02-07-2016, 09:56 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi Guys I'm very new to steam and I created my account with all my games on however, I want to create a YouTube account with a different name so I want to change my steam name. I know this is possible I've done with it before when I typed it wrong but this time will I lose the games I purchased? And will I lose all my stats on games such as Black OPS 3 ???? Please Help!
02-07-2016, 04:44 PM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by Viper
Hi Guys I'm very new to steam and I created my account with all my games on however, I want to create a YouTube account with a different name so I want to change my steam name. I know this is possible I've done with it before when I typed it wrong but this time will I lose the games I purchased? And will I lose all my stats on games such as Black OPS 3 ???? Please Help!

You can change your steam name very easily. It is changeable and most people do it on a daily basis if not weekly just to mess around and try something new :p

First, right click Steam in the bottom right corner and press on Friends.

After that, next to your name, there should be a little pointer button next to it. You want to click that and then press on Change Profile Name.

Once you do that, a window will come up with your current avatar and your current name. In the top, where it says Profile Name and Avatar, you can type anything you want in your profile name. It is the username that cannot be changed which is always used for logon.
02-09-2016, 02:37 AM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Kam
You can change your steam name very easily. It is changeable and most people do it on a daily basis if not weekly just to mess around and try something new :p

First, right click Steam in the bottom right corner and press on Friends.

After that, next to your name, there should be a little pointer button next to it. You want to click that and then press on Change Profile Name.

Once you do that, a window will come up with your current avatar and your current name. In the top, where it says Profile Name and Avatar, you can type anything you want in your profile name. It is the username that cannot be changed which is always used for logon.

You can also view your profile and click the button that says 'Edit Profile' and it'll take you to the same screen. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo