05-03-2010, 06:09 PM #1
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Fallout: New Vegas Details Emerge

You can find the original article You must login or register to view this content..

As the successor to Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas is beginning to become a clearer image in the minds of those interested. While a great deal of information has already been released concerning the game, this is the first I've seen of this particular information.

- In Fallout: New Vegas, you play the role of a courier who gets shot while attempting to deliver some information. That incident is said to be the where the story takes off.

- A "hardcore" game option will be accessible, in which players who don't need to go through the various tutorials and simply skip through them, allowing them to get right into the action. On top of that, you will almost have to manage yourself as you do in real life. Monitoring your hunger, hydration levels, and visiting doctors for serious injuries are all part of the hardcore game option. Stimpacks will also only heal you over time. Even better, weight is applied to bullets, meaning you cannot just carry around as much ammunition as you want.

- The "Companion Wheel" is being introduced, of which you can use to use your companions more effectively during battle, instead of just using the basic commands like keeping together, using weapons, or using melee.

- New "Grenade Machine Gun" will be introduced.

- Higher quality morality system will be active, so that certain groups can either praise, fear, or want to kill you.

What do you guys think about this game? I liked Fallout 3, though I never really got around to playing it a great deal. This game seems to have quite a few new additions, though, that are making me rather eager to get my hands on it.

You must login or register to view this content..

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by schaffinosx ; 05-09-2010 at 07:07 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to schaffinosx for this useful post:

AgentMini, beastboy, chrisdogg, GUESTYYY, Marte, Newfie, waltuO, SantaClawZ, Unbeliivable
05-03-2010, 07:23 PM #2
Steve
Ex-News Staff
I had a thread of this completely done when boom my internet browser closes for some reason and I lost it all
05-03-2010, 07:46 PM #3
waltuO
N'wahs With Attitude
At the start of the game your supposed to deliver a message to someone, and then someone attempts to assinate you. Yeah, I read that too lol. =D

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Apparently there will be different factions in the game, so if you piss of a faction they will dislike you more, but their rival faction will like you more.
05-03-2010, 08:25 PM #4
SantaClawZ
I'm not new to this
This sounds great. I just got the Fallout 3 platinum about last month Smile

Also, if this hasn't been changed, this is supposed to be released sometime around this summer Smile
05-03-2010, 08:31 PM #5
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by SantaClawZ View Post
This sounds great. I just got the Fallout 3 platinum about last month Smile

Also, if this hasn't been changed, this is supposed to be released sometime around this summer Smile

According to the official site, it is currently planned for a Fall 2010 release. Winky Winky
05-03-2010, 11:22 PM #6
chrisdogg
EDM BO$$
I gotta say I am a huge fan of Fallout 3, It is 100% the best RPG game I have ever played in my life. The fact that Fallout: New Vegas is coming out is going to make me love the game again. The only problems I have with the new features in FNV is that the bullets are actually going to add to your weight. From my perspective I definatley liked having all of my ammo being carried on me so that I would never run out, yeah it will make the game more realistic, but sometimes it's better when games aren't too realistic. I hope there will be a mod for the PS3 for unlimited ammo to be held, this would be sweet. Other than that nice thread.

Here is a look at the trailer if you have not seen it yet:

[WS]epFupigyIN8[/WS]
Last edited by chrisdogg ; 05-03-2010 at 11:50 PM.

The following user thanked chrisdogg for this useful post:

schaffinosx
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM #7
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
I hope they release a cookable mod for ps3, so we could bring some custom stuff from pc. That would be icing on the cake.

The following user thanked Aule for this useful post:

oXMoOINzT3IRxx
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM #8
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by chrisdogg View Post
. The only problems I have with the new features in FNV is that the bullets are actually going to add to your weight. From my perspective I definatley liked having all of my ammo being carried on me so that I would never run out, yeah it will make the game more realistic, but sometimes it's better when games aren't too realistic.

I do agree with you on the matter concerning realism. It seems that, as technology allows our developers to make realer and realer environments and feels, the focus is shifting from making a unique universe to replicating the real one. While I know it is rather drastic to say so, I simply mean in the sense of weight, health, reactions to the environment etc.

While it is great that technology allows for developers to make things this complex, I think there are various times, like in this instance perhaps, that realism is making for more of an inconvenience than a pleasure away from reality.

Do note, if I read the original article correctly, that the weight of the bullets only has relevance in the "hardcore" mode. Therefore I believe that, if you do not play the hardcore mode, you will not have to worry about such things as in Fallout 3.

The following user thanked schaffinosx for this useful post:

chrisdogg
05-04-2010, 04:16 AM #9
chrisdogg
EDM BO$$
Originally posted by SchaffinOSX View Post

Do note, if I read the original article correctly, that the weight of the bullets only has relevance in the "hardcore" mode. Therefore I believe that, if you do not play the hardcore mode, you will not have to worry about such things as in Fallout 3.

I hope that you are right about the bullets being on the hardcore function. If this is so, then it looks as if I will not be touching the hardcore version of the game. Thank you Schaffin you have been a great amount of help to me. :y:

The following user thanked chrisdogg for this useful post:

schaffinosx
05-04-2010, 12:06 PM #10
Cyber-Kaiser
Pokemon Trainer
If i do buy this, I'd have to have two saves. One in hardcore and one not. I'd love trying to be as realistic as possible, but at the same time, I don't wanna have to worry about weight all the time. Does that make sense?

Game looks incredible. Can't wait til Fall Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo