Post: How to find the game id of psn games for use with adogalog's ps3pkg site find!
01-25-2011, 05:14 AM #1
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

^That is a link to adogalog's thread. I just wanted to show how you can find the sku or game id of the psn game your trying to find updates for im using prince of persia sands of time hd as an example here...

Step 1: Log on to psn ON YOUR COMPUTER for the respective region you wish to find the sku for us its us.playstation.com

Step 2: After that search for the game you want using the search bar on left side of the screen at the bottom of the buttons. After you have found the page of the game you want to find an update for hit control + u to bring up source code of the page.

Step 3: you should see a page of code similar to something like this
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"https://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html lang="en" xml:lang="en" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head><meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><script language="JavaScript">
var _U = "undefined";
var g_HttpRelativeWebRoot = "/pscomauth/";
var SSContributor = false;
var SSForceContributor = false;
var SSHideContributorUI = false;
var ssUrlPrefix = "../../";

var g_navNode_Path = new Array();
g_navNode_Path[0] = '210';
g_navNode_Path[1] = '231';
g_navNode_Path[2] = '232';
var g_ssSourceNodeId = "232";
var g_ssSourceSiteId = "usplaystation";
var g_strLanguageId = "en";
</script>

<!-- SS_BEGIN_SNIPPET(fragment30,1)-->

<title>Prince of Persia® Sands of Time HD | Games | Games & Media - PlayStation.com</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Prince of Persia® Sands of Time HD"/>

<meta name="description" content=""/>
<meta name="Author" content="Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC"/>
<meta name="Distribution" content="global"/>
<meta name="Robots" content="all"/>
<meta name="Copyright" content="Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC"/>

<!-- SS_END_SNIPPET(fragment30,1)-->

<meta name="productType" content="Game" />
<meta name="gamePlatform" content="PS3" />

<meta name="gameTitle" content="Prince of Persia® Sands of Time HD" />
<meta name="gameReleasedDate" content="11.2010"/>
<meta name="gameLongDescription" content="

<p>
Drawn to the dark powers of a magic dagger, a young Prince is led to unleash a deadly evil upon a beautiful kingdom. Aided by the wiles of a seductive princess and the absolute powers of the Sands of Time, the Prince stages a harrowing quest to reclaim the Palace's cursed chambers and restore peace to his land.</br>
<br/> An unmatched hero: Wielding powers of mythic proportions, the Prince returns to action-adventure gaming with gravity-defying acrobatics, ferocious fighting skills, and the ability to bend time to fulfill his destiny.</br>
<br/> Exotic worlds and vast kingdoms: Uncover the mysteries of a world never before explored in action-adventure gaming. Medieval Persia, mythical and deadly, holds a staggering array of landscapes and kingdoms to explore and conquer. </br>
<br/> A sweeping adventure of betrayal and triumph: The epic legends and deadly creatures of mythic Persia burn to life in this suspense-filled tale, featuring more twists and turns than the labyrinthine Palace itself.

</p>

"/>
<meta name="gameShortDescription" content="

<p>
Drawn to the dark powers of a magic dagger, a young Prince is led to unleash a deadly evil upon a beautiful kingdom. Aided by the wiles of a seductive princess and the absolute powers of the Sands of Time, the Prince stages a harrowing quest to reclaim the Palace's cursed chambers and restore peace to his land.</br>
<br/> An unmatched hero: Wielding powers of mythic proportions, the Prince returns to action-adventure gaming with gravity-defying acrobatics, ferocious fighting skills, and the ability to bend time to fulfill his destiny.</br>
<br/> Exotic worlds and vast kingdoms: Uncover the mysteries of a world never before explored in action-adventure gaming. Medieval Persia, mythical and deadly, holds a staggering array of landscapes and kingdoms to explore and conquer. </br>
<br/> A sweeping adventure of betrayal and triumph: The epic legends and deadly creatures of mythic Persia burn to life in this suspense-filled tale, featuring more twists and turns than the labyrinthine Palace itself.

</p>

"/>
<meta name="gamePublisher" content="Ubisoft"/>
<meta name="gameImageUrl" content="https://webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/npub-30303-packfront.jpg"/>
<meta name="hasTrailer" content=""/>
<meta name="gameRating" content="TEEN"/>
<meta name="partOfGame" content="Prince of Persia® Sands of Time HD"/>

[COLOR="Red"]<meta name="SKU-ID" content="NPUB-30303"/>[/COLOR]
<meta name="last-modified" content="2010-12-27"/>

The part in red at the bottom is the sku or game id of the game you were looking for so for instance this would be NPUB30303.

Hope I helped i've been wondering how to do this for awhile myself so I decided to try doing this when I was bored and found out it works so I thought I would share.
Last edited by TechMemphis ; 01-25-2011 at 06:11 AM.

The following user thanked TechMemphis for this useful post:

ZachFean
01-25-2011, 05:21 AM #2
cool beans
01-25-2011, 05:26 AM #3
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ChinoNino View Post
cool beans

I thought so anyway that way for those people who wanna stay off psn they can still update there psn games without having to login to psn... at least on there playstation anyway.
01-25-2011, 08:23 AM #4
smushpie
Can’t trickshot me!
or you can go to ur game folder in your ps3 root folder and look at each icon to see which folder has the psn game you want
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM #5
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by smushpie View Post
or you can go to ur game folder in your ps3 root folder and look at each icon to see which folder has the psn game you want

According to Adogalog's thread though you can get some full psn games from that site. I haven't gotten a chance to really try too much as I won't be near my ps3 for awhile but I managed to find a few full games which I may put in another post later gotta finish some other stuff first. Also some psn games I have don't show me the sku id but have the name of the game instead this was just for anyone curious or those ppl who don't wanna use file manager or black box as they show up in some other file that smokin 1337 found that makes the wipe history useless because its in a different file that can't be erased... if Sony has access to it. Its a .dat can't remember exactly what it was called though but its one of his post.
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM #6
Or just look on the game disc :black:
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM #7
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
Or just look on the game disc :black:

There isn't a game disc for games downloaded off psn.
01-25-2011, 09:38 PM #8
Originally posted by greenwolfe7 View Post
There isn't a game disc for games downloaded off psn.

FTP then :black:
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM #9
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
FTP then :black:

As above smokin 1337 the maker of wipe history found a file that has your log information on it that can't be erased the only thing that didn't show up was multiman as far as applications go. So for those that wanna use cfw and be a little safe and don't wanna use black box or other ftp apps they can download updates without even connecting to the internet via ps3. File Manager apps also showed on this file ill try to find his post later and add to main post.
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM #10
MustyX
NextGenUpdate Elite
Or an easier way is to just go to Google and type in a games name and the BLES or BLUS you want.

Example. Type in Google Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit BLES

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo