Post: ISSUE FIXED: Niantic API changes & Why the Pokemon GO bots are not working!
08-03-2016, 09:42 PM #1
Sloth
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

ISSUE: Niantic API has added new checks, the data sent is encrypted or signed
STATUS: Fixed Release here: You must login or register to view this content.
ISSUE BEGAN: Around 4PM EST 8/3/16
ISSUE RESOLVESad Awesome Around 7PM EST 8/6/16

What's going on?
Issue has been fixed the Python request code has been released here now just wait on your bot devs to implement the code Smile

Necrobot: You must login or register to view this content.
Compiled Release: You must login or register to view this content.

Pokesniper2: You must login or register to view this content.

Note: I will probably release my web based sniper later on today as well Smile

Final Post - Update 5:00PM 8/5/16

Since I cant make updates to this thread constantly these two links are the main source for updates
Reddit Live Updates: You must login or register to view this content. (Non technical Users)
Github Technical Update (Latest): You must login or register to view this content. (Technical Users)

If you want to try and keep track of the issue more

Reddit Live Updates: You must login or register to view this content.
Unknown6 Github: You must login or register to view this content.
List of users working on API & decompiled subs: You must login or register to view this content.
Google Doc: You must login or register to view this content.
Reddit: You must login or register to view this content.
NextGenUpdate: You must login or register to view this content.
PokemonGoDev: You must login or register to view this content.
PokeMobBot: You must login or register to view this content.
NecroBot: You must login or register to view this content.

Fifth Post - Update 4:00pm EST 8/4/16

We know most of the payload that goes in to the Unknown 6 hash, we are waiting on the rest and the encryption/signature algorithm.
Read 4th Post for more info.

Fourth Post - Update: 8:00AM EST 8/4/16

Basically Niantic API now checks Unknown6 on each request this field is signed or encrypted (with multiple layers I believe) before being sent off with the request.
Reverse engineers have figured out the functions that generating the signing or encryption or hash (not confirmed which yet) and are now looking in to functions that create the data that is unknown6
Also they are trying to find the signing or encryption key used.

Originally posted by another user

Unknown6 is a field within the RPC call, it contains a timestamp, a hash (unconfirmed) and some other unknown data that the official PoGo client sends with its RPC call,
up until recently sending Unknown6 as empty had no effect on the data you received from the server,
yesterday this changed and if you don't send a valid Unknown6 field then the server will return all of the map data as being empty.
So the devs who are reverse engineering are trying to find what data goes into Unknown6 so we can replicate it.
We currently have a good idea of the functions that might be generating the hash, but as of yet, we don't know what goes into Unknown6 ..

Third Post - Update: 4:00AM EST 8/4/16

So it seems like the changes made to the API are to do with the request possibly being cryptographically signed thus explaining why no information is coming through.
Devs are working on trying to reverse engineer this and "crack" the signed request , I don't want to say too much on the topic since it is something I do not understand.

Also the minimum map object refresh rate has been upped again, from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. This means the rate at which you can query for new pokemon successfully has been cut in half.

Second Post - Update: 8:00PM EST 8/3/16

So it seems that as well as changing the map objects part of the API Niantic has also decided to start obfuscating their API answers.
Necro is working with some others in an attempt to bypass the security measures Niantic has implemented in to there app & API.

Quote from Necro
Originally posted by another user

Necronomicon - Today at 6:23 PM
@everyone Final Status Update:

Niantic has now began to obfuscate the API answers. This means that we will need to update the POGOProtos and implement the new hash b1f2bf509a025b7cd76e1c484e2a24411c50f0612.

Reverse Engineering an App with SSL Pinning is hard to do, thanks to git user rastapasta & cstrachan88 we able to bypass these security measures.

Niantic took a big step to block Bots. But we are sure this is bypassable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Original Post - Update: 4:30PM EST 8/3/16

So around 4PM EST today Niantic made some changes to their API, from what I can gather from looking at the response I received from my own Sniper and also what other bot devs are saying is that Niantic have changed the way the API sends map objects (Pokestops, Gyms & Pokemon).

The way to fix this issue obviously is to try and figure out the new way Niantic is sending Map Objects to the game, this however requires reverse engineering of the API which takes time, I know bot devs are currently attempting to work on this but there is no ETA.

Map Object Response
As you can see from this response I am not getting any information about pokestops, gyms or pokemon

Last edited by Sloth ; 08-07-2016 at 02:18 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to Sloth for this useful post:

Algebra, B_colo_pr, DoozyXGod, Father Luckeyy, SQUID-EYE, Hunter926, Razbuton, Rogue_Wolf, Kronos, TwiztedDiablo96, Vince, xDebugKiller
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM #2
Thanks for the thread, will be keeping my eyes out on other forums for you guys as well in case other devs drop something faster.

The following user thanked iAmObamaCare for this useful post:

Sloth
08-03-2016, 10:30 PM #3
Thank you for posting this thread, now all the errors i've received are explained.

The following user thanked iCarnagee for this useful post:

Sloth
08-04-2016, 10:17 AM #4
infinityredDot
Pokemon Trainer
ty for the post, keep us up2date Upside Down Happy
08-04-2016, 11:26 AM #5
wagglefoot
Save Point
How's it looking? any idea for how much longer you will be trying to find a way round the changes made?

Thanks
08-04-2016, 02:55 PM #6
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by wagglefoot View Post
How's it looking? any idea for how much longer you will be trying to find a way round the changes made?

Thanks

The Unknown6 issue for map objects request has been solved, the devs who did it are keeping it private for now whilst they fix up the APIs and figure out decryption
08-04-2016, 03:04 PM #7
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Sloth View Post
The Unknown6 issue for map objects request has been solved, the devs who did it are keeping it private for now whilst they fix up the APIs and figure out decryption

Could unknown6 possibly be the decryption key for the response? Surely they wouldn't put it in the actual response though...

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

Sloth
08-04-2016, 03:09 PM #8
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Could unknown6 possibly be the decryption key for the response? Surely they wouldn't put it in the actual response though...

I'm not entirely sure on what it is exactly, from what I have read it's something that has been sent in the requests by the client from the mobile apps, but not with our bot API's so in the newest update Niantic must've added some type of check for it.
before I went to sleep i learned that it contained a timestamp and that if you repeated a request with a modified param such as changing the lat slightly the request would fail so it's speculated that it's a possible hash or signing. It also changes on every unique request.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is only for the map objects request every other request works fine.

Take a look at this doc: You must login or register to view this content.
The devs who cracked it are in this discord: You must login or register to view this content.
08-04-2016, 03:10 PM #9
infinityredDot
Pokemon Trainer
maybe we can farm one spot alrdy? like the 6 pokestops spot without running around , evolving is still working so.
08-04-2016, 07:43 PM #10
infinityredDot
Pokemon Trainer
any updates?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo