Post: Fair Warning - The anticheat may have just been turned on
07-22-2016, 07:14 PM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Basically the TLDR of the tech stuff there is after the Japan release, there's been mass batches of packets discovered in the game. They're similar to Niantic's other app Ingress, in which (in ingress) they were used as anti-cheat.

Not much to go on right now until the people at /r/pokemongodev figure out what the bytes are.

It's strongly recommended that everyone cease and desist on spoofing and botting, at least on their main accounts, until this is figured out.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Dank
07-22-2016, 11:26 PM #2
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Thnx for the warning
07-23-2016, 05:20 AM #3
Dank
Not Former Staff
Originally posted by Cryptic
You must login or register to view this content.

Basically the TLDR of the tech stuff there is after the Japan release, there's been mass batches of packets discovered in the game. They're similar to Niantic's other app Ingress, in which (in ingress) they were used as anti-cheat.

Not much to go on right now until the people at /r/pokemongodev figure out what the bytes are.

It's strongly recommended that everyone cease and desist on spoofing and botting, at least on their main accounts, until this is figured out.

I never botted on my main and "safely" botted on two alts. They are pretty decent now, but it's so hard to stop botting lol.
07-23-2016, 06:26 AM #4
Specter
Pro Memer

Anti-cheat via packets sounds stupid to me though, as if the integrity is verified by just a mere response, it could be spoofed easily unless they have some kind of authentication with it. Nevertheless, good warning :p
07-23-2016, 06:33 AM #5
gopro_2027
Vault dweller

My account I used for the pokemap seems to have been banned yesterday. You could be right.
07-23-2016, 09:49 AM #6
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Always used pokemongoanywhere , dutch ip address in usa, never been banned thusfar xD
07-23-2016, 01:47 PM #7
iDontRte
Keep Your Head Up!
Is it safe to just play on nox and mover around by Santa Monica Peri ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo