Post: PSA: Discord can lock your GPUs clocks at low values
10-20-2016, 08:35 PM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); By default hardware acceleration is enabled in Discord. This can have a negative impact on your GPU by limiting its clock speeds to stock values hindering game performance.

To disable go into settings > appearance > disable hardware acceleration > restart discord.

It's happened to me, I haven't gotten a chance to test it.

My specs are a 6600K i5 (stock clock) and a XFX 270x.

Users with GPU's and CPU's both above and below mine are reporting the same issues to Discord and stating that the solution was to disable hardware acceleration.
10-20-2016, 11:48 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
By default hardware acceleration is enabled in Discord. This can have a negative impact on your GPU by limiting its clock speeds to stock values hindering game performance.

To disable go into settings > appearance > disable hardware acceleration > restart discord.

It's happened to me, I haven't gotten a chance to test it.

My specs are a 6600K i5 (stock clock) and a XFX 270x.

Users with GPU's and CPU's both above and below mine are reporting the same issues to Discord and stating that the solution was to disable hardware acceleration.

That doesn't even make sense. If it's using hardware acceleration it shouldn't affecting it that way. If anything the clock rate should be going up since it's not idle. Anycase shit programming on their part I suppose.
10-22-2016, 08:40 PM #3
You're right, shit programming

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo