Post: Rocket League adding Crates to their game to fund eSports Prize Pools?
07-12-2016, 08:25 PM #1
Loes
Lexicon Admin
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Company Psyonix is adding Crates into Rocket League apparently really soon. Everything got first leaked with the image below but then later confirmed by the Developer that it is coming to the game.

The Developer said that all the money raised from these "Crates" will fund their eSports Prize pool and other events happening. They will not put these Crates on the steam market place since the Developer is aware of the Third-party gambling that has been going in other games like CS:GO.

You must login or register to view this content.

This is what the Developer posted about this on You must login or register to view this content.:

• All of the Crates will only have Cosmetic items like skins, flags, colors and hats etc. They are against Pay to win and giving people an unfair advantage on that they will never implement pay to win into their game
  • They will not be putting the Crates on the steam Marketplace like I stated above because of Gambling. The Developer doesn't like the Third-party Gambling and does not want to take the approach towards it.
  • This 'system' can be easily hidden by checking a little box and hiding it from your screen if youre not interested in partaking in this. This won't affect your game in any way.
  • They also want to let players know that they want to keep releasing free Arenas, Game modes, and Items. Along with some paid DLC along the way.

They will release a final announcement on this system at the end of next month after RLCS Live Finals have been held.

The following 7 users say thank you to Loes for this useful post:

01cedricv2, 192.168.1.1, Father Luckeyy, Geo, Toke, Darth Saul, User343234
07-12-2016, 09:26 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Loes View Post
The Company Psyonix is adding Crates into Rocket League apparently really soon. Everything got first leaked with the image below but then later confirmed by the Developer that it is coming to the game.

The Developer said that all the money raised from these "Crates" will fund their eSports Prize pool and other events happening. They will not put these Crates on the steam market place since the Developer is aware of the Third-party gambling that has been going in other games like CS:GO.

This is what the Developer posted about this on You must login or register to view this content.:

• All of the Crates will only have Cosmetic items like skins, flags, colors and hats etc. They are against Pay to win and giving people an unfair advantage on that they will never implement pay to win into their game
  • They will not be putting the Crates on the steam Marketplace like I stated above because of Gambling. The Developer doesn't like the Third-party Gambling and does not want to take the approach towards it.
  • This 'system' can be easily hidden by checking a little box and hiding it from your screen if youre not interested in partaking in this. This won't affect your game in any way.
  • They also want to let players know that they want to keep releasing free Arenas, Game modes, and Items. Along with some paid DLC along the way.

They will release a final announcement on this system at the end of next month after RLCS Live Finals have been held.

wait so u give the good stuff for free and dumb stuff for money?
07-12-2016, 09:27 PM #3
Loes
Lexicon Admin
Originally posted by Toke View Post
wait so u give the good stuff for free and dumb stuff for money?

I'm not sure what they are adding into the Crates yet, they're gonna be announcing more about this in the coming months.
07-12-2016, 09:29 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
I'm not sure what they are adding into the Crates yet, they're gonna be announcing more about this in the coming months.

it says skins, flags and cosmetic items. just in time for a rl flag gambling site
07-13-2016, 06:38 AM #5
succ
Brute
Watch the items have powerups Kappa ... P2W?
07-13-2016, 07:34 AM #6
Loes
Lexicon Admin
Originally posted by Vortonic View Post
Watch the items have powerups Kappa ... P2W?

They wont implement it, The Devs for Rocket League have always promised that it will not be integrated
07-13-2016, 03:24 PM #7
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
I dont think it's needed in rocket league as they keep adding dlc . Now theres just more dlc which u have a smaller chance of gaining.
07-13-2016, 08:36 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
As long as these don't cancel out the drops that are already happening and are just a bonus. I don't really care. I am not a fan of micro transactions and dlc but RL is one of the few games that (dlc wise at least) seems to do it right.
07-13-2016, 08:59 PM #9
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Nice post Loes!
07-14-2016, 12:38 PM #10
Default Avatar
Kas
The Company Psyonix is adding Crates into Rocket League apparently really soon. Everything got first leaked with the image below but then later confirmed by the Developer that it is coming to the game.

I guess You, Kryptus and myself will be playing rocket league again. Lol.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo