12-01-2016, 06:57 PM #1
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello guys, I will be giving you a tutorial on how to get GTA IV (PC) working with mods after patch.

RockStar released an update for PC GTA regarding to updating there social club launcher (Due to people not being able to log in) which is now fixed.

Please follow this tutorial to help you get gta working with mods, and the ability to play online (Spoofing)

UPDATE
Script Hook updated to support 1.1.2.0 & 1.0.7.0. Download and install the normal script hook, and replace the dll with this one here You must login or register to view this content.

Install your mods as normal.

Old update!. (ignore) - Update links for old update since rockstar removed them

Step 1:
Begin installing Grand Theft Auto 4 normally, run the game and log into social club before proceeding. For steam, the game will automatically update. If you have a pirated version I guess you could try updating with this You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2:
After you installed the game, logged into social club, verified your key, exit the game as it is now time to patch it back with old data.

Go to the directory of Grand Theft Auto eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City\EFLC

Create a backup of "paul.dll" and make sure you keep it safe out of the EFLC folder.

Step 3: Downloading title update, extracting it's content, and replacing

You have to download this You must login or register to view this content. which is the last update of gta 4 that is not patched. Download this, and extract all the contents to a folder.

Step 4:
I've figured that it would be better to NOT use the installer, but manually getting the files, and overwritting them. You can do this with ease with an application called lessmsi You must login or register to view this content.. Open up TitleUpdate.msi with lessmsi, and extract the content to A folder (Not EFLC).

Step 5:
After you extract the content, move the content to the EFLC folder. This will overwrite some files.

Step 6:
Put back "paul.dll" that I told you to keep a backup of. Start the game normally with steam, or LaunchGTA.exe (Recommended)

Rockstar might remove the old update download, but hopefully ScriptHook will be updated by Alexander. In that case, You would not have to follow this guide, but until then this is the only way to play with mods.

When ScriptHook releases just verify integrity with steam, which will update you back to the current release.

And thats it Smile. Add my gfwl live account (UnRatedAction). I will be playing ALOT mainly lspdfr if you are interested in joining up with a police clan with me.

Other steam accounts(Str8Geeked(blazinon420), MIGOS(legitsoulja))
Last edited by iTz_Derpy ; 12-04-2016 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Updated links
12-01-2016, 07:07 PM #2
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
For the old update of Original GTA 4 I think this is it. The link for the update patch 8 includes both updates for EFLC, and original.

Old Original GTA 4 Update > You must login or register to view this content.

Let me know if these links are no longer working. I have saved them all, and will upload them somewhere if rockstar removes them.
12-02-2016, 04:30 AM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Outsider
Crazy and awesome that they released a patch for GTA 4 so many years later regardless of the issues, it must still have consistent players Happy

It's actually not as uncommon as you might think. When game spy went down there were developers from the original halo game that created a patch to work on another service. Hell you can still play the online demo that came out like 10 years ago.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Darth Saul
12-02-2016, 07:18 AM #4
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
Actually, Alot of people still play. Rockstar got tired of the complaints they was receiving, even complaints from me haha

They should've fixed there login system a long time ago. They had people trying to get the game working for hours. Some people bought the game and couldn't even play it. So they had to fix it.
12-04-2016, 03:44 AM #5
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
LOL Rockstar redirected those links lmfao. Now I got to upload them.
12-04-2016, 03:45 AM #6
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
Don't they know we can still use this? You must login or register to view this content.
12-04-2016, 04:01 AM #7
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
But screw it. I just found out a script hook update has been released. You must login or register to view this content.
12-04-2016, 04:22 AM #8
iTz_Derpy
Do a barrel roll!
Post updated

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo