Post: Full Tutorial: How to Set-up and Run Modded Lobbies on Call of Duty with No Jailbreak
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM #1
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In this tutorial I am going to cover how you can run modded lobbies on PS3 for specifically the Call of Dutys games, on any retail console with no accessories, jailbreaks etc. Just a some storage device is needed like a USB stick and some patience.

Alright then lets begin!

[multipage=Step 1: Installing Firmware 3.55]

If your PS3 can currently access PSN and is on 3.55 already then ignore this step and move onto the next one!

You must login or register to view this content.
Download the 3.55 firmware from here:
    https://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2010_1207_ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b6921a8c61/PS3UPDAT.PUP
Now on your storage device, make the folder "PS3". Then inside this folder make another named "UPDATE". Place the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file you downloaded in here.

Connect the storage to your PS3 and go to "Settings" and the first option "System Update" and select "Update via Storage Media". Go through with the update like normal. You have successfully installed 3.55 onto your PS3 (if you didn't have it already).

[multipage=Step 2: Installing Custom Firmware]

The next step is to install geohot's custom firmware onto your PS3 console.

First download the package from below:
    https://geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
Extract the file and you will have one file named "PS3UPDAT.PUP". Connect your storage device and create a folder named "PS3" and go inside of it and then create another folder named "UPDATE". In here put the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file.

Connect the storage to your PS3 and go to "Settings" and the first option "System Update" and select "Update via Storage Media". Go though all the options and install. When your PS3
beeps wait till it turns off itself, this is important do not turn it off yourself please!

Now on reboot you will have a new option under the Game section called "Install Package Files" this is what the custom firmware installs for us.

[multipage=Step 3: Installing & Using FTP/File Manager]
In the final step we will go through how to install one of these 2 different programs on your PS3 which will allow you to copy a modded patch over. You only require one method so choose which will be best for you!

FTP: With this method you will be able to connect to you PS3 wirelessly over wifi from your PC and send files to it and also recieve files (modded patches). I recommend this one overall if you have wifi.

File Manager: With this method you put the modded patches onto storage and connect it to the PS3. You then copy them off into the correct place. This is good if you don't have wifi or access to a PC all the time.

You will now need to find a modded patch (lobby) of your choice. Make sure the patch is for your disc region that you have BLES, BLUS etc as it will not work if its not. You will get a black screen on the game!

FTP)

Get your storage device and connect it to your PC. Now download this program for the PS3 called blackb0x FTP:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=DH3KCP50
Now copy this pkg file to your storage device and connect it to your PS3. Scroll to your new "Install Package Files" option on the PS3 and press X. Find the file that you just put on there "ftpserver..." and press X to install it. Now back out into your Game section once installed and you will see the program, scroll down to it and press X to run it.

So get a patch that you want, then you need to get a FTP program for you PC so you can connect to your PS3. I reccomend FileZilla you can download it from here:
    https://filezilla-project.org/download.php
So once you have an FTP program installed, load up the "blackb0x" program from your PS3. You will see an IP address in mine is 192.168.2.7 your will be similar. Copy this into the "Host" box in your FTP program. Now in the Username put "FTPD12345" and for the password it can be anything at all. Then press connect. You will now see the folders on your PS3 open the "dev_hdd0" folder then inside there the "game" folder. In here is your games installed onto your system, Modern Warfare 2 is BLES00683 for my region, it will vary for yours so go get your case or disc of the game and see what you have on there on the side. Now you know the correct folder for your Call of Duty game open it then open the "USRDIR" folder. You will now see another "patch_mp.ff" drag your patch into here and overwrite it.

File Manager)

Get your storage device and connect it to your PC. Now download this program, for the PS3, called File Manager:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?b9q79aqeyyirt9g
Now copy this file to the root of your storage device and connect it to your PS3. Scroll to your new "Install Package Files" option on the PS3 and press X. Find the file that you just put on there "Awesome File Manager..." and press X to install it. Now back out into your Game section once installed and you will see the program, scroll down to it and press X to run it.

Get a patch that you want and copy it to your storage device from your PC. Now connect the storage device to your PS3 and run the "Awesome File Manager" from your PS3. Now scroll to "dev_hdd0" on the left hand side and press X. Again scroll to "game" within this folder. In here is your games installed onto your system, Modern Warfare 2 is BLES00683 for my region, it will vary for yours so go get your case or disc of the game and see what you have on there on the side. Scroll to your wanted game then and select it. For the call of dutys you always want to go into the folder "USRDIR" then in here scroll across the right to the other listing. Go onto "dev_usbxxx" this is your storage you connected, then scroll to the "patch_mp.ff" that you copied and press O to copy it over to your PS3 to the correct folder on the left.

