04-22-2011, 05:51 AM #1
dafuze1
New to Xbox.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First of all this works on all psps:
1xxx,2xxx,3xxx and Psp Go ( I have 6.35 b5 on psp go)
1. First of all if you are not already on cfw or are on a lower cfw
then update to 6.35 or 6.20 official firmware
Download Links:
6.20 PSP: You must login or register to view this content.
6.35 PSP: You must login or register to view this content.
2.Plug in Psp by USB and select USB Connection on Psp XMB (Xross Media Bar)
3.Navigate to (Psp Disk Drive) (For me its G:/)
For example G:/PSP/GAME
4. Create a folder called UPDATE (in caps) and put one of the firmware files into it (an eboot.pbp) I RECOMMEND FIRMWARE 6.20 IF YOU ARE HIGHER THAN 6.20 GO TO 6.35
5. Disconnect Psp and close the usb connection, go to system update on XMB and select storage media. Follow prompts until you are on 6.35/6.20 I now recommend that you format memory stick/hard drive to remove previous CFW. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP ALL .iso/.cso's and Game saves (i will unfortunately not help you backup game saves as i did not)
CFW:
6.35 PRO B-5: You must login or register to view this content.
6.20 PRO B-5 You must login or register to view this content.
7.Reconnect psp to computer by usb as instructed before hand.
8..Navigate to (Psp Disk Drive/Memory Stick) (For me its G:/)
For example G:/PSP/GAME and copy folders containing the "CFW reloader (fast recovery)" and Containing the "CFW" (proupdate)
^ NOTE: Installing homebrew is done in the same way, except it will be something else Winky Winky
9. Go to game under XMB (on psp), select the blue update file and run, click x when prompted, and psp will reboot.
10. Congrats your done! You now have CFW on your psp!
11. To Run/Backups/games (THAT YOU OWN A COPY OF)
make a folder on the psp (E.g G:/) called ISO and put your iso's in there.
12. You must login or register to view this content. Download this and copy the promethius folder under (PSP/GAME) run this then off the xmb and select iso .
If i helped please click thanks Smile
Last edited by dafuze1 ; 04-22-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: 5th Edit, Fixing mistakes

The following user thanked dafuze1 for this useful post:

gavros7
04-22-2011, 05:59 AM #2
Originally posted by dafuze1 View Post
First of all this works on all psps:
1xxx,2xxx,3xxx and Psp Go ( I have 6.35 b5 on psp go)
1. First of all if you are not already on cfw or are on a lower cfw
then update to 6.35 or 6.20 official firmware
Download Links:
6.20 PSP: You must login or register to view this content.
6.35 PSP: You must login or register to view this content.
2.Plug in Psp by USB and select USB Connection on Psp XMB (Xross Media Bar)
3.Navigate to (Psp Disk Drive) (For me its G:/)
For example G:/PSP/GAME
4. Create a folder called UPDATE (in caps) and put one of the firmware files into it (an eboot.pbp) I RECOMMEND FIRMWARE 6.20 IF YOU ARE HIGHER THAN 6.20 GO TO 6.35
5. Disconnect Psp and close the usb connection, go to system update on XMB and select storage media. Follow prompts until you are on 6.35/6.20 I now recommend that you format memory stick/hard drive to remove previous CFW. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP ALL .iso/.cso's and Game saves (i will unfortunately not help you backup game saves as i did not)
CFW:
6.35 PRO B-5: You must login or register to view this content.
6.20 PRO B-5 You must login or register to view this content.
7.Reconnect psp to computer by usb as instructed before hand.
8..Navigate to (Psp Disk Drive/Memory Stick) (For me its G:/)
For example G:/PSP/GAME and copy folders containing the "CFW reloader (fast recovery)" and Containing the "CFW" (proupdate)
^ NOTE: Installing homebrew is done in the same way, except it will be something else Winky Winky
9. Go to game under XMB (on psp), select the blue update file and run, click x when prompted, and psp will reboot.
10. Congrats your done! You now have CFW on your psp!
11. To Run/Backups/games (THAT YOU OWN A COPY OF)
make a folder on the psp (E.g G:/) called ISO and put your iso's in there.
12. You must login or register to view this content. Download this and copy the promethius folder under (PSP/GAME) run this then off the xmb and select iso .
If i helped please click thanks Smile

Ive been on 5.50 GEN-D3 for 2 years. Is it worth it to update? I just dont wanna lose all my custom stuff that was specifically for that firmware.. :(
04-22-2011, 06:02 AM #3
dafuze1
New to Xbox.
Originally posted by Alpha View Post
Ive been on 5.50 GEN-D3 for 2 years. Is it worth it to update? I just dont wanna lose all my custom stuff that was specifically for that firmware.. :(

I reccomend updating Smile
some new games require higher firmware, while 5.50 Gen-D3 is great, people are now coding more for 6.xx and the scene is getting bigger.
If you have pandora battery/magic memory stick so you can downgrade you should definately update, if you don't i still recommend updating but i would think about it more. thanks Smile
if my tut helped click thanks Happy
04-22-2011, 06:16 AM #4
I reccomend updating Smile
some new games require higher firmware, while 5.50 Gen-D3 is great, people are now coding more for 6.xx and the scene is getting bigger.
If you have pandora battery/magic memory stick so you can downgrade you should definately update, if you don't i still recommend updating but i would think about it more. thanks Smile
if my tut helped click thanks Happy

I do have a pandora. Can I just update straight from GEN-D3 to OFW then CFW? And what will happen to all my files, mainly ALL MY PLUGINS? :(
04-22-2011, 06:32 AM #5
dafuze1
New to Xbox.
Originally posted by Alpha View Post
I do have a pandora. Can I just update straight from GEN-D3 to OFW then CFW? And what will happen to all my files, mainly ALL MY PLUGINS? :(

1.Yes the Tut will help
2.If you dont format most will be there but def. back up ISO's
3. Copy plugins folder from psp, some will work
4. Can you tell me some good psp games :carling:
04-22-2011, 06:51 AM #6
1.Yes the Tut will help
2.If you dont format most will be there but def. back up ISO's
3. Copy plugins folder from psp, some will work
4. Can you tell me some good psp games :carling:

Right now I need some too. Only one I have atm is Birth By Sleep, which is excellent. :y:
04-22-2011, 07:09 AM #7
dafuze1
New to Xbox.
I have about 30 Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo