08-20-2011, 04:18 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); All right everyone it seems that team REBUG is up to it again. They are currently in the testing stages of running a full debug firmware on a retail ps3, Which many have said is impossible. As of right now REBUG firmware CoreOS is still CEX, with debug features enabled. More info below.

Originally posted by another user
In this video you can see the PS3 first booting and then BEEPING.

* This is normal, if someone installs an full official DEBUG PUP via Service Mode on a Retail Console.

Next you see Cyber booting on his PS3 using a USB Jailbreak Dongle!

* This time the PS3 boots-up and is a fully 100% DEBUG firmware, no crashing or beeping, loads right into the XMB!

This is all possible by the Codename: REBUG team developing their own “custom payload” loaded for usage on the old v3.41 Jailbreak dongles!

Quote of a message from Cyberskunk to GaryOPA
Originally posted by another user
Hey Gary,

The vid we sent you uses a dongle to boot the DEX COREOS on retail console as we thought that to be more conclusive since you can mimic the DEX XMB quite easily..

We can however boot it without the dongle but before everyone gets excited being able to boot the DEX COREOS and getting all of its functions up and running without rehashing (converting) your console are two completely different problems.

Source:You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to Bama205 for this useful post:

Stack0verfl0w, YnO

The following user groaned Bama205 for this awful post:

User23434
08-20-2011, 04:24 AM #2
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
thats good to know ....

i think.

The following user thanked YnO for this useful post:

swerve420
08-20-2011, 04:27 AM #3
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by Bama205 View Post
All right everyone it seems that team REBUG is up to it again. They are currently in the testing stages of running a full debug firmware on a retail ps3, Which many have said is impossible. As of right now REBUG firmware CoreOS is still CEX, with debug features enabled. More info below.

Quote of a message from Cyberskunk to GaryOPA

Source:You must login or register to view this content.

great news they used a payload xD we going back in time to 3.41 lol dongle
08-20-2011, 04:54 AM #4
Originally posted by YnO View Post
thats good to know ....

i think.
i hope they work everything out and release it soonGaspkay:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by Coding View Post
great news they used a payload xD we going back in time to 3.41 lol dongle
whatever works bro :carling:

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

bump bump Gaspkay:
08-20-2011, 04:55 AM #5
wowaka
Former Staff
I updated my 3.41 :fa:
08-20-2011, 05:32 AM #6
MarijuanaBlunts
I Love Marijuana
I posted this like 40 mins too late and i even searched and didnt find it... lol whatever and am i right to thinking u can upgrade and downgrade at will? i could be wrong... i know this is huge lol
08-20-2011, 05:41 AM #7
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
Originally posted by rbober316 View Post
I posted this like 40 mins too late and i even searched and didnt find it... lol whatever and am i right to thinking u can upgrade and downgrade at will? i could be wrong... i know this is huge lol

youre not to far from reality :FTW:

i have debug and OOOOOMG !!!
08-20-2011, 05:49 AM #8
MarijuanaBlunts
I Love Marijuana
the thing that makes me sooo happy is its coming from rebug and they are so legit and amazing devs ... rebug cfw is the shit!!! , im still on rebug 3.55 with 3.70 spoof and a qa flagged console and said i wouldnt update untill i have a legit reason and i havent found one yet or maybe until now lol , good timing for MW3 and BF3 ! Unsure if it will be possible to also run 3.60+ games on it, but if im right this leads to the ps3 being opened up farther than its ever been? I hope someone on NGU can shed some more light on this...

The following user thanked MarijuanaBlunts for this useful post:

w8t4it
08-20-2011, 06:08 AM #9
my thread looks better :p

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

the thing that makes me sooo happy is its coming from rebug and they are so legit and amazing devs ... rebug cfw is the shit!!! , im still on rebug 3.55 with 3.70 spoof and a qa flagged console and said i wouldnt update untill i have a legit reason and i havent found one yet or maybe until now lol , good timing for MW3 and BF3 ! Unsure if it will be possible to also run 3.60+ games on it, but if im right this leads to the ps3 being opened up farther than its ever been? I hope someone on NGU can shed some more light on this...
yes Code Name Rebug are 100% legit!
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM #10
bump bump =D

The following user groaned Bama205 for this awful post:

CodingNation

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo