Post: Pokemon GO Dev Finally Responds To Legendary Pokemon Claims!!
08-04-2016, 01:12 PM #1
Davey
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Earlier in the week, one*Pokemon GO*player came forward to claim that developer Niantic had gifted her a rare legendary Pokemon (Articuno).*

This caused an uproar in the*Pokemon GO*community, as fans around the world insisted this woman was full of crap – Niantic would never just*give*someone an Articuno, right?
Nevertheless, Kait Covey of Ohio seemed pretty adamant that her story and her Pokemon were both legit, and even posted a video with her husband to show the ‘Mon*off.

[video]https://www.twitch.tv/endersgw/v/81373999?t=01m44s[/video]

Whether it was legit or not is now a moot point, as Niantic has now confirmed that some legendary Pokemon did accidentally find their way into the game – the developer then proceeded to take these Pokemon away from their owners.

Niantic said:

We recently noticed that a few Legendary Pokemon got into a few accounts when they shouldn’t have.

To preserve the game’s integrity and as a measure of fairness, we have rectified the situation and revoked the legendary Pokemon from the Trainers’ accounts.

Okay, fair enough if you want to keep the game balanced for everyone, but can you imagine how salty you’d be if you got a legendary Pokemon and then had it snatched away from you?

This is just another example in a long line of dick moves from Niantic recently.

I can’t imagine they’re doing it on purpose, I just don’t think they were ready to handle a franchise as massive as Pokemon.
Last edited by SQUID-EYE ; 08-04-2016 at 03:22 PM.

The following user thanked Davey for this useful post:

User343234
08-05-2016, 12:57 AM #2
Razbuton
Gym leader
So I should unpack everything from my car and not go to Ohio? Curses.
08-05-2016, 05:26 AM #3
iDecipher
Bounty hunter
If it got taken from me I'd probably right them an open letter along the lines of:

Dear Niantic,

Pokemon GO fuck yourself.
08-21-2016, 04:02 PM #4
xSp3Kx
Bebe Snek
id delete the game as soon as i found out my legendary was gon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo