Post: How to downgrade and jailbreak with e3 card reader(noob friendly)
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); (Update: With geohot's release of the METLDR key it just a matter of time till a custom firmware is made and this tutorial becomes a waste of your time and my time lol. In the mean time feel free to use it. Do you think I used time enough? Smile )

I have a few people asking where the e3 can be bought. The most popular place is:You must login or register to view this content.

(Update:All e3 cards should have been shipped on the 11th of this month. Here is an email I recieved from them: "Normally it takes 14~21 days for you to receive the package since we shipped it.For the coming Xmas Day,there'll be +/-14 days delay for the package arriving.Please wait patiently and hope your understanding."
Best regards,
Emma
)

(If you still want to play online while waiting for your e3 you can
"Type 67.202.81.137 in Primary DNS"-from
You must login or register to view this content. /and You must login or register to view this content. for reminding me) Patched :(

Tutorial

Downgrade PS3 fw 3.50

Using E3 Card Reader

Downloads within tutorial

Set E3 Card Reader As Downgrade Dongle

Updating E3 Card Reader with the downgrade software is extremely simple:

1. Connect the device to your PC, you will have 2 or 3 drives pop up (2 without SD card, 3 with card in, you dont need a card in).

2. Drag-n-drop the “You must login or register to view this content.” file you downloaded to the “E3Upgrader” drive.

3. That’s it — your device has been updated. Safely eject E3 Card Reader and now lets perform the actual downgrade.

Performing The Downgrade

I suggest you backup your saved games — they’ll be long gone after the downgrade. A downgrade will always format the PS3 hard drive. You can put your saved games back when your done.
Lets start the downgrade:

1. Insert the E3 Card Reader that you just programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.

2. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks:
(a) Disconnect power from PS3 –
FAT PS3 (turn switch off at back of console)
SLIM PS3 (disconnect power cable)
(b) Reconnect power,
Press power button then,
Immediately press eject.
Your console will turn on and E3 Card Reader will light up the red LED followed by the blue LED.

3. Turn off system via menu.

4. Remove E3 Card Reader and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. (You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.)

5. Turn the PS3 off again.

6. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files You must login or register to view this content. in the root directory:
Modified 3.41 PUP
Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.

7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.

8. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”.

9. Turn the PS3 off.

10. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.

11. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.

12. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…

(Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).

Jailbreak PS3
Using E3 Card Reader

Set E3 Card Reader As Jailbreak Dongle

As before, updating the E3 Card Reader with the jailbreak software is extremely simple:

1. Connect the device to your PC, you will have 2 or 3 drives pop up (2 without SD card, 3 with card in, you dont need a card in).

2. Drag-n-drop the “You must login or register to view this content.” file you downloaded to the “E3Upgrader” drive.

3. That’s it — your device has been updated. Safely eject E3 Card Reader and now lets perform the jailbreak.

Performing The Jailbreak

You will need to perform these steps each time you turn your PS3 on:

1. Insert the E3 Card Reader that you just programmed with the jailbreak software into your PS3.

(c) Disconnect power from PS3 –
(d) Reconnect power,
Press power button then,
Immediately press eject.
Your console will turn on and E3 Card Reader will light up the red LED followed by the blue LED.

3. You will see “Install Package File” in the game menu.

You are now jailbroken.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 every time you turn on your ps3 if you want it jailbroken. If the install package file doesn't appear, turn off the ps3 with the controller and try steps 1 and 2 again.

I hope writing this tutorial helped you.Winky Winky

Partially From:You must login or register to view this content.

Shout-out to psjailbreak: It would suck to be you guys....
Last edited by viper262 ; 01-02-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Update

The following 20 users say thank you to viper262 for this useful post:

!x-MONKEY-BOMB!, 8======D----, A_Fast_Black_Guy, Baby-panama, benzy, chris48hour, cluckin bell, cmms07, davirus_, DR-Dizzy, duderly, gamekilla, KeithH4666, Mr.Alfredo, Nicky74me, Oliiver, SolidSnake77, TheSwerdy, xGozzy, yungvision08
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM #2
Wondoh
Former Staff
Mine is coming soon Smile I will use this, great post
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM #3
+REP nice tutorial still waiting for mine
12-06-2010, 11:11 PM #4
Hopefully they will ship tonight (my time 4:10pm Monday). (China time 7:10am Tuesday)
Last edited by viper262 ; 12-06-2010 at 11:15 PM.
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM #5
.Joee
< ^ > < ^ >
I bet these e3's have gone up in price since all this lol.
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM #6
xGozzy
Climbing up the ladder
Very Nice Thanks in Advance I Never Knew You Could Jb With the E3 Card Reader.
12-07-2010, 03:47 AM #7
when i put the password in it doesnt work so do i have to drag the “e3downgrade 12.03.bin” file onto the e3 card reader? and then put the password in?
Last edited by m1garand ; 12-07-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: update
12-07-2010, 03:55 AM #8
Reay
Brute
Originally posted by viper262 View Post
Downgrade PS3
Using E3 Card Reader

Downloads at bottom of page

Set E3 Card Reader As Downgrade Dongle

Updating E3 Card Reader with the downgrade software is extremely simple:

2. Drag-n-drop the “e3downgrade 12.03.bin” file you downloaded to the “E3Upgrader” drive.

3. That’s it — your device has been updated. Safely eject E3 Card Reader and now lets perform the actual downgrade.

Performing The Downgrade

I suggest you backup your saved games — they’ll be long gone after the downgrade. A downgrade will always format the PS3 hard drive. You can put your saved games back when your done.
Lets start the downgrade:

1. Insert the E3 Card Reader that you just programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.

(a) Disconnect power from PS3 –
(b) Reconnect power,
Press power button then,
Immediately press eject.

3. Turn off system via menu.

4. Remove E3 Card Reader and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. (You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.)

5. Turn the PS3 off again.

6. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files (you downloaded earlier) in the root directory:
Modified 3.41 PUP
Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.

7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.

8. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”.

9. Turn the PS3 off.

10. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.

11. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.

12. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…

(Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).

Jailbreak PS3
Using E3 Card Reader

Set E3 Card Reader As Jailbreak Dongle

As before, updating the E3 Card Reader with the jailbreak software is extremely simple:

2. Drag-n-drop the “e3dual boot fw 12.01 for 3.41fw” file you downloaded to the “E3Upgrader” drive.

3. That’s it — your device has been updated. Safely eject E3 Card Reader and now lets perform the jailbreak.

Performing The Jailbreak

You will need to perform these steps each time you turn your PS3 on:

1. Insert the E3 Card Reader that you just programmed with the jailbreak software into your PS3.

(c) Disconnect power from PS3 –
(d) Reconnect power,
Press power button then,
Immediately press eject.

3. You will see “Install Package File” in the game menu.

You are now jailbroken.

Downgrade Download (used in the beginning)
You must login or register to view this content.

Modified 3.41 Firmware including file 1 and 2 (used in the beginning)

Jailbreak Download (used at the end)

can someone tell me where to buy this ?
12-07-2010, 04:04 AM #9
vyselegend
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by tigerreay44 View Post
can someone tell me where to buy this ?

I want to know this also.
12-07-2010, 04:16 AM #10
Originally posted by vyselegend View Post
I want to know this also.

It can be bought here. Its the most popular place and they have free shipping.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo