12-01-2010, 08:50 PM #1
Warlock
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Work in progress, as I do not have very much time on my hands anymore. :3

This is a complication of MY tutorials, which I have written. You have absolutely no permission to repost this anywhere else without my consent.

I've been around the PSP scene for about 5 years now, and I have my fair share of knowledge about the system. Smile

[multipage=PSP 2000/3000]

This only works on OFW 5.03 so if you have firmware greater than 5.03 then you are out of luck. :\

I'm pretty bored and well I've seen people having trouble with this, so I decided "Hey why not just write a guide".

I prefer to use 5.03 GEN-C over the cfw enabler, because cfw enabler flashes your settings and 5.03 Gen-C doesn't and I think that's a pain to keep redoing them.

What you need:

A Psp 3000 or a slim with the newer motherboard
A computer
The 5.03 Update which you can get You must login or register to view this content.
Chickhen R2, Which you can get You must login or register to view this content.
5.03 GEN-C, which is You must login or register to view this content.
I cannot stress this enough, you need PATIENCE!

First, backup all of your memory stick files onto your computer, then format your memory stick.

Then open up the 5.03 update and place the eboot in PSP>GAME>UPDATE>Eboot.pbp

You must login or register to view this content.

Now exit usb mode and click on the eboot (GAME>UPDATE 5.03), then run it.

Now you should be on 5.03 Original Firmware.

Open up the chickhen archive and put the h.bin on the root of your memory stick.

Now open the SLIM folder and drag the ChickHEN to PSP>PHOTO, IT MUST BE IN PHOTO, NOT PICTURE.

Now here comes the tough part, now exit usb mode and click on PICTURE, and wait for the EGG subfolder picture to load and then click on it.

Two things can happen, you can Freeze which is totally normal, you've got to just keep trying.

Or you can get, depending on your background, a green flashing bar-code like image on your psp.

Let it do it's thing and then your psp should reboot.

Congratulations, you now have gotten past the hardest part.

With 5.03 GEN-C you just put the folder into X:/PSP/GAME and run it.

If you followed the instructions correctly, your now have "Custom Firmware" on your psp allowing you to run homebrew and run iso's on your psp. Smile

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

[multipage=PSP 1000]

The PSP 1000, is a lot simpler than the 2000/3000 to flash.

There is one of two ways you can do this.

If you are on a firmware higher than 5.03, then skip down to where I mention the pandora battery. Smile

What you need:

PSP 1000
A computer
The 5.03 Update which you can get You must login or register to view this content.
Chickhen R2, Which you can get You must login or register to view this content.
Hellcat's Recovery Flasher which you can get You must login or register to view this content.
I cannot stress this enough, you need PATIENCE!

Basically the same steps as above, but this time you're going to actually flash it, so it stays on CFW.

In the Chickhen directory;

Move the files inside of the PHAT folder to x:/PSP/PHOTO just as you did above.

Awful video to go along with it.

[WS]5P3XwbIu85Y[/WS]

I apologize, I was just getting over a cold. :mad:

Pandora Battery

Fairly simple, although very outdated.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BLOW YOURSELF UP.
Just kidding...Or am I? :carling:

You're going to want to pull the last pin(The one closest to you) labeled ICO4.

[multipage=PSP Go]

Work in progress, as I currently do not own one. :FU:
Last edited by Warlock ; 12-02-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added multipages

The following 13 users say thank you to Warlock for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, A Goony Goblin, Curt, Mezzid, Mr.Oppossum, Paulin39, Proboscis, rozzz3, Scrumilation, Storm, TEXAS24_ReStEr, xGozzy, xXPolojackXx
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM #2
Killakk
Former Staff
Looking good :y:

This deserves a sticky? Winky Winky

Thread stuck . :y:
Last edited by Killakk ; 12-01-2010 at 09:50 PM.
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM #3
GUESTYYY
Climbing up the ladder
Very nice, the only thing I wouldn't recommend is trying to make a DIY Pandora battery. It's unsafe and unreliable. The best way to do it is by using one of the homebrews that can turn batteries into Pandora and back again, unfortunately the homebrews only work on PSPs already running CFW.

If you can't get your hands on one i'd consider buying one online because once you pull that pin the battery is not really usable anymore. Making a DIY Pandora battery reduces battery life and sometimes you just lose power altogether. Plus if you mess it up you've got to buy another battery.

The following user thanked GUESTYYY for this useful post:

Killakk
12-02-2010, 05:06 AM #4
Warlock
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by GUESTYYY View Post
Very nice, the only thing I wouldn't recommend is trying to make a DIY Pandora battery. It's unsafe and unreliable. The best way to do it is by using one of the homebrews that can turn batteries into Pandora and back again, unfortunately the homebrews only work on PSPs already running CFW.

If you can't get your hands on one i'd consider buying one online because once you pull that pin the battery is not really usable anymore. Making a DIY Pandora battery reduces battery life and sometimes you just lose power altogether. Plus if you mess it up you've got to buy another battery.

It can be used again, all you have to do is reroute the line again. You can use a pencil, and draw the line and it will work.

Or if you have one, you can solder the pin back onto it. Smile

Also why I stated why it's outdated. :p

The following user thanked Warlock for this useful post:

GUESTYYY
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM #5
very awsome! Smile
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM #6
nice threat there thanks
12-11-2010, 11:11 AM #7
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
**** GEN, Team M33 for ever <3

Nice guide tho bro :y:
12-11-2010, 11:15 AM #8
DONT_H8_5150
YouTube: jbeltran206
Nice thread, looks neat and very detailed :y:
12-18-2010, 10:43 PM #9
Good thread this is going to help alot of people out
12-20-2010, 06:59 PM #10
Originally posted by GUESTYYY View Post

Actually it's easy as hell. And the ones you buy online have the pin pulled.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo