09-09-2013, 09:53 AM #1
Hickey
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A redesigned PlayStation Vita has been announced for a 10th October release in Japan.

The new model is 20 per cent thinner than the existing model and 15 per cent lighter, coming in at 15mm in width and 219g in weight.

The new Vita comes with 1GB of onboard storage.

The redesign features an improved battery that provides up to six hours of gameplay time and is available in yellow, pink, white, gray, lime green and light blue.

Meanwhile, the original PS Vita's sexy OLED display has been replaced by a five inch, 16:9, 960 x 544 LCD screen capable of displaying approximately 16 million colors.

Sony explained the switch away from OLED by saying, "Thanks to the rapid progress of LCD technology in recent years, the new display provides users with the highest-level image quality, perfect for deep and immersive gaming experience that is at the core of PS Vita."

Sony believes that the new model Vita will be "more casual and friendly for a wider range of users."

As yet there has been no mention as to whether the redesigned Vita will launch outside of Japan.

10-17-2013, 07:21 PM #2
damn i just bought the thing, i should've waited for the vita 2
10-18-2013, 05:55 PM #3
Choopie
Little One
I don't think it's vita 2, they just made them have color instead of regular black.

The following user thanked Choopie for this useful post:

LightModz
10-28-2013, 02:38 AM #4
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Here it comes. This is how it starts. Starts with a thinner "re-design" then it'll be the 2nd version. Precisely why I haven't bought a PS Vita yet. I think I'll wait for a few years into the PS4's life cycle to see what happens to the PS Vita. I don't foresee it having a long life span much past it's current point. I feel it will suffer the same fate as the PSP.
10-29-2013, 01:32 AM #5
SNMT| Havoc
Do a barrel roll!
probably just a resign
10-29-2013, 04:53 AM #6
Dean7
Little One
Highest level image quality my ass. The real reason they chose LCD is because 1. It's cheaper 2. it allowed them the slimmer design. If anything they should have upgraded the ram, gave us more internal memory, and cut the proprietary memory cards that aren't selling. This is what's hurting unit sales the damn memory cards are over priced. For the price we pay they should be at least class 10. I'll stick with the beautiful OLED instead of the 2000 series LCD screen with inferior picture quality. It's good for people looking for a cheaper more affordable handheld, but by no means should this be considered a upgrade more like a downgrade with cheaper parts.
Last edited by Dean7 ; 10-29-2013 at 05:13 AM.
10-29-2013, 02:10 PM #7
napster11089
Do a barrel roll!
i prefer my older model.
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM #8
Aspire.
The future is in your hands
Originally posted by x5555x View Post
damn i just bought the thing, i should've waited for the vita 2

There's honestly no point waiting for this variant, for starters, it's a cheap version only in WiFi model only, Sony must of realized that most of their users aren't interested in the 3G version, it's a joke in terms of sim data plans, expensive. Secondly I think the design of this model is disgusting, cheap materials, lol downgrading the screen, shows Sony is desperate at this point to sell this product.

Originally posted by Dean7 View Post
Highest level image quality my ass. The real reason they chose LCD is because 1. It's cheaper 2. it allowed them the slimmer design. If anything they should have upgraded the ram, gave us more internal memory, and cut the proprietary memory cards that aren't selling. This is what's hurting unit sales the damn memory cards are over priced. For the price we pay they should be at least class 10. I'll stick with the beautiful OLED instead of the 2000 series LCD screen with inferior picture quality. It's good for people looking for a cheaper more affordable handheld, but by no means should this be considered a upgrade more like a downgrade with cheaper parts.

Agreed 100% with all of what you said, this handheld is taking a serious blow, worse than the PSP.
Originally posted by napster11089 View Post
i prefer my older model.

So do I, feels much better with the good materials they used on the PCH-1000. Sucks that they got rid of the mystery port next to the game slot, why Sony? Many of us had hopes that this port could of been used in some way, but looks like we are never gonna be told what it was going to be used for.
10-30-2013, 11:03 PM #9
Dean7
Little One
Originally posted by Aspire. View Post
There's honestly no point waiting for this variant, for starters, it's a cheap version only in WiFi model only, Sony must of realized that most of their users aren't interested in the 3G version, it's a joke in terms of sim data plans, expensive. Secondly I think the design of this model is disgusting, cheap materials, lol downgrading the screen, shows Sony is desperate at this point to sell this product.

Agreed 100% with all of what you said, this handheld is taking a serious blow, worse than the PSP.

So do I, feels much better with the good materials they used on the PCH-1000. Sucks that they got rid of the mystery port next to the game slot, why Sony? Many of us had hopes that this port could of been used in some way, but looks like we are never gonna be told what it was going to be used for.

I agree 3G was a waste of money, and at the time 4G was right around the corner. There's plenty of hotspots if you know where to look. Also, the mystery port has already been revealed. Here's the source You must login or register to view this content.
11-01-2013, 05:51 PM #10
Aspire.
The future is in your hands
Originally posted by Dean7 View Post
I agree 3G was a waste of money, and at the time 4G was right around the corner. There's plenty of hotspots if you know where to look. Also, the mystery port has already been revealed. Here's the source You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for the link, I had the idea that it was used for TV output and guess I was correct, sucks they got rid of it in favor of the Vita TV...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo