08-23-2016, 07:43 AM #1
Python
Bebe Snek
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Pokemon Go play has peaked and is already in decline, according to investment adviser Axiom Capital Management.

The number of daily active users, downloads, engagement and time spent on the app each day are off their highs from just a month a go and are showing a downward path, according to data, collected by Sensor Tower, SurveyMonkey and Apptopia, which was supplied to Bloomberg by Axiom. That will be welcome news to investors and executives alike at Facebook, Twitter, Tinder and Snapchat, according to Axiom Senior Analyst Victor Anthony.

"Given the rapid rise in usage of the Pokemon Go app since the launch in July, investors have been concerned that this new user experience has been detracting from time spent on other mobile focused apps," Anthony wrote in a note cited by Bloomberg.

You must login or register to view this content.

Not long after Pokemon launched in July, users were soon spending more time on average playing the augmented reality mobile game than in apps for Snapchat, Twitter and even Facebook. But if current trends continue, the data suggests the popularity of Pokemon will be short-lived, along with augmented gaming in general, Anthony wrote.

"The Google Trends data is already showing declining interest in augmented reality, whereas interest in virtual reality remains high," he concludes.

Niantic Labs, the creator of Pokemon Go, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

08-23-2016, 08:11 AM #2
Python
Bebe Snek
Originally posted by EYE
Yeah it's slowly dying, i bot it but now i can't be bothered with it, getting banned too quick.

So far I haven't been banned. But I think Pokemon Go will have around 15 million players by the time October rolls around
08-23-2016, 10:46 AM #3
SirPiffington
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Python View Post
Pokemon Go play has peaked and is already in decline, according to investment adviser Axiom Capital Management.

The number of daily active users, downloads, engagement and time spent on the app each day are off their highs from just a month a go and are showing a downward path, according to data, collected by Sensor Tower, SurveyMonkey and Apptopia, which was supplied to Bloomberg by Axiom. That will be welcome news to investors and executives alike at Facebook, Twitter, Tinder and Snapchat, according to Axiom Senior Analyst Victor Anthony.

"Given the rapid rise in usage of the Pokemon Go app since the launch in July, investors have been concerned that this new user experience has been detracting from time spent on other mobile focused apps," Anthony wrote in a note cited by Bloomberg.

Not long after Pokemon launched in July, users were soon spending more time on average playing the augmented reality mobile game than in apps for Snapchat, Twitter and even Facebook. But if current trends continue, the data suggests the popularity of Pokemon will be short-lived, along with augmented gaming in general, Anthony wrote.

"The Google Trends data is already showing declining interest in augmented reality, whereas interest in virtual reality remains high," he concludes.

Niantic Labs, the creator of Pokemon Go, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

They definitely need to add some more content probably spike again once this new tracking comes in hopefully that's the main thing that drives people away I think most my friends don't play cause of it
08-23-2016, 06:50 PM #4
SirPiffington
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by EYE
Even make more events where it's more possible to catch rare pokemon, or spread the shit ones out.

There's always the invisible ditto
08-23-2016, 08:09 PM #5
Python
Bebe Snek
Originally posted by EYE
Even make more events where it's more possible to catch rare pokemon, or spread the shit ones out.

I think if they were to add in trading then maybe the game pick up more.
09-07-2016, 04:58 PM #6
exassasinx
Do a barrel roll!
As expected xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo