"The Complete guide to Jailbreaking/Hacking Your PSP system(6.60 Only)!"
[THIS PROCESS WORKS WITH ALL SOFTWARE EDITIONS, BUT YOU NEED TO FIND YOUR OWN CFW. A LIST OF CFW's IS POSTED ON THE "PSP CODING/CFW SECTION" ON NGU"]
Let me start of by explaining some of the vocab of this tutorial. (IF YOU ALREADY KNOW COMMON HACKING/JAILBREAKING TERMS, PLEASE SKIP AHEAD!)
CFW = Custom Firmware. Custom Firmware is a modified edition of an OFW, Original Firmware
Brick = A bricked PSP is one in which the firmware has been corrupted
ISO = Files you can download and put on your psp to play as games. For example, Gran Turismo.iso (One of the major benefits of CFW)
How to Jailbreak
Now that we have learned the Vocab, we can move on to the Hacking/Jailbreaking. Please Follow the instructions carefully. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and I will get to you ASAP.
1. Download the CFW Here: 660PRO-B10.fix1.rar - procfw - 6.60 PRO-B10.fix1 - X-Generation Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable
2. Plug your PSP into your computer via USB
3. A popup should appear on your screen showing you the option to view the files in the PSP. IF not then navigate to Start> Computer>[Your PSP]
4. Open up the CFW you downloaded and Extract the "PSP" Folder to your Desktop
5. Go to your desktop and Open the extracted "PSP" Folder.
6. Then, Click the "Game" folder
7. Within the Game folder, You NEED to Copy the TWO folders called "ProUpdate" and "FastRecovery"
8. Once you have copied those 2 folders, you need to paste them in your PSP. To do this you go to Start > Computer > [Your PSP ROOT FOLDER] > PSP > GAME
9. After you have Pasted the 2 folders into the "GAME" Folder, You are ready to install the CFW!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CFW HAS NO RISK OF BRICKING YOUR PSP SYSTEM
10. On your PSP navigate to the "Game" section of the XMD and select "Memory Stick"
11. In memory stick, You should see 2 files. One called "Pro Update" and another called "Fast Recovery"
12. Select the "Pro Update" File and wait for a black screen to load.
13. Once the black screen shows up, It should have multiple options. One option called "Press X to install CFW"
14. Once you have seen the "Press X to install CFW"; Press X
15. Wait for the files to be install and your psp to be rebooted.
16. YOUR PSP IS NOW on CFW!!!!! (To check, on your psp go to Settings > System Settings > System Information, And it should say "System Software: 6.60 Pro
INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW:EVERY TIME YOU FULLY TURN OFF YOU PSP, YOU NEED TO RUN "FASTRECOVERY" TO GET THE CFW. (THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!)
How to Download,Install and Play PSP Games
Now that you have Jailbroken/Hacked your PSP, You can play free games and do many other things. Here, I will teach you how to download games off the internet, and then play them on your psp for free. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS ILLEGAL
1. Figure out what game you want.
2. Find a website that has PSP iso's. The Most common are PSPISO.com and PSPISOZ.com (I personally like PSPISO.com)
3. Go to that website and find your game by either searching it or going through the categories. *If you are using PSPISO.com, then just go to the HOMEPAGE >
PSP GAMES > "PSP Top Rated Games Collection 700+ games already 1 Link Download NBA 2K12 FIFA 12" by Slappy20. (You can use other threads, but this is the
4. Follow the download instructions and download the ISO file
5. Once the game is done downloading(Takes up to 1 hour+ based on your connection speed) you are ready to put it on your psp!
6. Plug your PSP back into your computer and Open it up to the root folder
7. In your root folder( Start > Computer > [Your PSP] ), Make a new folder (For PC users: Right-Click > New > Folder) and name it ISO
8. Put your .iso file(The game) into that folder
9. Now go onto your psp and the game should be at: "Game" > Memory Stick (Where we place the CFW previously)
10. Press X on the game and it should start up. PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL GAMES WILL WORK PROPERLY!!
That was the Full guide on how to hack/jailbreak your PSP! I hope I helped and If you have ANY Questions, please reply to this post and I will get back to you ASAP!