01-27-2018, 05:21 AM #1
jkait
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys im thinking about doing the switch from console to pc but in a laptop rather then a desktop.
I dont really like the idea of having a corner of the room being covered in wires etc. with a stationary gaming platform. Also the wife wouldnt like me doing so aswell haha

So im looking at a good gaming laptop of the sorts that can play some of the latest games on standard to high graphics specs, preferrably something that is upgradeable if that even exists yet (ive seen a few google results but looks all here-say)
Im also open to the non-upgradeable type provided i could still play games coming out years later (within reason)

Any links and reviews from people who've ventured down this path would be greatly appreciated. thanks
my budget is $2-4k aud
01-27-2018, 06:32 PM #2
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Im no where close to being the best source when it comes to this kind of stuff but I do know that laptops aren't the greatest for gaming. I know its possible and all but I was told that gaming laptops are pointless since you cant really upgrade them, from what I was told. I'm thinking about doing the switch as well, don't worry. Thanks to the almighty You must login or register to view this content., he helped me find a computer that fits my price range. You can try PMing him and see what he says.
01-27-2018, 07:06 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by jkait View Post
Hi guys im thinking about doing the switch from console to pc but in a laptop rather then a desktop.
I dont really like the idea of having a corner of the room being covered in wires etc. with a stationary gaming platform. Also the wife wouldnt like me doing so aswell haha

So im looking at a good gaming laptop of the sorts that can play some of the latest games on standard to high graphics specs, preferrably something that is upgradeable if that even exists yet (ive seen a few google results but looks all here-say)
Im also open to the non-upgradeable type provided i could still play games coming out years later (within reason)

Any links and reviews from people who've ventured down this path would be greatly appreciated. thanks
my budget is $2-4k aud

You must login or register to view this content. would do u good m8 not the fastest but the price is low and gtx 1070 laptops run double that, even though somthing like this with a 8gb rx580 would run circles around it
You must login or register to view this content.
01-28-2018, 07:25 AM #4
jkait
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by TheManDavid View Post
Im no where close to being the best source when it comes to this kind of stuff but I do know that laptops aren't the greatest for gaming. I know its possible and all but I was told that gaming laptops are pointless since you cant really upgrade them, from what I was told. I'm thinking about doing the switch as well, don't worry. Thanks to the almighty You must login or register to view this content., he helped me find a computer that fits my price range. You can try PMing him and see what he says.

I just did a bit more research on some gaming laptops like the sager, for what you pay to get the parts and then the daunting task of pulling it all apart it isn't worth the time and money in comparison to desktop upgrades. Well its settled ill just have to win over the lady to let me setup in the house.

Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. would do u good m8 not the fastest but the price is low and gtx 1070 laptops run double that, even though somthing like this with a 8gb rx580 would run circles around it
You must login or register to view this content.

so toke with that inspiron desktop you linked me, would it be enough for starting out or would you recommend upgrading it straight out of the box?
01-28-2018, 11:19 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by jkait View Post
I just did a bit more research on some gaming laptops like the sager, for what you pay to get the parts and then the daunting task of pulling it all apart it isn't worth the time and money in comparison to desktop upgrades. Well its settled ill just have to win over the lady to let me setup in the house.

so toke with that inspiron desktop you linked me, would it be enough for starting out or would you recommend upgrading it straight out of the box?

starting out? with the recent graphic card market fuck by miners. thats a great rig for the price and well even if you built it with parts it would still be a great pc to game with. its turn key with a warrentee and a payment plan if you want. just plug it in and install steam

also with your wires in the corner, just get a wireless mouse. and organize your cables with a cable box. their should only be 2 cables you see the monitor and keyboard
Last edited by Toke ; 01-28-2018 at 11:42 AM.
02-13-2018, 02:31 AM #6
Perfect tips! Smile
04-27-2018, 10:37 AM #7
go for a asus rog

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo