Post: PlayStation Now Could Add PS4, PS2, and PS1 Games, Sony Says
09-14-2014, 08:14 AM #1
vRoyale
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony's game streaming service PlayStation Now could get PlayStation 4, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 1 games in addition to the PlayStation 3 games it's currently offering, the company has said.

You must login or register to view this content.

What is PlayStation Now?
Playstation Now is a cloud-based service much like Netflix or Spotify, but for gaming. It hosts a wide collection of PlayStation 3 archive titles initially (around 100 games), with the potential to include PSOne, PS2, PSP and PS Vita games too in the future. You will be able to access them at your leisure, eventually playing them instantly on any device that has access to the service and a half-decent internet connection. At the moment that's restricted to the PS4.

"In our plans going forward we’re looking at everything so there’s the real possibility that you’ll see PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 4 titles available," VP of Sony Network Entertainment Eric Lempel told Game Informer in an interview. "Right now it’s just PlayStation 3, but these are all options for the future."

How much does it cost?
Eventually there will be two payment options. However, for the launch of the Open Beta it is only offering games for rental. You can rent single games for four hours from a fee of $1.99 for certain titles, $2.99 for more recent ones. The fees go up to $14.99 for 90 days rental of a single game.

Eric Lempel, VP of Sony Network Entertainment, said that Sony is currently looking at making changes to PlayStation Now's pricing model based on user feedback. As we've pointed out before, with rental prices that run as high as $49.99, and no way to access digital games you've purchased previously on PSN, prices are currently way too high. Lempel didn't specify future prices, but PlayStation Now did recently introduce game rentals for as low as $1.99.

Sony plans to introduce a monthly subscription too, but the price is unknown. As is whether all games will be included or just a package of titles.

Finally, Lempel said that so far PlayStation Now is going "tremendously well," with "overwhelmingly positive" feedback from users, 80 percent of which said they're having a good experience with the games on the service.

PlayStation Now has been in open beta since the end of July.

The following 3 users say thank you to vRoyale for this useful post:

Alt, ⚔Spanners⚔, Budz
09-14-2014, 08:39 AM #2
i want playboy: the mansion Drack
09-14-2014, 10:35 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Would you get trophies from PS3 games on your PS4 if you rented a game?

I like the idea of playing some PS1 games and reliving my childhood Enzo
09-14-2014, 11:30 AM #4
vRoyale
Are you high?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Would you get trophies from PS3 games on your PS4 if you rented a game?

I like the idea of playing some PS1 games and reliving my childhood Enzo

Trophies on PlayStation Now are earned in the same way as retail PS3 games. Any trophies you earn playing games via PS Now will appear in your Trophy Collection; however, in order for your trophies to appear, they first have to be synced from the PS Now server to PSN.

To sync your trophies:

1. Start a PS Now game stream from any PS Now compatible device.
  2. Once the game is streaming, short-press the PS button to access the PS Now Player Menu.
  3. Choose [PS Now XMB]
  4. Select [Trophies]
  5. Choose [Trophy Collection]

Once you perform the above steps any trophies you have earned for a game will sync whenever you launch that game on PS Now.
09-15-2014, 03:44 PM #5
Budz
Former Staff
Hm...I could imagine now playing Tony Hawk on my Ps4. Wait no! I imagine myself playing Spyro! No wait! I imagine myself playing METAL GEAR SOLID :megusta:
09-15-2014, 07:46 PM #6
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
PS Now is currently awful. Why would you pay for a service that is being tested and has problems? That's ridiculous. You don't pay $1.99 to play a game for an hour or $14.99 to play a game for 90 days because when you go to a store you pay $20 and get to keep the full game. I don't have the best wi-fi connection, but a decent modem that gives me 5 GHZ and PS4 doesn't support it so over wi-fi you would be screwed with PS Now, I tested it and it was awful. I didn't get a chance to test the wired because my modem is too far from my Playstation, however I will try this option in the future, but with current pricing, it would be impossible to test PS Now anymore (back then when I tested it it was free).
09-15-2014, 08:52 PM #7
AgentJon
Former Staff
Fucking just want more money, shoulda just made it backward compatible.

The following user thanked AgentJon for this useful post:

HUYI82
09-18-2014, 09:28 AM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Agentjon View Post

Pain in the butt to make it work right :p
The service could be great but I have worries on pricing given how pricing works right now expecting the worse.
09-18-2014, 09:05 PM #9
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Agentjon View Post

Agreed, $$$$$ is all they want. That's y I keep all my systems n games even if they no longer work fully.
09-18-2014, 09:20 PM #10
sauib786
Do a barrel roll!
sucks how you gotta rent them n not keep them forever

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo