Post: PS3 Gamesave Hacking FTP/FILE Manger TUTORIAL (FF13, GT5, and More))
01-11-2011, 06:22 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Props to butnut over at PSX-SCENE
FF13 Gamesave hack is much requested and here it is.
Also i would appreciate this if Mods did not Move this to Premium, we need all the saves people can supply and also i like to keep stuff that was already made to the public stay public
So pretty much its what we have been doing for a long time with the file swap over the computer, however lately games have been coming up with "Corrputed data" or "Copy from another user"
However it appears that there is a bypass of this for some games, where you can swap those very same files you did before and not come up with a "Corrupted" or "other user" error.

You Need:
CFW/MFW PS3
FTP or File manager
someone else gamesave

Originally posted by another user
This will allow you to load a save from another console and still be able to save.

Steps:

1. Obtain someone else's save, eg: MRTC00003-02. given this designation, this will be a save that goes in save slot 3.

2. Using your game and console, create a save that will match the save slot of the save you obtained. Leave this save on your hdd.

3. Use comgeine's file manager or ftp to transfer the app.dat and param.pfd from the save you obtained to the save you just created.

4. Start FF XIII and navigate to your "hybrid" save, ignore the description of the save and just load it. Then save again, and you're done.

you cannot swap these files on your computer then use the xmb to transfer the save to your console because it will say the data is corrupt. Hope this helps.

Also some users on other site claim trophies even work

Now this is interesting because normally it would say its another user or data is corrupted when you do it straight from the computers. Other games have been confirmed working with this method,

Infact a jump over the GT5 Forums suggest that it can be done with GT5 (looking into it as soon as my 9 hours endurance is over)

You must login or register to view this content.

So we need someone with a good save (i will upload mine once the race s over, 83% done with the game and 63% of trophies)

I will continue to update this thread with games i have tested it out with

God of war 3: Seem that any of the files i switched i still eneded up with corrupted data or different users.

Soon to test:
GT5 (looking into hex data, saw a post saying edit everything with 41 except for the first 2 lines)
Bat Man (attempt to copy locked data another users in order to copy to mine)
Demon souls (attempt to transfer lock data from other user in order to copy to mine)
Assassin Creed 2
Assassin Creed Brotherhood
LBP1

Tutorial:

Okay now your on a CFW with File Manager Installed already and you have a gamesave. Essentially this is the same as doing it with FTP.

1. With the gamesave on the USB in the apprpiate folders (PS3-------GAMESAVEs----------(Your save/other user save)) put USB into PS3
2. Start File manager
3. Navigate to your USB on file Manager and locate the save (it should have the game ID)
4. Now open it to view the files inside.
5. Now on the right side do to dev_HD00 (i think thats what its called i can't remember)
6. In Dev go to "HOME" Folder, this is where your SAVEDATA folder will be. now i tried this last night so i might be wrong here.
7. Now go to SAVEDATA and find the same game ID SAVE DATA there
8. From here just copy (Trial and error) data and see if you can get the save to work on the PS3

Also it would be great if you guys don't quote the whole thread it's just one thing that annoys me a bit to see the exact same thread practically reposted and it ends up taking space like this message

And please don't repost this on 100times on NGU like other people tuts have been in the past few days
Last edited by Nitrowolf2 ; 01-12-2011 at 01:29 AM.

The following 15 users say thank you to Nitrowolf2 for this useful post:

angel_of_deth, Asmel, DevourCrestCurse, gokugamer, Goldcomet, HaRdCoRe_NL, mathilda, Mr. Star, nguhakz, NYdragon89, RedZebra, smushpie, Solid Snake, VHS, Zero4ph
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM #2
Last edited by Lidawano ; 07-09-2016 at 11:07 AM.

The following user thanked Lidawano for this useful post:

wls1012
01-11-2011, 06:35 PM #3
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
Props to butnut over at PSX-SCENE
So pretty much its what we have been doing for a long time with the file swap over the computer, however lately games have been coming up with "Corrputed data" or "Copy from another user"
However it appears that there is a bypass of this for some games, where you can swap those very same files you did before and not come up with a "Corrupted" or "other user" error.

You Need:
CFW/MFW PS3
FTP or File manager
someone else gamesave

Also some users on other site claim trophies even work

Now this is interesting because normally it would say its another user or data is corrupted when you do it straight from the computers. Other games have been confirmed working with this method,

Infact a jump over the GT5 Forums suggest that it can be done with GT5 (looking into it as soon as my 9 hours endurance is over)

So we need someone with a good save (i will upload mine once the race s over, 83% done with the game and 63% of trophies)

I will continue to update this thread with games i have tested it out with

God of war 3: Seem that any of the files i switched i still eneded up with corrupted data or different users.

Soon to test:
GT5
Bat Man (attempt to copy locked data another users in order to copy to mine)
Demon souls (attempt to transfer lock data from other user in order to copy to mine)
Assassin Creed 2
Assassin Creed Brotherhood
LBP1

Tutorial:

Okay now your on a CFW with File Manager Installed already and you have a gamesave. Essentially this is the same as doing it with FTP.

1. With the gamesave on the USB in the apprpiate folders (PS3-------GAMESAVEs----------(Your save/other user save)) put USB into PS3
2. Start File manager
3. Navigate to your USB on file Manager and locate the save (it should have the game ID)
4. Now open it to view the files inside.
5. Now on the right side do to dev_HD00 (i think thats what its called i can't remember)
6. In Dev go to "HOME" Folder, this is where your SAVEDATA folder will be. now i tried this last night so i might be wrong here.
7. Now go to SAVEDATA and find the same game ID SAVE DATA there
8. From here just copy (Trial and error) data and see if you can get the save to work on the PS3

lmao I was about to make a thread about this I just tried it with FFXIII and got one trophy to pop up (the one where you max the crystarium for a character.) So if we can figure out a way to get all of them to pop then we actually could get all of the trophies we wanted so long as people had saves for platinums.
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM #4
Originally posted by RedOctane2 View Post
lmao I was about to make a thread about this I just tried it with FFXIII and got one trophy to pop up (the one where you max the crystarium for a character.) So if we can figure out a way to get all of them to pop then we actually could get all of the trophies we wanted so long as people had saves for platinums.

idk if we can get them all to pop up, but people could def make trophies more easy. Also i'm not sure like i said still waiting on gt5 which has 2 hours left, i think a good amount of trophies will pop up then.
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM #5
Cooler
Supreme
I did this with Final Fantasy last night and it worked.

Talk to the robot and trophy pops.

Upgrade Lightening, Master Seal should pop. Teleport to Centeral Expanse, 5 star the very first cithe mission and you should get the trophy for 5 staring them all. You can also get the trophy for killing a Long Gui because your characters are maxed out.

Hope this helps.

Credit goes to nomanisland for the saves.

The following 3 users say thank you to Cooler for this useful post:

mathilda, smushpie, Usernamee
01-11-2011, 07:00 PM #6
Holy crap I am going to try this when I get home tonight. You guys are the best! Thank you guys really!
01-11-2011, 07:06 PM #7
where do u get other peoples game saves lol
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM #8
jkry_2_1_
Call Me The CodFather
if anyone has castle crashers with tons of level 99's id sluge

The following user thanked jkry_2_1_ for this useful post:

CristinaRawr
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM #9
Originally posted by Jaketownsend123 View Post
where do u get other peoples game saves lol

they are all over the web, like FF13 get them from Gamefaqs or use the links above that cooler posted.

Games that have locked saves can be transfered to computer through FTP

i will be starting a new thread with saves in trophy hacking section once i am done with GT5 races for games that were confirmed that don't work before
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM #10
KinGKyl3
Paulie Walnuts
Could this make it possible to hack Fifa Ultimate Team 11?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo