Post: Logitech turned 160 gaming keyboards into a massive pixelated display
04-26-2016, 06:11 PM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Using programmable LEDs as backlighting for keyboards has become a familiar trick for gaming companies, but Logitech has managed to put the tech to a new use. At gaming festival PAX East, the company turned 160 of its light-up G810 keyboards into a massive pixelated display. The resulting screen — dubbed the Great Wall of Logitech G — was used to show various messages and images during PAX, including a mock-up of a side-scrolling shooter created by production company iam8bit.

A closer look at the screen shows that the fronts of the keys have been worn away to allow more light to shine through, but the Great Wall shows off the G810's multicolor abilities fairly.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by OfficialJesseP ; 05-01-2016 at 05:14 AM.
05-01-2016, 05:06 AM #2
Rick
Splicer
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Using programmable LEDs as backlighting for keyboards has become a familiar trick for gaming companies, but Logitech has managed to put the tech to a new use. At gaming festival PAX East, the company turned 160 of its light-up G810 keyboards into a massive pixelated display. The resulting screen — dubbed the Great Wall of Logitech G — was used to show various messages and images during PAX, including a mock-up of a side-scrolling shooter created by production company iam8bit.

A closer look at the screen shows that the fronts of the keys have been worn away to allow more light to shine through, but the Great Wall shows off the G810's multicolor abilities fairly.

Wow, Thats really cool, I personally am a Razer fanboy though Smile
05-01-2016, 05:07 AM #3
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Rick
Wow, Thats really cool, I personally am a Razer fanboy though Smile

I don't play on the PC, just thought this was pretty awesome Smile
05-01-2016, 05:10 AM #4
Rick
Splicer
I don't play on the PC, just thought this was pretty awesome Smile

You should start pc gaming, Its amazing not paying yearly fees to use my internet and buy games on the cheap from G2A! Smile
05-01-2016, 05:12 AM #5
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Rick
You should start pc gaming, Its amazing not paying yearly fees to use my internet and buy games on the cheap from G2A! Smile

Yeah i'll definitely think about it man.
05-01-2016, 05:12 AM #6
Default Avatar
Remy
Using programmable LEDs as backlighting for keyboards has become a familiar trick for gaming companies, but Logitech has managed to put the tech to a new use. At gaming festival PAX East, the company turned 160 of its light-up G810 keyboards into a massive pixelated display. The resulting screen — dubbed the Great Wall of Logitech G — was used to show various messages and images during PAX, including a mock-up of a side-scrolling shooter created by production company iam8bit.

I know this has been posted on numerous sites word for word but here is one of the links : You must login or register to view this content. you should add it as it is the source.
05-01-2016, 05:13 AM #7
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Remy View Post
I know this has been posted on numerous sites word for word but here is one of the links : You must login or register to view this content. you should add it as it is the source.

Thanks it's been added Smile
05-01-2016, 11:55 PM #8
This is pretty amazing
05-02-2016, 12:28 AM #9
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Stephano4444 View Post
This is pretty amazing

Yeah it really is man, just goes to show how far along technology has come Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo