join servers with modded content.
Closed Alpha target date: March 2016

Confirmed the game will allow Fov of 120 maximum past titles on PC had maximum of 65 with some being patched later to increase to 90.

Team would like to bring you mod tool support March 2016 and give you freedom to show off your work. One of the directors also spoke about how Gun shop is getting extra features on PC. Call of duty putting effort into PC this can't be!
Could this be a sign the company wants to tap into PC more?

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Toke, Rath
11-03-2015, 06:36 PM #2
Rath
Today Will Be Different
It seems like Treyarch has realized what makes Valve titles so good. Mod support. I'd consider getting into modding Black Ops 3 just for the mod support to see how it turns out. It would be interesting to see if they will do something similar to what Valve does with Counter-Strike and eventually add maps that the community likes. And damn, 120 FOV maximum. Mother of God
11-04-2015, 12:28 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
It seems like Treyarch has realized what makes Valve titles so good. Mod support. I'd consider getting into modding Black Ops 3 just for the mod support to see how it turns out. It would be interesting to see if they will do something similar to what Valve does with Counter-Strike and eventually add maps that the community likes. And damn, 120 FOV maximum. Mother of God

maybe if the servers werent shit and it was decently optimized it would be more popular
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM #4
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Toke View Post
maybe if the servers werent shit and it was decently optimized it would be more popular

The servers will probably be the only limiting factor. But, I don't think they'll be no where near as bad as Arma 3 servers when they launched. And again, I don't think the optimization could be near as bad as Arma 3.
11-06-2015, 08:01 AM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Rath View Post

From business stand point this makes perfect sense for couple of reasons :p
Expect to see Esports CoD move to PC within next couple of years.
Also 120 FoV made me wet
Subject of optimization been hit and miss we see the beta was terrible for optimization who know.....
Just hope these things come due to that disclaimer....
11-06-2015, 02:46 PM #6
ImTrippinHoes
Vault dweller
i mean i liked when they came out with mod support for modern warfare.
Now that there adding mod support for the PC its gonna be a good reason too buy
11-06-2015, 02:49 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
From business stand point this makes perfect sense for couple of reasons :p
Expect to see Esports CoD move to PC within next couple of years.
Also 120 FoV made me wet
Subject of optimization been hit and miss we see the beta was terrible for optimization who know.....
Just hope these things come due to that disclaimer....

You mean the same esports that has existed since the dawn of cod? Yea this isn't a peasant exclusive thing. We've had this for a long time.
11-06-2015, 03:09 PM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
You mean the same esports that has existed since the dawn of cod? Yea this isn't a peasant exclusive thing. We've had this for a long time.

Yep :p
I remember CS1.6 E sports days
11-07-2015, 01:04 AM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Yep :p
I remember CS1.6 E sports days

no he means the competitive cod scene which was pretty big with cod2
11-11-2015, 02:20 AM #10
Default Avatar
Oneup