07-15-2010, 09:32 PM #1
Winty
Retired Sectional
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Xbox 360 'Slim' WiFi Problems?

The new Xbox 360 'Slim' was highly anticipated however it isn't perfect...

You must login or register to view this content.

The new 360 "Slim" easy on your wallet: So far was £40 for a wireless multiplayer fun with the Xbox 360 you spend. The external wireless adapter worked perfectly true, but wasn't bought by all consumers due to the extortionate price. The new console comes with an internal adapter that has abilities more or less the same to the wireless 'n' network adapter.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - Supported Wireless Standards

The internal module supports both 802.11 b and g and 802.11 n the current standard - but only in the 2.4 GHz and not in the 5 GHz band. On the new Xbox 360 "Slim" has a transfer rate of up to 300Mb/s, which is barely able to transfer HD movies. To use this mode, you need also a wireless router that supports this standard. The difference with the external wireless adapter is that the Xbox 360 "Slim" has no antennae.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - some problems in wireless networks

A test from a company known as 'Cynamite' took place testing the new console and it's WiFi capabilities. The first test in the company network refused to allow the wireless adapter on the new 360, its services. In networks with high security standards issues get the console when connecting to Xbox Live. This is in most cases to specific TCP / UDP ports that must be unlocked. Should you not have access to these settings on your router, you could run into problems with the new 360. Such high safety standards are a problem but usually only corporate networks and public wireless networks are used.

In a home network, however, they had no problems making the Xbox 360 Multiplayer capable; to connect the console to the network, they only had to enter their password encryption, and were immediately signed in to Xbox Live. The new Xbox 360 "Slim" is supported by the way all current security standards, WPA 2 to WPA-PSK. The range is good despite the lack of antennae, thick walls are giving off no problems.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - speed and performance

For downloads of Xbox Live content, such as updates or DLCs, connection speed is about that of a conventional wireless LAN.
Especially with action games delays would impact very negatively. While playing they were among the shooters Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Singularity even after hours with the new Xbox 360 "Slim" no problems with as little latency and with disconnects. The wireless adapter is as good as a wired connection in LAN mode.

The new Xbox 360 "Slim" in the test - Conclusion:

The internal wireless adapter is adjacent to the large 250 GB hard drive, the biggest selling point for the new slim version of the Xbox 360. The 360 is on par with fellow competitors Sony and Nintendo but may likely to provide problems for users with high security on their networks.

What do you think to the new Xbox 360 'Slim'?
Have you had any problems?
Do you like the new console?

Winty

Sources:
07-15-2010, 10:04 PM #2
A96
Do a barrel roll!
Yh i do think the xbox 360 is good apart from the design looks a bit ugly but at least it has a internal wireless adapter.The wireless N adapter was very expensive.
07-15-2010, 10:17 PM #3
DrUnKeNmOnKeY
Can’t trickshot me!
im gettiing a slim tomorrow hopefully no problems occur
07-16-2010, 01:48 AM #4
Gaia
Former Staff
Do you reckon i should get a xbox360 slim or just pre-order black ops or Assassin's Creed BrotherHood?
07-16-2010, 02:24 AM #5
masako
Save Point
what do you expect, its a Microsoft product?

The following user thanked masako for this useful post:

TheUnkn0wn
07-16-2010, 02:36 AM #6
DLake
Do a barrel roll!
I guess I'll find out when my buddy picks his up tomorrow.
07-16-2010, 03:45 AM #7
underzz
Gym leader
Cant wait to trade in my old xbox elite and getting new xbox reason why i trade old xbox is i need wireless adapter so i dont wanna spend 70eur for adapter if i can trade in and pay 100eur for brand new xbox slim
07-16-2010, 04:17 AM #8
Reeces_Pieces
Spyro The Dragon
What's the failure rate of this one?? Probably the same......

The following user thanked Reeces_Pieces for this useful post:

TheUnkn0wn
07-16-2010, 05:50 AM #9
iZach
Space Ninja
gonna guess there's a lot of problems.
07-16-2010, 09:56 AM #10
DSx
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by masako View Post
what do you expect, its a Microsoft product?

/thread hahahHappy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo