Post: All In One Classic Game Emulator: RetroArch For PS VITA/PSTV *3.60 Henkaku ONLY*
02-24-2018, 06:33 AM #1
Jxstinian
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
RetroArch 1.71 Has Now Been Release For Vita!

Hey NGU! For many years people from ever part of the scene loves to emulate games from other consoles and PC's. How cool would it be showing off to your friend playing the original Mario on your Vita on the go! Well today I'll will be basically giving a quick tutorial an overview on how to install RetroArch for PS VITA and just some useful tips for new users. For people who want to learn more information about RetroArch here is the You must login or register to view this content.. *Just FYI RetroArch is not just for the PS Vita, RetroArch is available for a multitude of devices! Also I will not be teaching you how to download warez if you want to learn Google is your friend.*

What is RetroArch?

RetroArch is basically an all in one emulator that has so many cool features for you to relive your childhood by playing your favorite classic titles! Some of the features that are including for the Vita version of RetroArch.

Features:

Emulator Cores:

• Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 CPS-1)
  • Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 CPS-2)
  • Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo)
  • Arcade (FB Alpha 2012)
  • Arcade (FB Alpha)
  • Arcade (MAME 2000)
  • Arcade (MAME 2003)
  • Atari - 2600 (Stella)
  • Atari - 7800 (ProSystem)
  • Atari - Lynx (Handy)
  • Bandai - WonderSwan/Color (Beetle Cygne)
  • Cave Story (NXEngine)
  • Commodore - C64 (VICE C64)
  • Commodore - Plus4 (VICE PLUS4)
  • Commodore - VIC20 (VICE VIC20)
  • Doom (PrBoom)
  • DOS (DOSBox
  • GCE - Vectrex (vecx)
  • Handheld Electronic (GW)
  • Mattel - Intellivision (FreeIntv)
  • Microsoft - MSX (fMSX)
  • NEC - PC Engine / CD (Beetle PCE FAST)
  • Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (Gambatee)
  • Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (TGB Dual)
  • Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (gpSP)
  • Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (VBA Next)
  • Nintendo - NES / Famicon (FCEUmm)
  • Nintendo - NES / Famicon (Nestopia UE)
  • Nintendo - NES / Famicon (QuickNES)
  • Nintendo - Pokemon Mini (PokeMini)
  • Nintendo - SNES / Famicon (Snes9x 2002)
  • Nintendo - SNES / Famicon (Snes9x 2005 Plus)
  • Nintendo - SNES / Famicon (Snes9x 2010)
  • Nintendo - Vitural Boy (Beetle VB)
  • Quake 1 (TryQuake)
  • Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX)
  • Sega - MS/MD/CD/32X (PicoDrive)
  • Sega - Saturn (Yabause)
  • Sinclair - ZX 81 (EightyOne)
  • SNK - Neo Geo Pocket / Color (Beetle NeoPop)
  • Sony - PlayStation (PCSX ReARMed
  • ZX Spectrum (Fuse)

How to download and install RetroArch

Download from You must login or register to view this content..

Installation Guide:

1. Once you have downloaded the RetroArch.VPK, either enter in MolecularShell or VitaShell and place the RetroArch.VPK, in ux0. With MolecularShell you will need to FTP the file over to ux0 or if you using VitaShell if you plug in your charging cable into your PC you could transfer the file straight from your PC due to the PC can only access your memory card aka ux0. *For people who have slow internet or want a faster way of transferring files use VitaShell.*

2. Click X to install the VPK, and if everything is installed correctly exit out of VitaShell/MolecularShell and go back to the main screen for the Vita and you should now see the RetroArch Icon installed.

3. If you want to play your warez, just place them also in ux0 by making a folder and naming them whatever. For example if you want to play Super Mario Kart just place the game in this directory/path: ux0 > Super Nintendo Games > SuperMarioKart.smc

4. Once you open up RetroArch if you want to select on a game emulator scroll down to "Load Core" by pressing circle and then press whatever core you want. For example if you want to play an old Super Nintendo game, you would want to choose the (Snes9x 2010) core.

5. After you select your cord go to Load Content to find your games. Use step 3 to find your directory/path where you saved your games!
02-24-2018, 10:59 PM #2
Shadow
Banned
Trophies > Emulator lol i dont really like emulators the fact so many vita devs only focus on them is beyond me
02-25-2018, 12:22 AM #3
Jxstinian
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Shadow View Post
Trophies > Emulator lol i dont really like emulators the fact so many vita devs only focus on them is beyond me

I personally love both tbh, like the full on PSP Adrenline blows me away how they emulate CFW PSP software on vita lol. I always kinda thought it was cool to just play older games on your modded console.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo