07-15-2010, 09:32 PM #1
Winty
Retired Sectional
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Xbox 360 'Slim' WiFi Problems?

The new Xbox 360 'Slim' was highly anticipated however it isn't perfect...

You must login or register to view this content.

The new 360 "Slim" easy on your wallet: So far was £40 for a wireless multiplayer fun with the Xbox 360 you spend. The external wireless adapter worked perfectly true, but wasn't bought by all consumers due to the extortionate price. The new console comes with an internal adapter that has abilities more or less the same to the wireless 'n' network adapter.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - Supported Wireless Standards

The internal module supports both 802.11 b and g and 802.11 n the current standard - but only in the 2.4 GHz and not in the 5 GHz band. On the new Xbox 360 "Slim" has a transfer rate of up to 300Mb/s, which is barely able to transfer HD movies. To use this mode, you need also a wireless router that supports this standard. The difference with the external wireless adapter is that the Xbox 360 "Slim" has no antennae.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - some problems in wireless networks

A test from a company known as 'Cynamite' took place testing the new console and it's WiFi capabilities. The first test in the company network refused to allow the wireless adapter on the new 360, its services. In networks with high security standards issues get the console when connecting to Xbox Live. This is in most cases to specific TCP / UDP ports that must be unlocked. Should you not have access to these settings on your router, you could run into problems with the new 360. Such high safety standards are a problem but usually only corporate networks and public wireless networks are used.

In a home network, however, they had no problems making the Xbox 360 Multiplayer capable; to connect the console to the network, they only had to enter their password encryption, and were immediately signed in to Xbox Live. The new Xbox 360 "Slim" is supported by the way all current security standards, WPA 2 to WPA-PSK. The range is good despite the lack of antennae, thick walls are giving off no problems.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - speed and performance

For downloads of Xbox Live content, such as updates or DLCs, connection speed is about that of a conventional wireless LAN.
Especially with action games delays would impact very negatively. While playing they were among the shooters Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Singularity even after hours with the new Xbox 360 "Slim" no problems with as little latency and with disconnects. The wireless adapter is as good as a wired connection in LAN mode.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - Conclusion:

The internal wireless adapter is adjacent to the large 250 GB hard drive, the biggest selling point for the new slim version of the Xbox 360. The 360 is on par with fellow competitors Sony and Nintendo but may likely to provide problems for users with high security on their networks.

What do you think to the new Xbox 360 'Slim'?
Have you had any problems?
Do you like the new console?

Winty

Sources:
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM #11
hahaha xbox suckers. but no seriously. this sucks for you guys
07-16-2010, 12:54 PM #12
DiXiEnOrMoUz28
A.K.A Daboss1288
i love both my slims i have no problems the system i had a problem with was my MW2 edition with the external "N" adapter i couldnt connect to my internet downstairs but my Wii and ps3 had no problem now with the new system my connection is back to were it was to me if you want a 360 i would be all over this system its everything they say it is
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM #13
SUPERIMIAINI
Machete Don't Text!
Mannnn don't tell me this! My orig XBOX 360 went down with RROD about 2 years ago and since this new one came out I was considering buying it but I'll wait till more reviews come out, either way there out of stock everywhere in Miami. Facepalm
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM #14
D M A N 1 8 4
XOMB ¡!¡!
I mean come on, messing up their wireless adapters?

Most people buy an xbox for the main reason of xbox live. Having a built in wireless adapter greatly increased the appeal, because it ment that you no longer had to shell out another 100$ to axcess live without a hard connection.

How can microsoft mess up their main selling point? this is crazy. They are rushing products out that just dont meet hardware standards. I mean they still havent fixed the RROD problem, which is now plauging 360 slims. Microsoft needs to slow down and perfect their products, and not rush them out and hope that people won't notice their flaws.

Now don't get me wrong, I love xbox's. Personally, I would never buy a ps3 over a xbox. But I'm just saying, I dont want MS to come out with crappy products. I want to know that when I buy something from them, the problems they had last time would be addressed and solved.

+rep if you agree/if you bothered to read that whole thing.
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM #15
lol... this is supposed to be their sale saver. I guess they just can't get things right the first time around.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo