Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: PlayStation 3 Gets YouTube Integration

NanuGama YouTube.com/NanuGama

Join Date May 2008

Posts 3,397

Membership Donator

06-07-2008 10:16 AM #1 PlayStation 3 Gets YouTube Integration

Get ready for YouTube to be flooded with videos of in-game PlayStation 3 content.

Sony has integrated the latest collection of YouTube APIs to the PlayStation 3, giving game developers the option of allowing in-game video to be uploaded straight to the site.

Even better, this new functionality can be added to older games through an update -- case in point, the feature is now available to players of Mainichi Issho (Everday Together), a free downloadable game featuring Toro, the famous cat character of the Doko Demo Issho (Together Everywhere) series.

"Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube," writes Nikhil Chandhok, product manager for YouTube Syndication. "Whether it's showing off that fantastic touchdown pass, car slide, or karaoke sing-along, we hope that more user-generated content from games will make their way to YouTube and connect with the gamer communities."

Looks like the art of machinima -- the technique of creating animations through a game engine -- is about to get a big shot in the arm.

Let The Games Begin [YouTube API Blog, via GamesIndustry.biz]
    Source : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NanuGama For This Useful Post:

soad08 Banana Joe

Join Date May 2008

Posts 4,586

Membership Donator

06-08-2008 12:04 PM #11

Anyone knows the release-date for it ???
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mystery? I hate the Ford Focus

Join Date May 2008

Posts 961

Membership Standard

06-08-2008 12:41 PM #12

Of course you can edit them!!!

You can save them on your hard disk and then put it in your flash drive.

Go to your computer and then use whatever you use to edit videos.
    Youtube: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Join my website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    PSN Username (Main): NextGenMystery

Join Date May 2008

Posts 3,397

Membership Donator

06-08-2008 02:45 PM #13

Quote Originally Posted by soad08 View Post
    Anyone knows the release-date for it ???
    I think June 10th
    All I know is that the next update wil be released on that date (I was told)

I Hope I Helped You ^

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Glory View Post
    Of course you can edit them!!!

You can save them on your hard disk and then put it in your flash drive.

Go to your computer and then use whatever you use to edit videos.

Yeah ... I Agree

But, what if its goes to YouTube automatically?
    Then you may not be able to edit them
    Last edited by Billy_Boy_07; 06-09-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Join Date May 2008

Posts 3,397

Membership Donator

06-08-2008 03:02 PM #14 More info

i have found more info
    here it is :

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has announced that it is integrating the YouTube API to allow developers to add video uploading to their titles. The first game to utilize the new feature is Mainichi Issho, a free Japanese PSN title that debuted in November 2006. As seen in the screenshot above, you will now be able to upload in-game video to YouTube for sharing from inside the game.

No other title has been announced to use the YouTube API, either for a new title or updating an exiting game. Our dream? YouTube uploads with LittleBigPlanet. It seems like a no-brainer.

Demonstrating a new way to build commercial applications on an API, Google’s YouTube team have announced a new partnership with Sony that uses the YouTube API to allow players to record gameplay and upload clips directly to YouTube from their game console:

We are happy to announce that PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3TM) has integrated the YouTube APIs to allow game developers to create games that enable direct upload of in-game video captures to YouTube. This YouTube upload functionality can be incorporated not only into new PS3 game titles, but also existing PS3 titles that have the ability to receive network updates. Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has added YouTube functionality to Mainichi Issho, a popular game with PS3 users in Japan. Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube. We’re excited at the opportunity this presents and look forward to more and more games to be enhanced with YouTube.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Back in March, we launched the new YouTube APIs and Tools, with the goal of making YouTube an open video services platform and available for use by any website, desktop application, or consumer device. Today, we are announcing a new partnership that takes advantage of the YouTube APIs in a new and interesting way.

We are happy to announce that PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3TM) has integrated the YouTube APIs to allow game developers to create games that enable direct upload of in-game video captures to YouTube. This YouTube upload functionality can be incorporated not only into new PS3 game titles, but also existing PS3 titles that have the ability to receive network updates. Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has added YouTube functionality to Mainichi Issho, a popular game with PS3 users in Japan. Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube. We're excited at the opportunity this presents and look forward to more and more games to be enhanced with YouTube.

The YouTube APIs are available to all developers and we hope that game developers everywhere will use the YouTube APIs to make video an integral part of their game experience. Whether it's showing off that fantastic touchdown pass, car slide, or karaoke sing-along, we hope that more user-generated content from games will make their way to YouTube and connect with the gamer communities.

Let the games begin!

Sony has confirmed that developers can now integrate YouTube functionality in upcoming or existing PlayStation 3 games.

YouTube's new development tools will enable gamers to capture and upload footage recorded while playing games, according to an announcement made on its blog API.

"This YouTube upload functionality can be incorporated not only into new PS3 game titles, but also existing PS3 titles that have the ability to receive network updates," explained a YouTube statement.

"Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube. We're excited at the opportunity this presents and look forward to more and more games to be enhanced with YouTube," the statement added.

Cobra-Funking-D Smells Like Teen Spirit

Join Date May 2008

Posts 1,847

Membership Donator

06-08-2008 06:23 PM #15

I posted this a while back but i can't find it so its good that we have this one.
    glitching is not cheating, its called being clever

8. Join Date May 2008

Posts 1,216

Membership Banned

06-08-2008 07:37 PM #16

Quote Originally Posted by nanugama View Post
    i have found more info
    here it is :

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sweet finds but OMG triple post?LMAO,were you trying to acheive something with all these finds you have been showing lately because holy I never saw triple post before lol,but still good info.

Mystery? I hate the Ford Focus

Join Date May 2008

Posts 961

Membership Standard

06-08-2008 11:19 PM #17

Nanugama:

You can edit them because I saw more information about them giving you an option to save it to your hard disk or upload them to Youtube
    Youtube: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Join my website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    PSN Username (Main): NextGenMystery

Join Date May 2008

Posts 3,397

Membership Donator

06-09-2008 07:28 PM #18

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Glory View Post
    Nanugama:

You can edit them because I saw more information about them giving you an option to save it to your hard disk or upload them to Youtube
    Oh... Thanks for the info
    Can you post the info ina thread or even here ?

Join Date May 2008

Posts 3,397

Membership Donator

06-09-2008 07:30 PM #19

Um ... Thanks
    Yeah ... I was kinda trying to achieve something(tryin to contribute to the site)
    Thanks anyway I guess :P

+tA.element I ♥ GFX

Join Date May 2008

Posts 965

Membership Donator

06-09-2008 07:50 PM #20

sweet no more capture cards hahaha sucks for the ppl that bought them

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard."