08-26-2011, 05:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Skyrim DLC: 30 Day Xbox Exclusive
Source: [url= https://www.gamespot.com/news/6331158/skyrim-dlc-to-be-xbox-360-exclusive-for-30-days?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B3]Gamespot [/url] // By: KurtTheCanadian // August 26, 2011

Though many anticipate the upcoming release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Xbox 360 gamers now have some bragging rights in which they can boast about. Being a rather major announcement, Microsoft has managed to secure a 30 day exclusive DLC agreement which will allow for arrival on the Xbox 360 based version of Skyrim before PC and Playstation. Much like the Call of Duty series, gamers who own the 360 will have first dibs on trying out the downloadable content which will become available after the title is released.

The contract details grant Microsoft the first two DLC packages as 30 day exclusives. Any other planned content is unclear surrounding dates and/or availability to certain platforms. There is no exact details in regards to what the two packages will feature; however, they are said to contain more “bang for your buck”. Bethesda executive Producer, Todd Howard states that Skyrim will feature less DLC as compared to prior titles, but come packaged with more content for gamers.

Originally posted by another user
[Skyrim will have] fewer, but "more substantial," add-ons compared to its predecessor.

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim will arrive on shelves November 11th for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
Last edited by @KLukas94 ; 08-26-2011 at 05:46 PM.
08-27-2011, 09:42 PM #20
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
It has t be said i think E0000B6.... (etc.etc.etc.etc.longestnameeverfml?) speaks sense, why is everyone blaming microsoft? bethesda are the ones who sold out. And to be honest the other companies probably tried to get it aswell, its just microsoft made the best offers. Id imagine the other companies are tired of it too, at the end of the day, id give anything to own such an intelligent and tactical company like microsoft, their way of 'playing' the game of sales etc. is really quite interesting. Kudos to you microsoft.
08-27-2011, 10:12 PM #21
Sweets
Wololo
PS3 users shouldn't moan about this, they get their online experience for free, while we have to pay £40 a year for it. This is the sort of thing our money goes towards to. Also PC users get shit-tonnes of mods online to install, so it's only fair Xboxers get something more. You're still getting the content, just a little later than we do.
08-27-2011, 11:50 PM #22
This has ruined Skyrim for me now, thanks Bethesda :FU:

The following user thanked CoPe. for this useful post:

thej3
08-28-2011, 01:11 AM #23
xRystar
Bounty hunter
This is probably what all the user's money for paying online goes to... Getting DLC deals with game developers. Pfft, pathetic Microsoft. I can wait an extra 30 days.. Not that big of a deal. I'd rather free online than paying to get DLC a little earlier for some titles.
08-28-2011, 05:59 AM #24
dkfallen
Little One
Originally posted by E0000B6FAF25838 View Post
Problem's not Microsoft, it's Bethesda. Microsoft proposed the immoral deal, sure, but Bethesda didn't need to accept. I don't even have a 360 and I commend Microsoft for their intelligence. You wanna be mad, take it up with Bethesda, not Microsoft.

You got a point there. The usual response would be Microsoft, I wasn't really thinking at the time, Just really upset with the whole thing you know? Pretty much the biggest release of the year for myself.
08-28-2011, 06:14 AM #25
Mr. Qwax
Mr. Awesome.
Originally posted by Sweets View Post
PS3 users shouldn't moan about this, they get their online experience for free, while we have to pay £40 a year for it. This is the sort of thing our money goes towards to. Also PC users get shit-tonnes of mods online to install, so it's only fair Xboxers get something more. You're still getting the content, just a little later than we do.

I'm sorry, did I just read that correctly?

Your money for paying for Xbox Live goes towards content released a month before all other platforms just so you can pay more for it? Yup that makes perfect sense!

But honestly, I'm getting tired of Microsoft's Antic's, the more they do this with games the more normal it will feel to consumers on other platforms anyway, waiting an extra month isn't that bad considering you get to hear opinions and reviews about the DLC at hand, before your platform may get it.
08-28-2011, 10:19 PM #26
Cant Wait for this.
08-28-2011, 10:41 PM #27
Encopresis
< ^ > < ^ >
Um... Get mad at sony for being cheap pricks and not giving a **** about their customers? Upside Down Happy
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM #28
Bethesda sold out huh? wow didnt think they were that type

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo