Thread: Call Of Duty Elite Abandoned In Japan

1. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

04-19-2012 09:36 AM #1 Call Of Duty Elite Abandoned In Japan

Call Of Duty: Elite, the 'social network' for players of Activision's extremely successful Call Of Duty series has been abandoned in Japan, according to Square Enix, the original publishers.

According to Square Enix, the service was cancelled in Japan due to several localization issues. They claim that Activision worked extremely hard to try and get several different versions of Elite launched in different territories, as they wanted not only a subtitled, but also a dubbed version of Modern Warfare 3 released. This caused problems for Elite in the region.

Activision reportedly started working on better localization for the Call of Duty series after the launch of Modern Warfare 2 as many Japanese gamers were furious with its poor localization.

Even though Elite has been scrapped in Japan, Square Enix has confirmed that all DLC released for Modern Warfare 3 via the Elite service will still be accessible via the Playstation Store.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x iJB x For This Useful Post:

3. ChefHOU redsoxfan95fan93

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 2,051

Membership Elite Founder

04-19-2012 09:38 AM #2

typical activision shit

other than that, I'm enjoying this BF3 app^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thx outsider
    If you have ever traded with me please post here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

wtf jimmothy vvvv

4. Ben Former Staff

Join Date Nov 2014

Posts 2,011

Membership Former Staff

04-19-2012 09:40 AM #3

Lol "Localization issues" :dumb: That's an excuse, people in Japan are just smart enough not to buy Elite.

Budz Samurai Poster

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 2,630

Membership Elite

04-19-2012 10:36 AM #4

This could lead to worse things. I would love if the Japanese people sued Activision or Square Enix. They have the right to since they didn't get what they had paid for ^^ Quite a bitch from Activision.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Credits to JP

Convex [move][b]Alpcaca[/move][/b]

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 707

Membership Donator

04-19-2012 10:54 AM #5

Well that sucks for the Japanese. At least Elite works for me. ^^
    Oh wait, no it doesn't kay:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ARIISSEK :nyan: Kaffy :nyan:

Join Date Jan 2009

Posts 3,656

Membership Elite Founder

04-19-2012 02:33 PM #6

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Budz View Post
    This could lead to worse things. I would love if the Japanese people sued Activision or Square Enix. They have the right to since they didn't get what they had paid for ^^ Quite a bitch from Activision.
    No, they couldn't read any paid subscription TOS / License agreement. 95% of them will have an article in there that allows them to cancel the service whenever they like.

PS: They probably gave them some form of compensation.

8. Join Date Jun 2008

Posts 3,966

Membership Bold Ex-Staff

04-19-2012 02:46 PM #7

When Activision says they're "working hard and around the clock" on an issue it pretty much means they have one guy working on the problem and he's aloud to take as many breaks as he wants.
    "Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."