[multipage=Conclusion & Credits]

Now quit the program (ether method) on your PS3 and start your game up, you now have your own modded lobby on your selected Call of Duty. I hope you have found this tutorial easy to use, enjoy your modded lobbies Smile

I would like to thank the following people who made this tutorial possible:

• Custom Firmware - Geohot
  • File Manager - Comgenie
  • Signing of File Manager - xiDivyb
  • blackb0x FTP makers
  • Video Tutorial - DiJiTaLGoDz
  • Testing - Manxlad619
  • Tutorial - Me

[multipage=Video Tutorial by DiJiTaLGoDz]

Also if you get stuck follow this video tutorial by You must login or register to view this content. it may help you out!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WF_3qmyhD0[/ame]

If you do remember to thank him You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by juddylovespizza ; 05-23-2011 at 11:53 PM.

The following 316 users say thank you to juddylovespizza for this useful post:

-Lazy-, -NextGenMayhem-, -ScreaM-, |ManiaC|, $oulja, Midnight.eGo, 465harris, Ada Wong, adam-the-pwner, AgentSexyPig, ajbinky, ajt_894, albania123, Alec-Syn_A7x, ALL-STAR-SMOKEY, allant, amuzz10, AnthonyINFAMOUS, Arman M., asdfAdrian, Asmel, AstrailDemigod, aTHIRSTYfish, Bad_Wolf, badboyke, balerdoni, BaNk-R0BbeR-, baseball-playa7, Ben, Bentham, bertieboy7, billionk, bizman, BLACKUPDATE, Blade X, BladeJx, Brian235026, Calebbeast, chat912, Chiddy, Chill, CHuRCHYx, cluckin bell, Clutch Hunterr, cmms07, CODFTW, Codi360, Commodent, cood5, Counter1602, CracK3r, CRACKbomber, crev, Cryptic, cryzer, Curt, CyBeR_TrOn, cyberjamie12, D-tained, DAHENNERZZ, Danny-911, DecDeviL, DEREKTROTTER, dfrost182, DiJiTaLGoDz, DinoFreak, DiogoPT7, Diplo, divybc, djkickin6, djscoopOwnz, Dr_Swag, DR-Dizzy, DragonSooth, Drogash, dustin13029, effinTyler, Epic?, SweatyMidgets, exTacy Angel, Fayez, FireWire, FlamminBlammin, fremzes, friezzie, Fuser's Hoe, GaLaXy98-q8, Galbiy, gameoverrg, Gentlemen, Geordie4life2, Ghostly_Modz, Girby2K11, Gleno_CfC, GNDOOOR_KILLER, gokugamer, Gold Star, goldensun77 and 216 other users.
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM #2
The1youSeek
Do a barrel roll!
In the process of reading but just thought i'd leave a reply. gonna try and reply if it works

EDIT: wORKS PERFECTLY. NICE TUTORIAL.......EVERYBODY +REP THIS GUY. IT WOOOOORKS
Last edited by The1youSeek ; 01-09-2011 at 09:21 PM.
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM #3
Thanks Juddy :y:
EDIT: This works the problem might be you have to copy twice
Last edited by Manxlad619 ; 01-09-2011 at 09:22 PM.

The following user thanked Manxlad619 for this useful post:

IcyDose
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM #4
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
does it really work juddy? havent tried yet

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

tree-22
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM #5
just tried it doesn't work it pops up with a error

The following user thanked JTAGXENON for this useful post:

savillbros
01-09-2011, 08:59 PM #6
manster
League Champion
works 100 % Legit :y:

friend tested

The following 2 users say thank you to manster for this useful post:

Hakaan, lDaNG3Rl
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM #7
i Hope it work i well try it
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM #8
mateo124
Bounty hunter
IT DOES NOT WORK. Yes it installs, yes it runs, but copying patches DOES NOT WORK. It is able to delete them though, I was able to delete my Mossy v8 patch from my PS3 and supposedly it copies it but the mod menu does not show up in MW2.

The following user thanked mateo124 for this useful post:

CodingNation
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM #9
qwerew
Member Of The Pewdiepie Bro Army
Won't work for me. Once I transfer the file and go into a private match it's normal

The following user thanked qwerew for this useful post:

Counter1602
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM #10
vyselegend
Pokemon Trainer
This doesn't work. I'm using BLUS-30377 and when I go into a private match or splitscreen everythings normal. I'm using the latest Mossy one.

The following 3 users say thank you to vyselegend for this useful post:

Counter1602, danielsarpa, NickDons

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo