05-24-2011, 05:56 PM #1
khalids19
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A Hardware & Software Developer by the nickname @uf6667 has recently been playing around with the PS3 system, and has managed to make a complete dump of the 16mb NOR flash!

It all started with posting of this twitter image, with the simple title of Soon...:
You must login or register to view this content.
Youtube video:

PS3 NOR Flash Dumping

This is great progress in the PS3 world, first some talk about dual-nand's, now REAL progress in dumping the actual NOR flash!

We can only imagine what will be next! Stay Tuned!

News Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Source :You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by khalids19 ; 05-24-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: i forgot source
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM #2
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Originally posted by khalids19 View Post
A Hardware & Software Developer by the nickname @uf6667 has recently been playing around with the PS3 system, and has managed to make a complete dump of the 16mb NOR flash!

It all started with posting of this twitter image, with the simple title of Soon...:

Youtube video:

PS3 NOR Flash Dumping

This is great progress in the PS3 world, first some talk about dual-nand's, now REAL progress in dumping the actual NOR flash!

We can only imagine what will be next! Stay Tuned!

News Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Source :You must login or register to view this content.

I just hate the fact that people post this stuff, and have no clue what it means.

The following 4 users say thank you to ZoneHD for this useful post:

bl4ckburn, khalids19, TechMemphis, ZeroOo
05-24-2011, 06:04 PM #3
khalids19
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ZoneHD View Post
I just hate the fact that people post this stuff, and have no clue what it means.

this means that the scene is alive!!! lol...at least i submitted it for you to see ryt?
05-24-2011, 06:49 PM #4
manster
League Champion
You must login or register to view this content. did this back in february

Originally posted by another user
Again, Why is this news? This has been done long ago, I did this back in feb with a Teensy++ 2.0 here: You must login or register to view this content.

Here is my dump for all to see: You must login or register to view this content.
You will also find a dump of graf's in his coolstuff.rar, if you have graf's kernel, you can dump your own flash without a hadware flasher.

bootldr and metldr are encrypted with per console keys, eid is encrypted also. I documented the flash filesystem format here: You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo