04-19-2012, 01:36 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Call Of Duty: Elite, the 'social network' for players of Activision's extremely successful Call Of Duty series has been abandoned in Japan, according to Square Enix, the original publishers.

According to Square Enix, the service was cancelled in Japan due to several localization issues. They claim that Activision worked extremely hard to try and get several different versions of Elite launched in different territories, as they wanted not only a subtitled, but also a dubbed version of Modern Warfare 3 released. This caused problems for Elite in the region.

Activision reportedly started working on better localization for the Call of Duty series after the launch of Modern Warfare 2 as many Japanese gamers were furious with its poor localization.

Even though Elite has been scrapped in Japan, Square Enix has confirmed that all DLC released for Modern Warfare 3 via the Elite service will still be accessible via the Playstation Store.

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Convex, Otib, Yoko
04-19-2012, 01:40 PM #2
Ben
Former Staff
Lol "Localization issues" :dumb: That's an excuse, people in Japan are just smart enough not to buy Elite.
04-19-2012, 02:36 PM #3
Budz
Former Staff
This could lead to worse things. I would love if the Japanese people sued Activision or Square Enix. They have the right to since they didn't get what they had paid for ^^ Quite a bitch from Activision.
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM #4
Convex
Ain't No Telling
Well that sucks for the Japanese. At least Elite works for me. ^^
Oh wait, no it doesn't Gaspkay:
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM #5
ARIISSEK
:nyan: Kaffy :nyan:
Originally posted by I
This could lead to worse things. I would love if the Japanese people sued Activision or Square Enix. They have the right to since they didn't get what they had paid for ^^ Quite a bitch from Activision.

No, they couldn't read any paid subscription TOS / License agreement. 95% of them will have an article in there that allows them to cancel the service whenever they like.

PS: They probably gave them some form of compensation.
04-19-2012, 06:46 PM #6
When Activision says they're "working hard and around the clock" on an issue it pretty much means they have one guy working on the problem and he's aloud to take as many breaks as he wants. stare

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo