05-09-2010, 04:12 AM #1
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Preview - LittleBigPlanet 2

"Like He-Man on Steroids, you have power in LBP2 - and lots of it" - News of the World

Living up to LittleBigPlanet [1] -

Succeeding the widely popular LittleBigPlanet, that sold over 3 million units worldwide, and earned 14 game of the year awards back in 2008, LittleBigPlanet 2 looks like it is going to meet, and exceed expectations just as its predecessor did.

At first levels seemed like a lot of room for creativity... See how far the community can go with the ability to make games -

This time around, this game "it's just a platform game, but a platform for games". Indeed, this time around, you will have the ability to create games in LittleBigPlanet 2, a step up from the limitless possibilities that came with the level creator in the original.

The Easy Transition -

Also, if you're one of the many people who "hate to say goodbye" to the good times of previous games, never fear! All levels that were created in LittleBigPlanet [1] will be fully compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2! And, thanks to the hard work of those over at Media Molecule, some of your previous levels may look even better due to some up-scaling!

Sack-Bots -

From what I hear, some people felt that there was a lack of non-player characters in the original LittleBigPlanet. Well, this time around are "Sack-Bots". These will serve as somewhat of a companion to you throughout your adventures, of which you can customize in just about any way. This goes beyond simple appearance customization, but actual action customization. Whether you want your Sack-Bot to patrol, follow or simply have a fear of some sort, it can be a reality in LittleBigPlanet 2!

Keeping Track of your LittleBigPlanet Universe -

Now, thanks to Stream, you will be able to keep track of your LittleBigPlanet earth while away from your Playstation 3! You are enabled to view a friend's earth, put one of their creations into your play queue, and play it upon returning to your Playstation 3!

Overview -

LittleBigPlanet 2 will no doubt be the game to play, but it will give artistic gamers a chance to truly shine like they never have before, and allow over 1 billion players worldwide to experience their creations, and enjoy them.

Now, I shall leave you with some screen shots:

You must login or register to view this content.

You can find the original article You must login or register to view this content..

EDIT: LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta: Details and New Features

According to recently posted information, it seems the "new features" discussed above are already becoming quite innovative due to a leaked beta version of the game.

It seems that we can now mimic just about anything you can envision. It only took a couple of hours for testers to develop a "Super Mario Bros. Knock Off", in which physics worked just as they do in the Super Mario Bros. titles.

According to those who have gotten their hands on the beta, the A.I. editor is simplistic, and does not require a lot of skill or effort to get things the way you want them.

Next week, expect more information to be given concerning this game, when it comes to developing LittleBigPlanet 2 "FPS" and "racing games". Though I don't know exactly what the article means by this, I'm guessing that those are two types of games we can develop with the new abilities that come along with level creating.

You can find the original article You must login or register to view this content..

All of the above information may or may not be false, due to the recent discovery that the "beta" is fake.

New HD Screenshots Surface!

Screen shots were found You must login or register to view this content..

Last edited by schaffinosx ; 05-09-2010 at 04:27 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to schaffinosx for this useful post:

chrisdogg, DirtyDudeOnline, HSx9, Louis_-_95, Run Show, Samberg, xScarsii
05-09-2010, 04:14 AM #2
OMG Im going to preorder this as soon as I can, Little Big Planet is the best game ever!
(not being sarcastic) I had so much fun on the first one!
05-09-2010, 04:14 AM #3
thats pretty cool..looking forward to new version
05-09-2010, 04:28 AM #4
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by HSx9 View Post
OMG Im going to preorder this as soon as I can, Little Big Planet is the best game ever!
(not being sarcastic) I had so much fun on the first one!

Same here. I had limitless hours of fun with my friends just experimenting with all that we could do with level creations. Unfortunately LittleBigPlanet was a game that I never bought, but only rented for an extended period of time.
05-09-2010, 05:20 AM #5
chrisdogg
EDM BO$$
Originally posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
Same here. I had limitless hours of fun with my friends just experimenting with all that we could do with level creations. Unfortunately LittleBigPlanet was a game that I never bought, but only rented for an extended period of time.

I totally agree with you, It is unfortunate that you were not able to get the game though. This game is one of my favorite games of all time. I love the fact that you could go into any type of level that you would want to go into. This is a truly amazing game. I can't wait for LittleBigPlanet 2 to come out Smile
05-09-2010, 05:24 AM #6
I never understood why that game was even popular.
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM #7
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by another user
LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta: Details and New Features

According to recently posted information, it seems the "new features" discussed above are already becoming quite innovative due to a leaked beta version of the game.

It seems that we can now mimic just about anything you can envision. It only took a couple of hours for testers to develop a "Super Mario Bros. Knock Off", in which physics worked just as they do in the Super Mario Bros. titles.

According to those who have gotten their hands on the beta, the A.I. editor is simplistic, and does not require a lot of skill or effort to get things the way you want them.

Next week, expect more information to be given concerning this game, when it comes to developing LittleBigPlanet 2 "FPS" and "racing games". Though I don't know exactly what the article means by this, I'm guessing that those are two types of games we can develop with the new abilities that come along with level creating.

New information concerning LittleBigPlanet 2 that has been added to the original post.
05-09-2010, 07:44 AM #8
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Those screenshots look awesome!! preordering asap
05-09-2010, 09:18 AM #9
Denzol-
★★★★★
omg whens the release date..Happy
05-09-2010, 09:55 AM #10
Very good game. Complex yet stunning to play. love the originality and playing user made maps.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo