08-26-2011, 05:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Skyrim DLC: 30 Day Xbox Exclusive
Source: [url= https://www.gamespot.com/news/6331158/skyrim-dlc-to-be-xbox-360-exclusive-for-30-days?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B3]Gamespot [/url] // By: KurtTheCanadian // August 26, 2011

Though many anticipate the upcoming release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Xbox 360 gamers now have some bragging rights in which they can boast about. Being a rather major announcement, Microsoft has managed to secure a 30 day exclusive DLC agreement which will allow for arrival on the Xbox 360 based version of Skyrim before PC and Playstation. Much like the Call of Duty series, gamers who own the 360 will have first dibs on trying out the downloadable content which will become available after the title is released.

The contract details grant Microsoft the first two DLC packages as 30 day exclusives. Any other planned content is unclear surrounding dates and/or availability to certain platforms. There is no exact details in regards to what the two packages will feature; however, they are said to contain more “bang for your buck”. Bethesda executive Producer, Todd Howard states that Skyrim will feature less DLC as compared to prior titles, but come packaged with more content for gamers.

Originally posted by another user
[Skyrim will have] fewer, but "more substantial," add-ons compared to its predecessor.

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim will arrive on shelves November 11th for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
Last edited by @KLukas94 ; 08-26-2011 at 05:46 PM.
08-26-2011, 05:46 PM #2
chrisdogg
EDM BO$$
Oh how this disappoints me. I Truly hate Microsoft; always trying to buy shit a month earlier so that they can keep their customers. No

The following 3 users say thank you to chrisdogg for this useful post:

Dewzy916, FoxkaZ, VioletShade

The following 2 users groaned at chrisdogg for this awful post:

Encopresis, Laney
08-26-2011, 06:39 PM #3
Dewzy916
i am broski916
I'm getting ****ing tired of microsoft basically bribing people to buy their system.

The following user thanked Dewzy916 for this useful post:

dkfallen

The following user groaned Dewzy916 for this awful post:

Laney
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM #4
oG GUNN3R
--------
They're not bribes, they're called benefits to having an xbox 360. It's a good way to keep your customers happy, something Sony could learn from. And please don't flame, we're all just stating our opinions here.

The following 2 users say thank you to oG GUNN3R for this useful post:

Laney,
08-26-2011, 09:25 PM #5
Another reason I'm happy I switched back to Xbox. :happycry:

The following 3 users say thank you to Travis for this useful post:

ARIISSEK, jonnyman69, Laney
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM #6
Coqui
Former Staff
I'm really hating this, Sony why you no buy the exclusive for Battlefield :yuno: So you can make a little more customer from that.
08-26-2011, 09:36 PM #7
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
Microsoft are pure D$£%heads.

The following 2 users groaned at ciunas for this awful post:

Laney, ZoneHD
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM #8
Laney
Ex-Staff
:fyea: bring it on! PS3 kids won't be happy about this one. I remember playing Morrowind on pc ages ago :p

The following 5 users groaned at Laney for this awful post:

Assassin, chrisdogg, Rip The Jacker, VioletShade, xHeAVeN
08-26-2011, 10:57 PM #9
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
I don't really see the point in posting this stuff anymore, it just brings out the fanboys. At the end of the day people need to stop arguing over which company is best. Also stop hating Microsoft and Sony, any business needs to try and earn as much money as possible. And if you own a console by either company then you are being hypocritical insulting them as you are doing exactly what they want and then complaining about it.

Oh and I'm glad I own an xbox right now, I'm psyched about skyrim! And for the record it's not to get people to buy an. Xbox, anyone who buys an xbox for a 30 day advance on dlc for a game reallllllly needs a life, beyond belief, they did it as a bonus for xbox owners to thank them for their loyalty.

Some people are so stupid....

The following user thanked Under Alts Bed for this useful post:

Battle Papaya
08-26-2011, 11:44 PM #10
E0000B6FAF25838
Nikolai Reznov
Way to shit on loyal PC customers Bethesda. They wouldn't be where they were if it weren't for the PC gamers.

I hate that Microsoft does this. I mean, it's a smart move and all, but from the outside, it just seems plain wrong. The DLC gets finished, it's done, then it gets released for 360 and is just not released on the other systems for 30 days. This isn't Microsoft paying to get the DLC early, it's them paying to get it on time and have everyone else get it late. It's stupid.

To Microsoft: Good move, it was a great tactic, you did what any other company would do when given the chance. - I didn't expect anything else from you, so I'm not upset with you. :y:

To Bethesda: You should be ashamed of yourselves, first threatening to sue Notch, then showing your "appreciation" for your loyal PC gamers, I no longer have any respect for you. :n:

The following user thanked E0000B6FAF25838 for this useful post:

FoxkaZ

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo