Post: Sony accused George Hotz of leaving for a trip while being sued.
03-25-2011, 06:22 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Sony court has filed a claim that PS3 hacker George 'Geohot' Hotz (the guy who jailbroke the PS3) fled the country to South America in order to avoid handing over hard drives containing valuable information. "Hotz is now in South America, an excuse for why he will not immediately provide the components of his hard drives.

However, Sony's filing didnt tell the truth, argues Hotz's attorney Stewart Kellar. According to Kellar, the trip to South America was not made in order to avoid turning over the components. "You can never take a vacation from a lawsuit. Mr. Hotz has had to make himself available 24/7, which has been quite demanding on him," explained Kellar in an email to IGN. "You have to remember that Mr. Hotz didn't choose to fight this battle, but now that he has been sued, he has put his heart into fighting this case that has enormous implications for consumers world-wide."

Kellar also responded to concerns that Hotz had used donations to fund his trip, which is not true. Any questions about Mr. Hotz has using donation money to take a trip to South America, that's pretty silly dont you think?. Litigating against a massive company like Sony, who is represented by five attorneys, is very costly for a 21-year-old," Kellar added. "The donation money George has received is being used exclusively for his legal defense. If there are any funds left after the lawsuit, George is deciding to donate the money to the EFF [Electronic Frontier Foundation]." I think this is really good of Geo.

He responded on his personal blog ‘GEOHOT GOT SUED.’

The post made on March 23 says:

Originally posted by another user
Apparently, I have fled the country. ROFL

Factually, it's true I'm in South America, on a vacation I've had planned and paid for since November. I mean, it is Spring break; hacking isn't my life. Rest assured that not a dime of legal defense money would ever go toward something like this. And of course Townsend loves the idea of painting me as an international fugitive. I have been in contact with my lawyers almost every day; I would not let the case suffer. That said, I also won't let this ridiculous lawsuit run my life either. Then the fearmongerers win.

I will be back, I hear it's hard to come by the Xperia Play down here.

Source : You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Bomb789 ; 03-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Bomb789 for this useful post:

Black-Ops-, iDinosaurr, JokerLol
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM #20
IzBoogz
Reppin Brooklyn
Originally posted by Derank View Post
Thanks the infomation and nicely writen might i say?

Nice Geohotz, you can't really blame him it is spring break!

LMFAOO!!! wow im so slow today yooo, i didnt even pay attention Happy

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Originally posted by Bomb789 View Post
i think they want to teach all the other hackers out their that this is what will happen if you mess with sony

well i think that a very huge mistake then. because the more you try to make people an example of, the hungrier the person get to fight back
03-25-2011, 07:48 PM #21
Black-Ops-
I <3 NGU!
You must login or register to view this content.

Sony court has filed a claim that PS3 hacker George 'Geohot' Hotz (the guy who jailbroke the PS3) fled the country to South America in order to avoid handing over hard drives containing valuable information. "Hotz is now in South America, an excuse for why he will not immediately provide the components of his hard drives.

However, Sony's filing didnt tell the truth, argues Hotz's attorney Stewart Kellar. According to Kellar, the trip to South America was not made in order to avoid turning over the components. "You can never take a vacation from a lawsuit. Mr. Hotz has had to make himself available 24/7, which has been quite demanding on him," explained Kellar in an email to IGN. "You have to remember that Mr. Hotz didn't choose to fight this battle, but now that he has been sued, he has put his heart into fighting this case that has enormous implications for consumers world-wide."

Kellar also responded to concerns that Hotz had used donations to fund his trip, which is not true. Any questions about Mr. Hotz has using donation money to take a trip to South America, that's pretty silly dont you think?. Litigating against a massive company like Sony, who is represented by five attorneys, is very costly for a 21-year-old," Kellar added. "The donation money George has received is being used exclusively for his legal defense. If there are any funds left after the lawsuit, George is deciding to donate the money to the EFF [Electronic Frontier Foundation]." I think this is really good of Geo.

He responded on his personal blog ‘GEOHOT GOT SUED.’

The post made on March 23 says:

Source : You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for posting this, but why are there five threads of this. I made the first one, than others just pretty much made their own.

It's why we have a search bar here on "NGU"

Just saying, and in no way am I criticizing you at all! :p +Rep
03-25-2011, 07:51 PM #22
Originally posted by Black
Thanks for posting this, but why are there five threads of this. I made the first one, than others just pretty much made their own.

It's why we have a search bar here on "NGU"

Just saying, and in no way am I criticizing you at all! :p +Rep

sorry but i just thought that they were all copy and pasted so i did a more detailed thread

The following user thanked Bomb789 for this useful post:

Black-Ops-
03-25-2011, 07:59 PM #23
Black-Ops-
I <3 NGU!
sorry but i just thought that they were all copy and pasted so i did a more detailed thread
Don't apologize, thanks for the thread. I'm just referring to a lot of threads lately being posted more than needed. lol
03-25-2011, 08:16 PM #24
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Posted before but good information :y:
03-25-2011, 08:46 PM #25
My Hate
At least I can fight
Herp a Derp. :y:
03-25-2011, 09:08 PM #26
HomelandSec
League Champion
Thanks for this information....
03-25-2011, 10:43 PM #27
oh my god sony! what are they doing, getting so much hatred by people ,i mean what do they gain from this... after all they changed the way on how to jb 3.60+ thats really annoying i dont know what they gain....
03-26-2011, 04:00 AM #28
patz
Save Point
i think they want to teach all the other hackers out their that this is what will happen if you mess with sony

I agree. I think they just want to let everybody know not to hack their systems, legally or illegally.

Geohot wouldn't be sued if he stayed anonymous anyway.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo