02-22-2017, 01:48 PM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

If you're in any of those countries, this is when you can expect sales tax on your games to start.

Serbia, New Zealand and India get dicked with the highest tax rates, while Australia continues to be dicked all around for high absurd prices on everything. [SUP]We feel for you Winter.[/SUP]

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Toke
02-22-2017, 02:46 PM #2
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

If you're in any of those countries, this is when you can expect sales tax on your games to start.

Serbia, New Zealand and India get dicked with the highest tax rates, while Australia continues to be dicked all around for high absurd prices on everything. [SUP]We feel for you Winter.[/SUP]

This is another why i'll stick with PSN #NoTax, even microsoft/xblive charge sales tax.
02-22-2017, 03:03 PM #3
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Jon
This is another why i'll stick with PSN #NoTax, even microsoft/xblive charge sales tax.

You do realize that in all of those countries, if the law states digital goods Sony is forced to implement sales tax right?

Some US States, the PSN store charges sales tax in accordance to their state laws. PSN isn't some end all be all of existence that is above the law. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if in all of these countries the PSN store starts charging sales tax.

A quick google search shows pages of results where people from around the world are bitching about being charges sales tax from the PSN store.

Sales tax is not dependent on the platform its on the government of the region. So if you live in one of those countries, congratulations you just got sales tax.
Last edited by Cryptic ; 02-22-2017 at 03:06 PM.
02-22-2017, 03:48 PM #4
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
You do realize that in all of those countries, if the law states digital goods Sony is forced to implement sales tax right?

Some US States, the PSN store charges sales tax in accordance to their state laws. PSN isn't some end all be all of existence that is above the law. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if in all of these countries the PSN store starts charging sales tax.

A quick google search shows pages of results where people from around the world are bitching about being charges sales tax from the PSN store.

Sales tax is not dependent on the platform its on the government of the region. So if you live in one of those countries, congratulations you just got sales tax.

it does depend on the platform, xblive charge worldwide psn does not.
02-26-2017, 08:37 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Jon

No they definitely charge tax. In NY tax is required. So I mean if you are going to shit post in a thread at least get your information correct.

Also in the United States you are supposed to be paying taxes on online purchases if the retailer does not already collect those taxes. So if you aren't paying that, you are breaking the law.
02-26-2017, 11:01 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Never really used STEAM, but I'm guessing they're not messing with it for the US.. unless they have already.
02-27-2017, 12:59 PM #7
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
No they definitely charge tax. In NY tax is required. So I mean if you are going to shit post in a thread at least get your information correct.

Also in the United States you are supposed to be paying taxes on online purchases if the retailer does not already collect those taxes. So if you aren't paying that, you are breaking the law.

I live in NY, they do not charge tax, maybe you should get your information correct.
02-27-2017, 03:55 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Jon
I live in NY, they do not charge tax, maybe you should get your information correct.

I also lived in NY and they did. Again if you are going to shit post in a thread with your peasant shit get it right.
In anycase if you aren't paying that then GG you are committing a crime.
02-27-2017, 04:16 PM #9
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
I also lived in NY and they did. Again if you are going to shit post in a thread with your peasant shit get it right.
In anycase if you aren't paying that then GG you are committing a crime.

"I also lived in NY and they did." well they dont anymore here is proof You must login or register to view this content. no need to get upset m8
03-05-2017, 02:38 AM #10
Now sony is right around the corner as well with taxing games. It was good while it lasted.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo